Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wyattboy

Post by wyattboy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 1:08 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:Hi, am new here. Went for the interview over the weekends but was booted out of the management round on sunday. Pretty depressing but will try again next month. :)

Since i have been visiting this forum every now and then, i think i should post my ecperience here.

Round 1: Self-intro. I got the question: What's your favourite sports? I guess my question was relatively essy as compared to the questions mentioned above.

Round 2: Skin check, cert check. There will be two small spotlights hanging above you but dont worry, just keep smiling and interact with the interviewer.

Round 3: 1 on 1. Passage reading and once again, just be yourself and interact with the interview. Keep smiling!!! :)

Round 4 (management round): Held at STC. I think i gave the wrong explanation when the interviewer asked about the core values of SIA. Oh well.....

I think the rounds are rather easy. Just be yourself really. Cant wait for the next one to come. :)
Hi. Anyway I can contact you? Need to enquire with you about something just that I don't have enough post to pm you.

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 1:51 pm

Any idea why they want to weigh? Bmi is 22 but are they looking for 19?are up to their eyes to determine acceptable weight.please advise. Thk u

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 2:34 pm

Omg the next interview date is out?! This is SO SOON! :) Seems like they really need a lot of people...

retrostuff

Post by retrostuff » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 2:51 pm

They need people is one thing; they still pick the finest of all and strict in e selection

mojoli

Post by mojoli » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 4:17 pm

I also went for the 7 Jan Interview and was booted out in final round interview too .

The final interview was very tiring and taxing .
(1) They called you in a Group of 6 based on the application form submitted . Then they will bring you to a room and ask you to wait there . But do not just wait , ask your group member for more information and memorize all their names and etc ( especially the names mentioned before and after you , as they most likely will be your partner )
(2) When you go in , they ask you to introduce you partner , so this have to depend on how much info you have dig from your partner ( again it depend on your luck on who your partner is ) .If he/she never mention much , it will make you sound boring when u intro them .
(3) They ask about current affair and how you feel . Then, they ask another general question ( what is you fav colour and why ?)
(4) Passage ( I was stupid as I paused at the words I do not know how to pronounce and my group told me that they skip the words they do not know and they get in ) . So for the reading , also do not be too honest , as honest bring you no where . Basically , the interviewer did not memorize the passage , just wan to listen to how your pronounce and the flow of it .

*just my 2 cent worth of point :)

wyattboy

Post by wyattboy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 5:11 pm

Any guys that went on 7 Jan and passed stage one?

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 5:47 pm

wyattboy wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:Hi, am new here. Went for the interview over the weekends but was booted out of the management round on sunday. Pretty depressing but will try again next month. :)

Since i have been visiting this forum every now and then, i think i should post my ecperience here.

Round 1: Self-intro. I got the question: What's your favourite sports? I guess my question was relatively essy as compared to the questions mentioned above.

Round 2: Skin check, cert check. There will be two small spotlights hanging above you but dont worry, just keep smiling and interact with the interviewer.

Round 3: 1 on 1. Passage reading and once again, just be yourself and interact with the interview. Keep smiling!!! :)

Round 4 (management round): Held at STC. I think i gave the wrong explanation when the interviewer asked about the core values of SIA. Oh well.....

I think the rounds are rather easy. Just be yourself really. Cant wait for the next one to come. :)
Hi. Anyway I can contact you? Need to enquire with you about something just that I don't have enough post to pm you.
Hi, I dont have enough posts to pm you too. :( Do you mind posting your questions here? We can all help one and another. :)

wyattboy

Post by wyattboy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 6:35 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:
wyattboy wrote:

Hi, I dont have enough posts to pm you too. :( Do you mind posting your questions here? We can all help one and another. :)
sure. i was just enquiring if you can post your actual intro script for stage one. and how you answer the question.

Shirlxl

Post by Shirlxl » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 7:12 pm

Judging from what you guys have shared, I supposed just confidence and smile wouldn't do the trick? :(

w0ahmissy

Post by w0ahmissy » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 7:19 pm

Hi I'm from the 3rd December interview intake and have successfully gone through all the interviews and will be commencing training next week.

Just my two cent opinion. I strongly discourage you to look for the exact scripts or model answers to the interviewer questions. They are looking for personality throughout the entire process and not looking for Mr or Miss Know-It-All. Obviously I've seen a lot of candidates interviewing with me giving the most perfect answers but they either sound very rehearsed or they look like something is in their mind (trying to remember what they memorize). And it is no surprise they didn't get through because in the midst of giving the best answers, they fall short in their personality. The interviewers are experts and trust me they have gone through the process so many times to know who is being real and who is just giving them answers from a script. So just do some research on the different questions they may ask and have a rough idea how you will like to answer them to make your personality shines.

Hope that helps and hope to see you onboard! :)
wyattboy wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:
wyattboy wrote: Hi. Anyway I can contact you? Need to enquire with you about something just that I don't have enough post to pm you.
sure. i was just enquiring if you can post your actual intro script for stage one. and how you answer the question.

Tating

Post by Tating » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 7:56 pm

went to the medical checkup just now but was called to return for another xray... should i be worried because i sure am freaking out...

Has anyone experience this before? :(

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:10 pm

w0ahmissy wrote:Hi I'm from the 3rd December interview intake and have successfully gone through all the interviews and will be commencing training next week.

Just my two cent opinion. I strongly discourage you to look for the exact scripts or model answers to the interviewer questions. They are looking for personality throughout the entire process and not looking for Mr or Miss Know-It-All. Obviously I've seen a lot of candidates interviewing with me giving the most perfect answers but they either sound very rehearsed or they look like something is in their mind (trying to remember what they memorize). And it is no surprise they didn't get through because in the midst of giving the best answers, they fall short in their personality. The interviewers are experts and trust me they have gone through the process so many times to know who is being real and who is just giving them answers from a script. So just do some research on the different questions they may ask and have a rough idea how you will like to answer them to make your personality shines.

Hope that helps and hope to see you onboard! :)
wyattboy wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote: Hi, I dont have enough posts to pm you too. :( Do you mind posting your questions here? We can all help one and another. :)
To wyattboy: Sure why not? :) Below is my script,

Good afternoon everyone, my name is XXX and I'm turning 21 this year. I played sports like swimming and volleyball. And I was part of the school volleyball team back in my school days. So I can say that both swimming and volleyball are my favourite sports. *smiles*

But I do agree with w0hmissy, the interviewers are really looking for personality so just be yourself. :)

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:12 pm

Shirlxl wrote:Judging from what you guys have shared, I supposed just confidence and smile wouldn't do the trick? :(
1. Personality.
2. Confidence.
3. Smile.

3 main factors to get the job. :)

Shirlxl

Post by Shirlxl » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:35 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:
Shirlxl wrote:Judging from what you guys have shared, I supposed just confidence and smile wouldn't do the trick? :(
1. Personality.
2. Confidence.
3. Smile.

Hmm ok. Anyway just a quick question. Does one have to be excellent in their command of english? Or just be able to speak out your thoughts would do?

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 8:40 pm

Shirlxl wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:
1. Personality.
2. Confidence.
3. Smile.

Hmm ok. Anyway just a quick question. Does one have to be excellent in their command of english? Or just be able to speak out your thoughts would do?
Erm not really excellent but you must be fluent in your english. No singlish.