Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Re: SIA

Post by M » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 8:46 am

kofro wrote:M,
Congrats.
The interview today only consists of the psy test, ht & wt and the water confidence test ?
The prev batch had to do 'catwalk' to see their gait. Did you have to do this today ?
Hi Kofro,

I doubt we did that yesterday though they did check our body front and back before we started with the swim. :wink:

M

Post by M » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 8:47 am

shopaholic wrote:Congrats M! =)

Anyone knows how long after a recruitment does it take for them to shortlist potentials for interviews? I am a m'sian and sent in both my application on the 24 June as well as 30 June in which the deadline was 2 July. I will die if I am not shortlisted.

I really will.
Thank you. :wink: I reckon the invites will be sent out a week before but some did receive few days before the scheduled interview. Goodluck and don't despair. :shock:

ee

Post by ee » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:33 am

j08 wrote:hi,

im abt 1.53m n weigh 40kg, would there be any chances of getting into an airline? because i heard cathay pacific did accept shorter n smaller build gals

rgds

if im not wrong most airlines accept at least 1.57m or can someone help if im wrong????

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:14 pm

M wrote:

Anyone knows how long after a recruitment does it take for them to shortlist potentials for interviews? I am a m'sian and sent in both my application on the 24 June as well as 30 June in which the deadline was 2 July. I will die if I am not shortlisted.

I really will.
Thank you. :wink: I reckon the invites will be sent out a week before but some did receive few days before the scheduled interview. Goodluck and don't despair. :shock:

M,

when is "a week before" ? I don't even know when the scheduled interview is... Mind boggling this is.

just a guest

Post by just a guest » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:52 pm

ee wrote:

im abt 1.53m n weigh 40kg, would there be any chances of getting into an airline? because i heard cathay pacific did accept shorter n smaller build gals

rgds

if im not wrong most airlines accept at least 1.57m or can someone help if im wrong????
For SQ, the minimum height for stewardess is 1.58m. It is due the height of the compartment on board, if u are less that 1.58m, i'm afraid you won't be able to reach the compartment with this height.

j08

Post by j08 » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 1:34 pm

just a guest wrote:
ee wrote:

rgds

For SQ, the minimum height for stewardess is 1.58m. It is due the height of the compartment on board, if u are less that 1.58m, i'm afraid you won't be able to reach the compartment with this height.
wat cbt other airlines do u know??

kofro

SIA

Post by kofro » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 2:55 pm

M,
So they just checked your body front and back ? What they looking out for ? Tattoos ? or the build of your body ?

M

Post by M » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 3:32 pm

shopaholic wrote:
M wrote:

I really will.

M,

when is "a week before" ? I don't even know when the scheduled interview is... Mind boggling this is.
Girl, normally a week before the scheduled interview, the invites would be sent out. I do not know if they did state the dates of the interviews online during the period of application. So I guess you just have to wait for their replies or check if the rest of any applicants whom you might know have received the invites? Hang in there as there are more openings in the future yeah? :roll:

M

Re: SIA

Post by M » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 3:34 pm

kofro wrote:M,
So they just checked your body front and back ? What they looking out for ? Tattoos ? or the build of your body ?
Yes, just the front and the back. Probably for tatoos and your build. I've got some pretty small build guys in my group and they have made it to the last round. So I guess it's how you present yourself at the moment. :wink:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 4:08 pm

M wrote:
shopaholic wrote:
M wrote: Thank you. :wink: I reckon the invites will be sent out a week before but some did receive few days before the scheduled interview. Goodluck and don't despair. :shock:

M,

Girl, normally a week before the scheduled interview, the invites would be sent out. I do not know if they did state the dates of the interviews online during the period of application. So I guess you just have to wait for their replies or check if the rest of any applicants whom you might know have received the invites? Hang in there as there are more openings in the future yeah? :roll:

M, Good Lord why didn't you tell me how much of a bimbo I sounded like? lol I obviously knew the answers to that I just kept asking the obvious. I know, so you can stop rolling your eyes :lol: Being in this forum too much turned my brain into mash! ::horror:: I kid, I kid. Guess I just have to wait for my reply, which I am sure will arrive. I mean, who wouldn't shortlist me!! hehe.. :twisted:

M

Post by M » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 4:19 pm

shopaholic wrote:
M wrote:
shopaholic wrote:
M,

M, Good Lord why didn't you tell me how much of a bimbo I sounded like? lol I obviously knew the answers to that I just kept asking the obvious. I know, so you can stop rolling your eyes :lol: Being in this forum too much turned my brain into mash! ::horror:: I kid, I kid. Guess I just have to wait for my reply, which I am sure will arrive. I mean, who wouldn't shortlist me!! hehe.. :twisted:
You were doing fine!! All the best babe!! :twisted: :roll: :roll:

ciscorecall

Post by ciscorecall » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 5:18 pm

does sq accept non-singaporean asians (aside from the majority races like Chinese, Malay, Indian, Japanese)? i'm a singapore PR from philippines :?

Keen

Post by Keen » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 5:31 pm

I got the call from SilkAir! Im sucsessful!!! Yippie!!! So happy... No must go for medicals.Anybody any idea what they will look for during Medicals? Thanks!!!

curious_to_be_one

Post by curious_to_be_one » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 7:46 pm

M wrote:

I really will.
harlo,R u "coming-to-be" steward, can u share your interview experience? tell us more about what SIA is actually looking for, particulary for males? do the males have to try out the uniforms as well? if ur height is like 164cm, will they pass u? tell us more! :)

jesjes

wow silkair

Post by jesjes » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 8:05 pm

Keen wrote:I got the call from SilkAir! Im sucsessful!!! Yippie!!! So happy... No must go for medicals.Anybody any idea what they will look for during Medicals? Thanks!!!
hi.... how many interview did you go thru for the silkair?? isit same at SIA...