Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
kaina

Post by kaina » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 7:47 pm

Hello elly13,

I cant seem to pm you because I have not make sufficient post in this forum. Can you pm me your email so i can reply your qns to you? :)

cheers

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Tue, 19 Jun 2012 8:08 pm

tomandjerryonwards wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:Hi there, I went for my medical check up today and was surprised that there was no blood test. There was an X-ray taken around my chest area... Is the X-ray taken to check the lung condition or the spine? How do they check for scoliosis? They did not ask me to do any forward bending or whatsoever. Can anyone be keen to share their medical check up experiences? :)
So lucky! I was asked to bend down and had to do further checks on my spine -_-
Did they ask you to go for further checks on your spine the very day or next day? I went there today and heard the lady calling people on her phone to come back for more test... How long will they get back to us if they think there should be more checks and how long will they call you back if you're deemed fit for employment and your availability is at the end of this month?

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:12 am

Nevergiveup wrote:
Hey ponytailparade, are you having your training now or you are already start flying?

I think we should give all the hopefuls here encouragement instead of putting them down? So all the best to all the hopefuls!!! ;)
I believe everyone who came to this topic wants to know facts and the truth. Why sugar coat everything? It's the fact that she needs to get 5 O's if she doesn't have a recognised diploma. I never said she's ugly or incapable or will never get in. All I'm saying is, she should get her 5 O's before going for the interview because she's just wasting hers and the interviewers' time.

Like they say, the truth hurts. If masqueradedoll cannot take the harshness of truth, I don't think she's ready for the real world. Much less the working life of SQ.

I mean no ill intentions. I'm just being truthful.

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:16 am

yoyobin wrote:
Hmms, I thought a recognised diploma is ok even without o levels??
But if someone only have an o level cert (5 credit ), it must be accompanied by sufficient work experiences... Correct me if I'm wrong..
Recognised diplomas in local polytechnics require 5 O Level's. L1R4. Not sure if MDIS or Kaplan's diploma is counted as 'recognised'

ponytailparade

Post by ponytailparade » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:38 am

raiderbomb wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:Hi there, I went for my medical check up today and was surprised that there was no blood test. There was an X-ray taken around my chest area... Is the X-ray taken to check the lung condition or the spine? How do they check for scoliosis? They did not ask me to do any forward bending or whatsoever. Can anyone be keen to share their medical check up experiences? :)
Did they ask you to go for further checks on your spine the very day or next day? I went there today and heard the lady calling people on her phone to come back for more test... How long will they get back to us if they think there should be more checks and how long will they call you back if you're deemed fit for employment and your availability is at the end of this month?
For those with availability date stated immediate - If within the next 1-2 days no one calls you back for extra checkup (normally scoliosis) then they will probably call you within this week or next. Normally quite fast.

Raiderbomb, yours might be the week after next but then again it could be this or next also. Guess you just have to wait. This part is the most agonising part. All the best!

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 8:32 am

ponytailparade wrote:
raiderbomb wrote:
tomandjerryonwards wrote: So lucky! I was asked to bend down and had to do further checks on my spine -_-
For those with availability date stated immediate - If within the next 1-2 days no one calls you back for extra checkup (normally scoliosis) then they will probably call you within this week or next. Normally quite fast.

Raiderbomb, yours might be the week after next but then again it could be this or next also. Guess you just have to wait. This part is the most agonising part. All the best!
Thank you for the kind reply! I hope there won't be any extra checkups for me and clear this medical round! :) all the best to all of you too! :)

8913yann

Post by 8913yann » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 3:43 pm

raiderbomb wrote:

Hello! Yes I had the same thing :(
The lady doctor was quite stern but nice, she did everything fairly quickly and detailed, however, I wasnt ask to bend down for scoliosis or anything.
She checked me for hernia and chest area for lumps, listening to me breathe n measured the pulse/pressure thing. thats all.

I'm most worried about scoliosis!

bluewire

Post by bluewire » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:52 pm

Hi raider, what does the medical check up consist of? just X-ray and urine test?

ladyshi

Post by ladyshi » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 8:09 pm

bluewire wrote:
Hi raider, what does the medical check up consist of? just X-ray and urine test?
including height ,weight, eye sigh

ladyshi

Post by ladyshi » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 8:10 pm

Any new crew starting their flights already? Please share how will the roster be like?

TIA:)

whitepetals
Chatter
Chatter

Post by whitepetals » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 4:27 am

All I can say is don't expect too much in e beginning...just be patient n it will all turn out good... :)

Fallenmango

Post by Fallenmango » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 5:43 am

Those who went for (18june) Monday's medical, have you guys receive the confirmation call? :D

raiderbomb

Post by raiderbomb » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:10 am

Fallenmango wrote:Those who went for (18june) Monday's medical, have you guys receive the confirmation call? :D
I went for the 19th's medical.. Have you gotten your confirmation call? :D

enihpesoj

Post by enihpesoj » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:26 am

Went for the medical check up on Mon, 18 Jun and was asked to go back for a second X-ray as I've got mild scoliosis? Never knew I had that problem! So I went for the second X-ray on Tue, 19 Jun at Mount E. I doubt they're gonna call / post the rejection letter so soon, but the anticipation is killing me! :cry:

test12345

Post by test12345 » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:34 am

enihpesoj wrote:Went for the medical check up on Mon, 18 Jun and was asked to go back for a second X-ray as I've got mild scoliosis? Never knew I had that problem! So I went for the second X-ray on Tue, 19 Jun at Mount E. I doubt they're gonna call / post the rejection letter so soon, but the anticipation is killing me! :cry:
I also got called up to go for second x-ray. hope its nothing serious!

Can't wait to know the results