Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sachi

Post by sachi » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 1:36 pm

i just got home from the interview & i didnt pass the first round :roll: and it's my 3rd attempt...

anyone ever failed in the first round for more than 3 times but finally got in?

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 2:56 pm

@sachi,
Huh? I didn't knw there's a SIA interview today, 24th July??

slimslee

Post by slimslee » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 2:59 pm

@sachi
I just realised ur from Indonesia! Heehee
So what qns did they ask on the first round?

sachi

Post by sachi » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 6:35 pm

@slimslee: ya it's the walk-in in indonesia hehee..
during the 1st round we were asked to do short & brief introduction only, no question was asked. from my group of 6 ppl, only 1 was selected to proceed to the 2nd round.
i was shocked because the lucky girl's appearance wasn't neat. she wore mini denim skirt and white shirt, but she's pretty though :)

so are u a cabin crew slimslee? :)

coccopie

Post by coccopie » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 11:29 pm

thanks jumiko!! :) may i also know how many days in advance would they notify u to go down to sign the contract??

tiffanybean

Post by tiffanybean » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 8:07 am

Good Morning! Can I please check with those who have the knowledge on this issue, what colour of nail polish should we paint our nails with on our first day of training? is it red straight away? but because they did not really tell us which shade to use so do we get the red nail polish first before training starts?
Thanks loads for the help! :D

rebeccacious
Regular
Regular

Post by rebeccacious » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:26 am

tiffanybean wrote:Good Morning! Can I please check with those who have the knowledge on this issue, what colour of nail polish should we paint our nails with on our first day of training? is it red straight away? but because they did not really tell us which shade to use so do we get the red nail polish first before training starts?
Hey babe, you do not need to paint your nails on the first day. However, if you want to, you can buy OPI - 20 candles on my cake or OPI - big apple red. :) They will tell you which colours to buy on grooming day.
SIA ♥♥

tiffanybean

Post by tiffanybean » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:20 pm

Hi rebeccacious, thanks so much for the advice! It really helped alot! :D Can't wait for training to start! :D

Jovhoney

Post by Jovhoney » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 4:12 pm

Hi rebeccacious, is your name Rebecca Sie?

PerRy1007

Nail polish

Post by PerRy1007 » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 7:34 pm

rebeccacious wrote:
tiffanybean wrote:Good Morning! Can I please check with those who have the knowledge on this issue, what colour of nail polish should we paint our nails with on our first day of training? is it red straight away? but because they did not really tell us which shade to use so do we get the red nail polish first before training starts?
Hey babe, you do not need to paint your nails on the first day. However, if you want to, you can buy OPI - 20 candles on my cake or OPI - big apple red. :) They will tell you which colours to buy on grooming day.
Dont buy 1st. ur 1st few days no need to apply red polish. only on ur grooming day then the trainer will tell you what to buy.

vivyfy

Re: Selecting Criteria

Post by vivyfy » Sun, 25 Jul 2010 11:47 pm

no name wrote:
vivyfy wrote:I'm from Thailand as SIA is recruiting CC in Bangkok this Sep. It's the first time for SIA recruitment here. I have no idea about their selecting criteria. Does age matter for them? I'm 27 years old now. There is no problem for the middle-east airlines but I'm not sure is that OK for SIA?

I just want them to give me a chance to get an invitation to present myself to them first. *-* Will the door open for me?

I heard that there are new joiners who are about 28-29 is that true?

I really want to join SIA. I submitted application online already but waiting is torture for me now. T__T

Thanks in advance for your reply ><"
Hi there

AGE MATTERS A LOT TO SQ. But my ex-colleague joined them at the age of 27. Guess if you are blessed with youthful looks, possible. But please do yourself a favor, if you really want to go and try, go. you never know.

Not too sure if the recruitment will be different from the ones in Singapore.
No name-Thank you so much. I'll do my best.

Thank you venical for sending PM to me too :)

Spiky

Age?

Post by Spiky » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:51 am

Hi there vivyfy, regarding the age limit, 27 years old; is NOT OLD.
I am 25 and i got in. As long as you are under 30 years old, i seriously do not think it's a problem at all. I believe someone mentioned that AGE MATTERS IN SQ. Yes but that's if you are like above 30. But come on, 27 is not that old. People who are slightly matured (ie. 25-29 years old) can also have alot to offer to the company. Such as maturity, experience etc etc.

Regards
Spiky

phyliss.c

Post by phyliss.c » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:56 am

Hi everyone, I am interested to apply as a cabin crew but I have quite noticeable scars on my legs. I am thinking of wearing stockings for the interview, and it can cover up my scars quite well. However, I am worried that they might ask me to take off my stockings during the interview, maybe kebaya/skin-check round or something, will they?

Will appreciate very much if anyone can help! :)

natelletse

Post by natelletse » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 1:38 am

phyliss.c: they will ask u to remove stockings during kebaya fitting. however, they are only looking for tattoos around the ankle area. :)

no name

Post by no name » Mon, 26 Jul 2010 6:05 am

phyliss.c wrote:Hi everyone, I am interested to apply as a cabin crew but I have quite noticeable scars on my legs. I am thinking of wearing stockings for the interview, and it can cover up my scars quite well. However, I am worried that they might ask me to take off my stockings during the interview, maybe kebaya/skin-check round or something, will they?

Will appreciate very much if anyone can help! :)
find a good concealer or use sally hansen airbrush legs if you are worried without stockings!

that works for me!