Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
el-chan

Post by el-chan » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 4:42 pm

how is a new cc supposed to handle the whole flight alone when usually the flight is served by lets say 10 ccs? quite impopssible to serve more than 100 over passengers right?? what is the purpose of conducting this solo flight thing?

redhead

Post by redhead » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 5:20 pm

el-chan wrote:how is a new cc supposed to handle the whole flight alone when usually the flight is served by lets say 10 ccs? quite impopssible to serve more than 100 over passengers right?? what is the purpose of conducting this solo flight thing?
solo flight doesn't mean you are the only cabin crew who will handle all the pax, it means you are not on your SNY<supernumerary> in which you'll be guided , solo flight means you are on your own.. doing same work as the other crews for that flight..so better listen and understand everything you can absorb during SNY. ;)

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 5:57 pm

Hi all, has anyone received their confirmation yet? Anyone who got through the interview during the walk-in during Dec 12th but couldn't start? I heard there's gonna be another 4 batch opening up for feb, not too sure about the reliability though.
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

pho87

Post by pho87 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:19 am

my groupmates and me are still awaiting the yes/no phonecall of whether our med cleared or not... we went for our final intvw on jan 13th (wed).

will you be starting training in feb, mauricechai?

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 1:39 am

pho87 wrote:my groupmates and me are still awaiting the yes/no phonecall of whether our med cleared or not... we went for our final intvw on jan 13th (wed).

will you be starting training in feb, mauricechai?
Hello Pho87, I am not very sure if I will be starting in Feb but looking at situations now, I would very much like to think so. A few of my friends who made it through during the dec 12th recruitment are waiting for the greenlight still. Anyway, congratulations on making it! (:
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 1:44 am

mauricechai, u meant that ur frens who made it even after e med chk are still waiting now? That's long!!

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:00 am

multitasker wrote:mauricechai, u meant that ur frens who made it even after e med chk are still waiting now? That's long!!
Hello Multitasker, good day to you, yes, just the 3 of us actually because we couldn't start that early due to some circumstances and since Jan is effectively out, I would like to think it'll be on feb. Yourself Multitasker? Started?

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:02 am

waiting fr their cal, i'm actualli kiv-ed for e final rd. so... dunnoe y so long

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:03 am

multitasker wrote:waiting fr their cal, i'm actualli kiv-ed for e final rd. so... dunnoe y so long
Which means you still have not went through your final round yet? Best of luck to you Multitasker (: Yes, I would like to think it's going to take sometime for them to process stuffs, but I think it's definitely worth the wait. Hang on! (:

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:05 am

bt i dun actualli understand y they kiv. Sad n worry to wait. :(

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:06 am

multitasker wrote:bt i dun actualli understand y they kiv. Sad n worry to wait. :(
Not too sure either, never heard of this kinda situation, perhaps you would like to ask the people in the forum, most of them are crews already I suppose and I'm sure they'll be able to help. Did you submit all the documents during your interview? Did they tell you when they will be calling you?

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:07 am

yes all. so jux gotta wait. They said will cal, but nv say wen. so.. WAIT!!! Lol...

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:13 am

pho87 wrote:my groupmates and me are still awaiting the yes/no phonecall of whether our med cleared or not... we went for our final intvw on jan 13th (wed).
yeah same here.. guess they do clear medical by batches.. as for me, since i only can start in may earliest, i guess i will have to wait v long too! and probably be batchmates with those who will make it thru the interviews in apr/may and can start immed..

the wait is so agonizing tho..

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:13 am

multitasker wrote:yes all. so jux gotta wait. They said will cal, but nv say wen. so.. WAIT!!! Lol...
check your Pm Multitasker.

pho87

Post by pho87 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 2:28 am

hi multitasker. i think i kind of get your situation, cuz at the final interview sessions on jan 13th, there was a girl in one of the prev groups who was told that they couldn't tell her the results on the spot and has to wait for them to contact her again. the girl beside me explained that it prolly meant that they will schedule her in if there are vacancies in the coming training batches / classes.

to maurice: but has sia called at least to verify whether you've passed the medical ? because if not, wow, it sounds like a long wait ! :o

as for me, no self-congratulations yet, as i have visible scoliosis, and believe the chances of medical clearance are slim. i do have a glimmer of hope though! and if i don't pass the med, i plan to fix my scoli and then re-try again in 6 mths, because flying with sia is really sth i wanna do...