Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 4:36 pm

inquiring*

grrl

Re: Silkair Final Interview

Post by grrl » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 4:41 pm

Guest22 wrote:Just like you gals...i'm waiting for the invite for final interview. None of the other girls i'm in touch with have received any news. The only conclusion i could come up with is that they might be conducting some last minute interviews before summing all for the final interview because they are actually still advertising for flight stewardess on their website even though the walk-in is over. It makes me really anxious...
theres alot of possibilities but nevertheless, we need to be patient (thou its really a long wait) & wish for the best outcome..

Post by Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 4:42 pm

CuriousCat wrote:After reading the hundred pages of postings, I realised that most of the girls are asking the same questions over and over. And most of these questions are mainly on age, size, height, scars, cover letters etc etc etc.

I feel that SIA is quite desperate in recruiting cabin crew because the turnover rate is pretty high for cabin crew. As long as you send in a decent photo of yourself and you meet the basic requirements, you'll be called up for the interview.

During the entire course of the interview, it is all about presenting yourself really really really well. I cannot emphasize more on that! This is because the successful candidate is working at the frontline, facing passengers from all nationalities. Being the national carrier, the girls are not only representing SIA, but also Singapore. Therefore, being abe to present yourself well is extremely important. I feel that this is also the reason why SIA has upped the requirements for cabin crew applications.

In view of the fierce competition, I feel that there are 3 important qualities that a successful candidate should possess in order to stand out from the rest. Firstly, you must speak fluent and well-articulated English. Secondly, you must know how to position yourself in every round of the interview process. Thirdly, you must possess a great smile.

Btw, please do not treat the other candidates as friends because all of you are actually fighting for the job. No doubt there is more than 1 opening for the job, you'll never know what the other candidates would do to outshine you. There is no fixed number to recruit, rather, its the quality of the girls who turned up that day. Therefore, its a relative thing whether you get selected or not.

Lastly, if you are less than 1.58m tall, please forget about getting the job. The HR people would not hesitate to ask you to leave just because you failed to meet the height requirements. There are girls who were asked to leave because they did not meet the height requirement at the very last round of interview where the HR people make their final height measurement.

Good luck to all.
Hi CuriousCat!
Thx for your advice! U sound like a hiring personnel! Do u happen to be one at SIA coz u seems to know so much!! :)

Guest100

Post by Guest100 » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 5:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:
CuriousCat wrote:After reading the hundred pages of postings, I realised that most of the girls are asking the same questions over and over. And most of these questions are mainly on age, size, height, scars, cover letters etc etc etc.

I feel that SIA is quite desperate in recruiting cabin crew because the turnover rate is pretty high for cabin crew. As long as you send in a decent photo of yourself and you meet the basic requirements, you'll be called up for the interview.

During the entire course of the interview, it is all about presenting yourself really really really well. I cannot emphasize more on that! This is because the successful candidate is working at the frontline, facing passengers from all nationalities. Being the national carrier, the girls are not only representing SIA, but also Singapore. Therefore, being abe to present yourself well is extremely important. I feel that this is also the reason why SIA has upped the requirements for cabin crew applications.

In view of the fierce competition, I feel that there are 3 important qualities that a successful candidate should possess in order to stand out from the rest. Firstly, you must speak fluent and well-articulated English. Secondly, you must know how to position yourself in every round of the interview process. Thirdly, you must possess a great smile.

Btw, please do not treat the other candidates as friends because all of you are actually fighting for the job. No doubt there is more than 1 opening for the job, you'll never know what the other candidates would do to outshine you. There is no fixed number to recruit, rather, its the quality of the girls who turned up that day. Therefore, its a relative thing whether you get selected or not.

Lastly, if you are less than 1.58m tall, please forget about getting the job. The HR people would not hesitate to ask you to leave just because you failed to meet the height requirements. There are girls who were asked to leave because they did not meet the height requirement at the very last round of interview where the HR people make their final height measurement.

Good luck to all.
Hi CuriousCat!
Thx for your advice! U sound like a hiring personnel! Do u happen to be one at SIA because u seems to know so much!! :)

I supposed she is not. If she is she wouldn't have said "i feel that SIA is quite desperate in recruiting cabin crew because the turnover rate is pretty high for cabin crew" and "please do not treat the other candidates as friends" coz in SIA you have to be very friendly to even the cleaners in the training centre let alone treating your fellow candidates who you are closer with as enemies.

Post by Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 6:03 pm

Actually, i kinda understand why curiouscat said that.. in fact, in any job, it is THAT realistic!

I tink wat her point is, if u help someone to increase her chance of getting into SQ, u r puttung yurself at risk by lowering yur chance, since the recruitment is about relative comparision.. it is impossible that all gers who r ave-and-above will get in.. definitely dey will select the best from the best... if everiger beocmes so gd at the interview, the hiring manager will simply be spoilt fer choice!!

Of coz, this does not mean that u have to be hostile to everi ger who is fighting for the same job as u want... still gotta smile smile and be yur best... yet, muz protect yurself.. something lek dat...

Aniwae, the above are juz my thoughts... nothing against anione... :)

And gd-luck everione!

Re: hi

Post by Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 6:23 pm

|Bluz| wrote:
Grace wrote:
Catmeat wrote:
hey reena. me too man. im more to plump side. i dont know abt u. im thinking twice man.
hi Catmeat and Reena,

don't worry abt your weight. i am 160cm and weight 58kg. and i got in, so don't worry. as long as u look proportional and curvy, and most impt, must be able to fit nicely in the kebaya and look nice in it.

since it is a kebaya, u must have the boobs and bums to look nice in it.
womanly curves to bring out the kebaya.

all the best with your interview. :)
Whoooo.... i guess that sort of a relief to hear. I am also plumb.. am 171cm weighing in at 66kg. Big bones and the extra weight ain't helping. hahaha... but i received my invitation for an interview on the 2nd July. I am going!! Reena, you should too. At least you have more pros weighed on ur side as you know more foreign languages.. whereas for me, english and chinese. But hey... since we are given a chance, why not!! rite?
Will be my first time to this interview..hope all things turn out right!

So exciting.... :P
phew! me too! a relief for me. i am 165cm and weight about 61kg....i am born big-boned :(

hopefully, if i pass thru the rounds and get into the kebaya round, i would be able to fill out the kebaya!

Reena, u sld go since we are given the chance to go for the interview...like what Bluz said, at least u know some foreign languages, i can only speak english and mandarin... ;)

jelly

Re: Silkair Final Interview

Post by jelly » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 6:42 pm

Guest22 wrote:Just like you gals...i'm waiting for the invite for final interview. None of the other girls i'm in touch with have received any news. The only conclusion i could come up with is that they might be conducting some last minute interviews before summing all for the final interview because they are actually still advertising for flight stewardess on their website even though the walk-in is over. It makes me really anxious...
Hmm i am also waiting for news from silkair. But I dun think that the delay is due to them still advertising on the website. My guess is that if its a management meeting, maybe they need to fix a timing whereby all the management staff is available. Sounds logical ? 8)

so, just wait on.

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 6:50 pm

hi gerls,

Is there anyone whom have sent in their SQ application via email on the 17th afternoon? Have you received the reply from SQ?

Please do drop a mail.

i am still waiting. i did not receive anything from SQ yet.

I wanted so much to be a singapore girl.

Thanks.

Congrats!

Post by Congrats! » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 7:37 pm

Good job to the SQ - Wannabe Sotong Legion that is keeping this thread alive.

You have managed to surpass 100 pages of repetitive, semi-illiterate, stupid posts, despite the fact that every answer to every possible useful and useless question you could every ask has already been answered AT LEAST FIVE TIMES.

Keep it up, you can make it to 200! I have complete faith in your abilities, or rather your lack thereof.

Here, I'll help to keep the ball rolling:

Any gerls knows how to become SQ hostess I always want to give try to the job but do you have to know how to swim? I not swim so good lor.

Silkair Crew

Re: SilkAir Interview~

Post by Silkair Crew » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 8:15 pm

grrl wrote:Any Ex-SilkAir Cabin Crew here? Was wondering Y it takes 1 week plus & we havent get any notification after the 3rd interview..Is there a 4th interview a.k.a mgmt interview like SIA? Care to share? Thank you!
Yes there is a mgmt interview. Will be about a panel of 6 - 8 interviewers...u have to stand and talk in front of them. It takes them about 2 weeks to send out the letters

DD

got invited

Post by DD » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 8:47 pm

i've gotten my invitation for Sunday 03rd July, at 1120, today

Post by Guest » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:03 pm

Hi DD, happy for you, congrats!

Did you get it via email or post?

O_^

Re: SilkAir Interview~

Post by O_^ » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:29 pm

Silkair Crew wrote:
grrl wrote:Any Ex-SilkAir Cabin Crew here? Was wondering Y it takes 1 week plus & we havent get any notification after the 3rd interview..Is there a 4th interview a.k.a mgmt interview like SIA? Care to share? Thank you!
Yes there is a mgmt interview. Will be about a panel of 6 - 8 interviewers...u have to stand and talk in front of them. It takes them about 2 weeks to send out the letters

Hi I would like to know more abt the 4th interview. I heard it is a tea session and they will give you a topic for ur grp to discuss.. is it any topic or just self introduction? Thanks. =)

HOpeFUl

Post by HOpeFUl » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:31 pm

I've received SIA invitation for the Sun,JUl03 1020Am interview.This will be my 2nd attempt since the April interview....however,im not as excited as last time,maybe im hopeful but hopeless?

ANyway,i'll juz go n try wif a normal heart so as to not pressurise myself.guess in this way,ill perform better.

Good luck to those who will be going to fulfill their dreams to bein a FA this wkend..... :)

wannabee

Post by wannabee » Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:58 pm

Congrats! wrote:Good job to the SQ - Wannabe Sotong Legion that is keeping this thread alive.

You have managed to surpass 100 pages of repetitive, semi-illiterate, stupid posts, despite the fact that every answer to every possible useful and useless question you could every ask has already been answered AT LEAST FIVE TIMES.

Keep it up, you can make it to 200! I have complete faith in your abilities, or rather your lack thereof.

Here, I'll help to keep the ball rolling:

Any gerls knows how to become SQ hostess I always want to give try to the job but do you have to know how to swim? I not swim so good lor.
i am so amused by ur post. so funny.

hurhurhurhur

:o