Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Re: skin check enquiry

Post by VeniE » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 9:46 am

sugarforsweets wrote:and what do they mean by "No pigmentation/scars on face" during the skin check? like to what extend is "a clean face"? like how about small dots/moles?
small moles and dots should be fine... u can use concealer to cover them.

usually during the skin check, they will ask whether you will remove the mole if you were recruit etc... so it's ok la..

anyway i think if you were to remove now it will take some time to heal it.
Soaring above all

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:05 pm

hey ppl...

SQ recruitment is round the corner... I bet everyone's soOOO excited!!!

Well, juz wanna check with you guys, do you prepare a little script for self introduction in round one??

Well, i wasn't so sure coz it seems that if i were to prepare one, den when it's my turn to speak, when i talk i seems to be like memorising from a script. you know what i meant??

What do you guys think?? maybe i should practice more often so i will be natural?? or i shoud juz go in like that dun prepare anything??? Haha...
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 1:17 pm

i feel u should organise the main things u wanna talk about... but do not memorise... had a girl in my grp other time who is apparently like reading frm the script... all our eyes started to roll.... u know what i mean?

ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 2:36 pm

I did prepare myself by saying my introduction many times to myself & my bf just in case. :P Just sound natural and confident.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 3:37 pm

My dear Venie....

never memorise!

They may throw u a qns out of what was expected....!
haha..but its good to know what u want to talk about in general....like an outline or skeleton.... :)

so, u wont panic & know not what to say....
Again, there is this gal n my grp last time...
she just said, " my name is YYY, i have came to apply for the post of flight stewardess."
then she sat down...guess what? she got in & clear all rounds...now should have started her training....

so, u see what we all meant! :D
.CEL.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 3:42 pm

CelT wrote:My dear Venie....

never memorise!

They may throw u a qns out of what was expected....!
haha..but its good to know what u want to talk about in general....like an outline or skeleton.... :)

so, u wont panic & know not what to say....
Again, there is this gal n my grp last time...
she just said, " my name is YYY, i have came to apply for the post of flight stewardess."
then she sat down...guess what? she got in & clear all rounds...now should have started her training....

so, u see what we all meant! :D
Huh?? how luckly... god... should i do that?? hehe... better dun try my luck man...

well... maybe i should juz think of what i wanna say for self intro part... as for the question have wait till that day's interview den pray hard ba...
Soaring above all

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 3:46 pm

i realise i always speak much faster when im gan chiong... so i'm so worry i'll be speaking like a bullet train this sunday again... LOL

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 4:18 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:i realise i always speak much faster when im gan chiong... so i'm so worry i'll be speaking like a bullet train this sunday again... LOL
yeah yeah me toO... my frens said that too... whahaha...
Soaring above all

cookiecream

Post by cookiecream » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 6:43 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:i realise i always speak much faster when im gan chiong... so i'm so worry i'll be speaking like a bullet train this sunday again... LOL
Dun worry bliss, i think i'm the same too.. lol..
I speak too fast and end up stutter at times when i'm nervous. :(

JadeiteJade
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JadeiteJade » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 8:55 pm

cookiecream wrote:

me too me too!!!lhaha :wink:

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 9:40 pm

Haha, I gesticulate alot when I get nervous. So in interviews, I try to sit on my hands to prevent myself from doing so. I guess everybody has a nervous "twitch"! :P

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 9:48 pm

Hey sugarforsweets!
i've just started training 2 weeks ago :) Like you, i recently completed my A levels and got a place in my dream course NTU Mass Comm. But after much consideration and advice from my loved ones, i decided to follow my heart and join SIA. Although this meant a sacrifice of my studies, I have no regrets at all :) Training's really fun and i've learnt so much. My batchmates are also the nicest people around!

I agree it is important to look long-term and decide if you plan to make flying your career. Ultimately, Singapore is still a pragmatic society where it's always good to have a degree for a safety-net. But if it helps, SIA does sponsor their employees for further studies! (selection is competitive though :P)

I sincerely wish you all the best dear!
:kiss:

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:09 pm

cookiecream wrote:
i din notice that you do that the last time leh... u sound normal to me leh... heehee.... :D

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:37 pm

what time r u all planning to go...? wanna go together...? i'm planning to go early though... mb 9am reach or so....

cookiecream

Post by cookiecream » Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:23 am

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:
cookiecream wrote:
i din notice that you do that the last time leh... u sound normal to me leh... heehee.... :D
that time i lost my voice.. so most probably you didn't hear me at all? lol..
I also find that you speak normal too.. hehe..