Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
wannabee

Re: emirates

Post by wannabee » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:05 pm

KittyKat wrote:
wannabee wrote:
Guest Star wrote:
Hi with regards to the acne scars and that you're going for laser tmt to remove them. are your scars that bad? I've bump into one SQ girl yest and noticed her complexion is troubled. guess she got the problem after joining SIA..
the scars r visible. holes on the cheeks. though my acne days r long gone, the scars r there. results frm the laser treatment is gradual since i'm still undergoing the treatment - it takes time u see. i'm optimistic that the scars will be reduced soon n with gd foundation, hopefully they r not obvious the next time i go for an interview. i guess u need to be in a tip-top condition during the interview. the other day, at the airport, i actually saw this sq cabincrew with horrible huge zits on her back but i reckon she only had a breakout after joining sq. ohwell....

:o)
Hi Wannabee,
Please, pleaseee share with me in detail what was the interview like? I'm goin for their walk-in interview next Sat (they're recruiting in Bali)...and I'm so nervous!!! What kind of questions were asked? Dress code is formal business attire right?

Thanks so much in advance!
pls refer to my earlier entry on how the 1st round of interview was conducted. i'm a rookie myself n i was rejected so i wouldnt know wats the dos n don'ts. nevertheless, i guess its basic interview ethics to be dressed appropriately. i saw some gerls in blazers. but majority were dressed in office attire. hope this helps.

zhuzhu leong

Re: late mail

Post by zhuzhu leong » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:
zhuzhuleong wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I send mine on the 20th which is 2 days after the closing date..Will SIA ignore my application? Has anyone of you sent after the closing date yet SIA shortlisted you?
i once send in late as well. but not as late as urs. i sent in on the closing date itself, via snail mail, which happens to be a saturday also..
and i reckon they receive it on the following monday.
I got a reply from them still. although not together with the rest of the girls....

i had my interview in may where those who wouldnt late had theirs in april.
Lucky you, ger..I seriously hope they will shortlist me because' I love travelling and seriously hate office jobs..haizz..oh, btw during May interview, is that batch consists of ppl who sent their application late?
yes. the may interview is for those who sent in the application late.
so if they have not recruited enuff for the first round, the rest will probably fall into the next round lor

Post by Guest » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:51 pm

Hi zhuzhuleong, That means you attended the May interview right? If you don't mind me asking, which round did you stop at for the May interview? :)

Good luck to you and all the rest of the guys and gals who applied yah! :D

nice

Post by nice » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:58 pm

Hi, my interview is oso on 2nd july, 9am!
anybody the same as me??? :D

zhuzhu leong

sia interview

Post by zhuzhu leong » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:01 pm

wah so many people got their emails oredi. hope my friend can get hers as well... :?

i went for may interview, and was eliminated after the 1st round. :(

Tata

SIA Interview

Post by Tata » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:14 pm

To all girls and guys who applied for the SIA interview :
SIA will send the interview invitations to the girls first ( 2 Jul ) and then to the guys ( 3 Jul ). Those who never receive today, check your mail again tomorrow. As for the guys, check on Fri or even on Sat. There are cases where one will receive the invitation a couple of days before the interview. Those 1st-timers, or those who did not apply the previous one will have a much higher chance. Those who were eliminated in the later rounds(april interview) will have much lower chances than others.
Good luck !

silly

Post by silly » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:16 pm

Congrats to all the ladies who got their emails / snail mails replies from SIA. Really can feel the excitement. Maybe for those who received, can share with us what your snail mails or emails look like? Also, how come some snail mail some email? Isit based on how you submit your applications in the first place?

Blue

Post by Blue » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:19 pm

I got shortlisted too.

Honestly, I do not believe they send out the email by alphabetical order. Just don't wanna give you girls false hope. So if you are interested to know, my surname starts with S. There you go.

I'm going for the interview on 2th July, 8:40am. :)

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:41 pm

Me too me too. this is going to be my 3rd attempt. 2nd july at 9am. haha

galgally

Re: SIA Interview

Post by galgally » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:47 pm

Hi gals..im shortlisted for the interview too! Mine is on e 2nd July 840am. Does anyone noe whether they r very stringent on e height? Cos im actually only 1.57m, will they reject me instantly? Anyone can advise me on this? Thanks!!

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:58 pm

The first thing u have to do is to take off your shoes and measure your height. Mine is actually 1.60. But then go then measured by them: 1.59.5(first attempt), 1.59 (2nd attempt)

:cry:

shan

Post by shan » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 1:43 am

hey galgally/blue mine is also at 840. lets know each other now first so we wont be so lonely at the scene. btw u guys gonna turn up in wat attire. im gonna wear blazer because i bought it already..-_- The email will come as "flight attendant" as the topic, content will be wat to bring and location thats all. Height wise i think it will be alrite as long as the person measuring is kind.. try to stretch abit. im 159 hopefully their pple are nice man.

Post by Guest » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:00 am

shan wrote:hey galgally/blue mine is also at 840. lets know each other now first so we wont be so lonely at the scene. btw u guys gonna turn up in wat attire. im gonna wear blazer because i bought it already..-_- The email will come as "flight attendant" as the topic, content will be wat to bring and location thats all. Height wise i think it will be alrite as long as the person measuring is kind.. try to stretch abit. im 159 hopefully their pple are nice man.
Don't forget to RSVP. Cheers! :wink:

Blue

Post by Blue » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:00 am

Anonymous wrote:
shan wrote:hey galgally/blue mine is also at 840. lets know each other now first so we wont be so lonely at the scene. btw u guys gonna turn up in wat attire. im gonna wear blazer because i bought it already..-_- The email will come as "flight attendant" as the topic, content will be wat to bring and location thats all. Height wise i think it will be alrite as long as the person measuring is kind.. try to stretch abit. im 159 hopefully their pple are nice man.
Don't forget to RSVP. Cheers! :wink:
That was me --> Blue.

shopaholic

good luck :)

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 23 Jun 2005 2:39 am

To all those who were shortlisted, congrats!

I've missed the chance, when I visit the website, it was 19th and they've stated to send the application by 18th June. Am a little saddened but I guess that's OK.

I'll be done with my degree at the end of August, and am looking very forward to join SIA. Does anyone have any idea when the next recruitment will be?