Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:38 pm

coolbb wrote:Hi Shaundc ..Have you ever thought of calling them instead ?Im quite nervous as mine was immediate too but no respond from them so far?
just wonder Have anyone sign any contract so far?hmm.. :???:

hi there, i hope i can ease some of ur anxiousness away.
my management interview was on 3rd nov, aft tt i went for my medical on the same day. Thats monday.

On thurs (6th nov) itself, i gotten a call from Mary Michael (frm SIA) to confirm that i've passed my medical and they will send me (thru snail mail) a letter of acceptance.

The letter came the nxt monday (1oth nov). I sent it back on tues (11th nov) and waited for another week which was Monday (17th nov) to tell me that they have received my letter of acceptance and has given me either 3rd or 4th DEC to go down to sign my deed with my surety thru email.

So as you can see, it usually takes about a month to get everything done. So no worries. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

coolbb

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:45 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
coolbb wrote:Hi Shaundc ..Have you ever thought of calling them instead ?Im quite nervous as mine was immediate too but no respond from them so far?

my management interview was on 3rd nov, aft tt i went for my medical on the same day. Thats monday.

On thurs (6th nov) itself, i gotten a call from Mary Michael (frm SIA) to confirm that i've passed my medical and they <textarea>
sherrielynn wrote:

On thurs (6th nov) itself, i gotten a call from Mary Michael (frm SIA) to confirm that i've passed my medical and they will send me (thru snail mail) a letter of acceptance.

The letter came the nxt monday (1oth nov). I sent it back on tues (11th nov) and waited for another week which was Monday (17th nov) to tell me that they have received my letter of acceptance and has given me either 3rd or 4th DEC to go down to sign my deed with my surety thru email.

So as you can see, it usually takes about a month to get everything done. So no worries. :)
Hi sherrielynn,

10x for the info ..I see but how come Deja can start work on so early and is Marry the Admin lady who announce our result on the final interview ?

:???:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:50 pm

coolbb wrote:Hi sherrielynn,

10x for the info ..I see but how come Deja can start work on so early and is Marry the Admin lady who announce our result on the final interview ?

Ah, that you have to ask Deja. And you no pay attention to the ladies in STC ah ! lol.

The lady that you seen for management interview is Sheryn Loy - Cabin Crew Executive.

Mary Michael- HR Recuritment (cabin crew)

2 different ladies my dear. :)

But I believe Deja might just be lucky because when i went for my uniform tailoring - I peeked at my list of 17 girls. She might had been one of them. When she speaks, we will know the truth. :)
Flutterby Flutterby

coolbb

Post by coolbb » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 2:57 pm

sherrielynn wrote:

Ah, that you have to ask Deja. And you no pay attention to the ladies in STC ah ! lol.

The lady that you seen for management interview is Sheryn Loy - Cabin Crew Executive.

But I believe Deja might just be lucky beca<textarea>
sherrielynn wrote:

But I believe Deja might just be lucky because when i went for my uniform tailoring - I peeked at my list of 17 girls. She might had been one of them. When she speaks, we will know the truth. :)
Hahah..of cuz I aware I just get to meet Sheryn Loy thats all ,never get a chance to meet Mary but is she is the one who announce our results? hmm.. :???:

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:03 pm

coolbb - announce your results ? with regards to what results ? if its about calling you to tell you the medical, it will be her because once medical is faxed thru, it goes straight to the HR side.

Then when everything's settled, you will be seeing her for your signing of your deed. Your training should start in Jan since theres a 15th Dec intake, I believe they will put all of you together.
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:03 pm

Ain't you excited! It's just next week!! :lol:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:14 pm

pork12 wrote:Ain't you excited! It's just next week!! :lol:
porky to consider the fact i've waited for 30 days , of cuz i'm !!!! lol.
and are you gonna try tis time ?! you gotta make jtps proud leh !!! lol i was talking to my senior whose flying in SQ and hes like thinking of asking who was frm jpts. lol !!!
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:21 pm

sherrielynn wrote:
pork12 wrote:Ain't you excited! It's just next week!! :lol:
porky to consider the fact i've waited for 30 days , of cuz i'm !!!! lol.
and are you gonna try tis time ?! you gotta make jtps proud leh !!! lol i was talking to my senior whose flying in SQ and hes like thinking of asking who was frm jpts. lol !!!
WOHO! I'm excited for you sia!
Wah! JTPS produces lots of cabin crew is it?? :shock: *STRESSED*
I will send my application la, if selected I'll go. If not.... I'll wait for the next write-in!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:23 pm

porky - as far as i know, we were in the best school. lol
pls go ok ! and i believe i've classes on the 15h which means i might get to see you there too !!!!
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:29 pm

:o We were? Haha.. Apparently the records say otherwise.......
Ok! If I'm there, we can say hi!

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:31 pm

pork12 wrote::o We were? Haha.. Apparently the records say otherwise.......
Ok! If I'm there, we can say hi!
sure is wat ! if nt close dwn for wat ? lol
yeah !! i see u there alrites !!!
Flutterby Flutterby

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:32 pm

sherrielynn wrote:sure is wat ! if nt close dwn for wat ? lol
yeah !! i see u there alrites !!!
*GASP* I didn't catch the sarcasm! :shock:

stewardwannabe
Regular
Regular

Post by stewardwannabe » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 3:33 pm

hey guys,

have jst submitted my application , but will be coming down from KL!.. hopefully they will reply us soon!.. haha

anyone else appiled for it?
SW

jojoz85

Post by jojoz85 » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 4:13 pm

Just wondering, during the management round we'll be interviewd by 2 interviewers?

Before I went for the management round on last Thurs, I was told to meet a Singapore SIA executive and a Taiwanese supervisor (cabin crew). But I received both calls from SIA cabin crew recuitment staff and the supervisor, telling me to wait for email.

I was wondering, did that considering the management interview or not yet. I remembered the email that inform me to go for the management interview, stated that I've to birng my original documents and a photocopied each. But I was not told to bring on Wed.

I told them as I'll be graduating in March 2009, so is it possible that they will take a longer time to review my application? Or they have to wait for other Taiwanese applicants to apply in Taiwan then review all applications at once. (They did not seem to have such case that a Taiwanese applies as Taiwanese cabin crew in Singapore)

And I'll like to know if there's any condition applied for medical? Like, in what circumstances that people will fail their medical?

It's my 1st attempt and I hope I can just pass it at one go (even if I were to fail, I'll still try again).

I'm so anxious just waiting for their email, not knowing when the email will come in!

shaundc

Post by shaundc » Tue, 02 Dec 2008 6:13 pm

jojoz85 wrote:I'm so anxious just waiting for their email, not knowing when the email will come in!
Join the anxiety club. I welcome you on behalf of our Club President, Coolbb :D

you'll recognise him. he's the one that looks like this :???:
I think we all agree Quagmire rocks. Giggidy Giggidy GONE!