Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:16 pm

sillyflower wrote: Hmm... Four years ago, I shared the same feeling as you too. They invited me for an interview. When I was there, I had 0% confidence. Then, I simply turn my back and returned home without even trying the interview.
I don't want that to happen to me... :?
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:22 pm

thecharmedlady wrote:rachelhoe: I can't PM you my email address as I'm new.
Very interested in getting the tips via MS from you.
Can you email me at [email protected] (Sorry for posting my email publicly as I'm desperate!)

Is reading all the tips about being a SQ CC till I'm going dizzy.

Will SIA be holding an interview in Dec? I'm thinking of going in Dec as November is too rushing for me.

haha you look at prev pages. about 1 or 2 pages back. i posted all there. those that i email to the rest include some stuffs about me hahaa like what i'm gonna say ect ect. i dont think there will be any in dec. it's very rush for me too, but i am just going to try. if not.. i cant sleep at night, will get very bothered by the fact that i didnt even make an effort to go lol
Last edited by rachelhoe on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

rachelhoe

Post by rachelhoe » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:25 pm

12: my dear.. it's worth it to try. plus there is no risk in it agree? haaa i have only 2days to prepare for the interview but i'm just going to bang my head in. atleast you have no regrets. hmm try picking up some foreign lang? i can speak french so..yar i can teach you a little bit. like how you intro yourself, yr age ect...
One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:32 pm

pork12 wrote:
sillyflower wrote: Hmm... Four years ago, I shared the same feeling as you too. They invited me for an interview. When I was there, I had 0% confidence. Then, I simply turn my back and returned home without even trying the interview.
I don't want that to happen to me... :?
Pork, well... =) perhaps you should try when you have more confidence, just like me. i need 4 years to have that much confidence.

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:52 pm

rachelhoe wrote:12: my dear.. it's worth it to try. plus there is no risk in it agree? haaa i have only 2days to prepare for the interview but i'm just going to bang my head in. atleast you have no regrets. hmm try picking up some foreign lang? i can speak french so..yar i can teach you a little bit. like how you intro yourself, yr age ect...
I know very minimum Korean. I was intending to pick up that language. But now is really not a good time.

mintia

Post by mintia » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:35 am

pork12 wrote:
mintia wrote:Whoo... at 165 & 54kg - my BMI is 19.8 BUT I still have to wear the size L kebaya during the fitting round!

*sigh*

ok - back to jogging for me...
INSENSITIVE!!! I'm 22.6! Hmmph! :cry:

Hey Pork,

don't be upset - just go for it. I was 60kg in June and during my 1 - 1 interview, I was asked "do you know you're a bit on the heavy side?". I admitted and explained etc - got through that round but failed the management round. Well, it sure made me determined to loose some weight...

You never know what you're going to expect if you don't try. GO for this 23rd Nov walk in. Even if you don't make it through all the rounds, it's a good experience! :)

In regards to being a C cup and getting a big size Kebaya > I had previously posted about my own experience - I am only a B cup and already had a hard time finding a top that could fit me! The tops are labelled like " 32", 33", 34" etc while the skirts are either by waist size or M, L. I always just grab the biggest I can find - while there are some lucky girls who need to find the smallest size!

There was also a girl in my previous interview - who had to wear her spag top under the kebaya top (as it didnt fit), but she didnt make it through. She said it was due to a mole on her neck.... hmmm...

Well, don't let all these little things affect you all - just go and try! Just don't wear a push up bra on that day! :wink:

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 8:58 am

mintia wrote: Hey Pork,

don't be upset - just go for it. I was 60kg in June and during my 1 - 1 interview, I was asked "do you know you're a bit on the heavy side?". I admitted and explained etc - got through that round but failed the management round. Well, it sure made me determined to loose some weight...

You never know what you're going to expect if you don't try. GO for this 23rd Nov walk in. Even if you don't make it through all the rounds, it's a good experience! :)

In regards to being a C cup and getting a big size Kebaya > I had previously posted about my own experience - I am only a B cup and already had a hard time finding a top that could fit me! The tops are labelled like " 32", 33", 34" etc while the skirts are either by waist size or M, L. I always just grab the biggest I can find - while there are some lucky girls who need to find the smallest size!

There was also a girl in my previous interview - who had to wear her spag top under the kebaya top (as it didnt fit), but she didnt make it through. She said it was due to a mole on her neck.... hmmm...

Well, don't let all these little things affect you all - just go and try! Just don't wear a push up bra on that day! :wink:
Ha! I'm not upset! :lol: But my stand remains, I'll go when I have the confidence.

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:13 am

jlayl wrote:okayy
my height is 159cm.
but I fear that if they measure my height as 157, HOW!?
seems liek they always measure shorter than our usual height...

if they measure below 158cm, we can't even go for the interview right?
Hello jlayl !
Don't worry. There will be a tape for you to reach (you can tip-toe). If you can reach and touch the tape, you can go for the 1st round of interview.
I am standing at about 157.5cm . I tried to reach the height of 212cm and I can reach and touch it :D

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:23 am

my height is 159cm.

im worried bout tat too! m only 158!!

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:33 am

Exclusive wrote:
chocopie wrote:
sillyflower wrote: I think the formula to caculate BMI is weight (kg) divide by <height>. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong. What 212 marking?
hi silly flower. ru on msn now?? i ve added u!! approve so we can chat. U must reach at least 212cm via tiptoeing stretchin or watever. tat's e height of e safety/emergency button or something???
Hi girls.. you all going for the next walk-in right? i might be going.. possible to join or anything? i don't want to be alone there! hehe
Sure! run along n join us!! always nice to know friends
Hafiz n sherrie, thanks for replies =))

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:34 am

Actually, I think the killer part (where most girls got rejected) is the 2nd round. The bright spotlight is the killer. lol

Though I have never been to the interview before but I heard about it from my sister. Under the bright spotlight, they can see how good/bad is your complexion. Scary :(

yakai

Post by yakai » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:56 am

i suppose tat if u all happen to have zits on tat interview day itself, jus use some concealer over it but dun over conceal.. dun end up looking very cakey.. i believe its understood tat at times we have bad hair day and bad face day :roll: conclusion is dun over stress at the interview.. go with a mindset tat if u cant make it den try again.. i know of ppl who tried for 20+ times before getting into SQ.. now she is happily flying :wink:

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 9:57 am

wisdom&courage wrote:
my height is 159cm.

Hello jlayl !
Don't worry. There will be a tape for you to reach (you can tip-toe). If you can reach and touch the tape, you can go for the 1st round of interview.
I am standing at about 157.5cm . I tried to reach the height of 212cm and I can reach and touch it :D
widom&courage, my hands must ve been really short. i tip toe, stretch w all my mighty strength, still 5 cm short to e 212 mark. Haiz!

tat's 1 thing to worry. another is that my arms ve freckles like brown little specks all over. But it's still smooth ya. hmm.. will i be booted out for tat? or shd i apply e spray on stocking on my arms? :p will it be seen throught wit e strong light???

yakai

Post by yakai » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:00 am

chocopie

dun b bothered by those lil freckles on ur arms :wink: they are not bothered by them :) anyway after u don on the uniform, it cant be seen since its abt 3/4 long & i suppose dun spray or try to conceal them if not it wil invite more attn to them

wisdom&courage
Regular
Regular

Post by wisdom&courage » Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:51 am

chocopie wrote:
wisdom&courage wrote:
my height is 159cm.

Hello jlayl !
widom&courage, my hands must ve been really short. i tip toe, stretch w all my mighty strength, still 5 cm short to e 212 mark. Haiz!

tat's 1 thing to worry. another is that my arms ve freckles like brown little specks all over. But it's still smooth ya. hmm.. will i be booted out for tat? or shd i apply e spray on stocking on my arms? :p will it be seen throught wit e strong light???
hello chocopie !
Lets not worry about these. Just tell yourself this , " I must do my best for that interview and enjoy the process of the interview."

Because only when you enjoy, you will be more relax and not so tense up
:D

Good luck!