Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
endlessx

Post by endlessx » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:15 am

p_for_prissy wrote:2dae alot of pple meh...nt realli wad as compared to the walk in..
Well, thats what the lady said..... :-|

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:16 am

i think the failure rate is high for rd ones for today. other rds not v sure. but seems okie. coz im in the 1st few rds.

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:16 am

but since when sia recruitment campaigns is nt in gd response..its definitely overwhelming lo..lol

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:19 am

i suppose every round itself is a killer la..dey r damn hard to please tho..u will nv noe wad r dey tinkin n wad dey wan frm u..n even if u mit their standards dey will still haf doubts abt u n chose to eliminate u..placin hopes on other candidates..since dey haf abundance around..

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:23 am

rd one is luck. rd two skin chk for todae is w out spot lights so easier to pass... otherwise will be strict...

in a way.. i do agree luck plays a impt part.. and is subjective in a way that depends on whether the interviewer likes u?

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:25 am

yeah n its pretty hard to please them tho..sigh...will keep tryin...
but will dey ever tink dat its v irritating to see e same person comin so many tyms..n condemned dem in a way..so no matter wad she will still nt get in...on e contrary its nt wad dey sae go for it regularly to shw ur enthu n sincerity for the job..

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:26 am

dreamzz19 wrote:rd one is luck. rd two skin chk for todae is w out spot lights so easier to pass... otherwise will be strict...

in a way.. i do agree luck plays a impt part.. and is subjective in a way that depends on whether the interviewer likes u?
Btw, from ur round 1 to round 2 and so for....anyone got booted out for skin check or 1-to-1 interview??
(=^_^=)

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:28 am

skin check yes for me..but 1-1 i have yet to reach dat far..i aso dunno wads e prob dey see in my skin..apparently no scars or marks..juz mayb nt baby skin kind..

dreamzz19
Regular
Regular

Post by dreamzz19 » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 1:37 am

[quote="snowss"][quote="dreamzz19"]rd one is luck. rd two skin chk for todae is w out spot lights so easier to pass... otherwise will be strict...

in a way.. i do agree luck plays a impt part.. and is subjective in a way that depends on whether the interviewer likes u?[/quote]

Btw, from ur round 1 to round 2 and so for....anyone got booted out for skin check or 1-to-1 interview??[/quote]

we went in one by one. and they actually call every single name to let u noe if u get into rd 3... i dunno wad happen in the grps before me or after me... but it so happen the gal who was in the same grp as me since rd 1 passed all the way to rd 3 w me... how to sae.. not necessary every rd they wil kick someone from the particular same grp. esp for todae rd 2 we go in one by one. and results were not announced aft they accumulate a grp...

anw... im gg off to slp... hopin for the best for later =)

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:38 am

so guess everyone will try on this comin one at sheraton on 19 jul..hopefully dey increase their quotas n consider to hire more to restaff back those who have left.

acceber

Post by acceber » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:46 am

oh well. dunno is luck or what.

I kena booted out in the 1st rd yday too. Mayb 19th July walk-in will be a better chance for us :D

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!

strictly-vintage

Post by strictly-vintage » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:40 am

acceber wrote:oh well. dunno is luck or what.

I kena booted out in the 1st rd yday too. Mayb 19th July walk-in will be a better chance for us :D

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!
hey guys, i'm new here...anyway, regarding being able to attend the 19th july walk-in, i doubt it's possible if we have attended the write in. my friend was told to leave sherathan during the april walk in - they gave the reason that they don't do dual interviews a month. you guys sure about it?

p_for_prissy

Post by p_for_prissy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:02 pm

i haven hear abt that..but all i noe dey dun do re-interview on e same day..coz e other time at the walk in some gals who failed the rounds went to requeue again..so dey were asked to leave..

crystalheart

Post by crystalheart » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:18 pm

If you are not banned you can attend the 19 July interview. Don't listen to all those rumours and be discouraged k? :D

higgledy
Regular
Regular

Post by higgledy » Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:35 pm

I think we should just try on the 19th July. If we are really asked to leave, then no choice. Else, we still stand a chance. Like others, I was booted out in 1st round too, only 1 got in. But the gal who happens to be my friend was out in the 3rd round and she is not despaired. :)

To dreamzz19,

good luck to you & hope you have succeeded in the final management round.