Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tannynnat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 19 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby tannynnat » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:36 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?


I went for my medical on the 7th May 2018, mine was quite fast even though I came at 3pm. It really matters when you tell them your availability for training and I told them I was able to start training as soon as possible. Maybe you can give them a week or so to contact you?


Yeah the medical process was fast! They didnt call u for 2nd x ray or what nots right? Ah i've been so worried all week! Oh u said u could start asap? I see, i told them only june then i could start! or rather 1 month's notice or something like that. Yeah i guess so since i did do my medical late last week! I'll just continue to wait then. It seems like those who went for the 7th may medical, got the call on the 15th! I dont know anyone who went for the 9th/10th may medical so im super nervous about my results :(


No I wasn’t called for a second xray checkup haha! I thought I was gonna be in trouble coz I was having a blurrrrrry time at The Eye checkup part but haha I Guess I wore the wrong contacts. Anyway I Guess you just gotta wait hahaha. I heard they don’t reject people whose backbone is a little bit curve. I don’t know... maybe it’s just a rumour coz there’s a certain minimum amount of degrees. Hahaha anyway good luck!

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:50 pm

tannynnat wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:
I went for my medical on the 7th May 2018, mine was quite fast even though I came at 3pm. It really matters when you tell them your availability for training and I told them I was able to start training as soon as possible. Maybe you can give them a week or so to contact you?


Yeah the medical process was fast! They didnt call u for 2nd x ray or what nots right? Ah i've been so worried all week! Oh u said u could start asap? I see, i told them only june then i could start! or rather 1 month's notice or something like that. Yeah i guess so since i did do my medical late last week! I'll just continue to wait then. It seems like those who went for the 7th may medical, got the call on the 15th! I dont know anyone who went for the 9th/10th may medical so im super nervous about my results :(


No I wasn’t called for a second xray checkup haha! I thought I was gonna be in trouble coz I was having a blurrrrrry time at The Eye checkup part but haha I Guess I wore the wrong contacts. Anyway I Guess you just gotta wait hahaha. I heard they don’t reject people whose backbone is a little bit curve. I don’t know... maybe it’s just a rumour coz there’s a certain minimum amount of degrees. Hahaha anyway good luck!


Hehe thank you so much, all the best for training to u too!!!! ✨

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sun, 20 May 2018 10:08 pm

EssenceofMind wrote:Hi, I went for an walk in interview on 7th May at Suntec Convention and passed all rounds, went for medical on the 9th of May.
I have mild red-green color deficiency, so I went to see a eye specialist on the 8th to get my color vision checked. The specialist at Shinagawa eye centre reviewed and wrote a memo I had this deficiency condition, but had good vision in both of my eyes and is fit to fly as a cabin crew.

I presented the specialist letter during the medical, doctor decided to refer me to do another test called the Edridge lantern test at Aeromedical Centre. He highlighted that this test is done specially for pilots or Tech crew that handle aircrafts to test their color vision. On 10th May I went to do the lantern test but I failed it, went back to see the medical doctor only to hear him say because I failed this lantern test it would result me in failing my medical. I felt his words did not tally when he said that candidates with such color deficiency cases he sent them to do this lantern test and it’s under SIA guidelines, but when I asked the doctor at the Aeromedical clinic, he said my case was a really rare one.

The medical doctor asked me to file an appeal email to HR by attaching my specialist letter and tell them that I’m fit to fly as stated in the memo from my eye specialist. He even said not ignore the lantern test results and said not to include it in the email. So I sent in the email to HR and added would my color deficiency post as a hindrance in securing the job. I feel that I’m in a really delicate situation where I roughly know it’ll be a bad outcome, but then again does medical doctor have the last say? Or the SIA higher ups to decide and follow the specialist memo? The medical doctor said my memo does not carry any weight. Even up till now I do not know if my medical is still pending or not, the clinic did not call me back for further checks.

So I’m more or less expecting not a very good end to this, but maybe by some stroke of miracle I would get the job... sighhh.. Does anyone know if SIA would accept flight stewards with this color deficiency? :(


Hi! Oh my goodness, u went for 9th May medical? Me too! What time did you go? anyway, any updates on your eye situation? Have u heard anything from them?

xnihilox
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby xnihilox » Mon, 21 May 2018 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how much tax should I expect to pay annually as an SIA cabin crews from Malaysia?

Would I be considered a resident taxpayer or non-resident taxpayer for Singapore income tax purposes?

The IRAS website states that if a foreigner work/stay in Singapore more than 183 days for the year of assessment then we are considered resident taxpayers. But because we are working on board a Singapore plane internationally, I am not sure if that counts as part of the 183 days.

Can anyone share any information you know on this?

Thank you!

Fatfatpiggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Fatfatpiggy » Wed, 23 May 2018 2:32 am

Hey guys.
I went for medical checkup on 26th april in fullerton. Has anyone received the golden call yet. I have yet to receive mine. I went for my interview in penang on 31/3. Kiv for bmi. Passed my Bmi on 21/4 in singapore. Almost a month after my medical. Yet to recieve a call. :(

Fatfatpiggy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 23 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Fatfatpiggy » Wed, 23 May 2018 2:34 am

xnihilox wrote:Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how much tax should I expect to pay annually as an SIA cabin crews from Malaysia?

Would I be considered a resident taxpayer or non-resident taxpayer for Singapore income tax purposes?

The IRAS website states that if a foreigner work/stay in Singapore more than 183 days for the year of assessment then we are considered resident taxpayers. But because we are working on board a Singapore plane internationally, I am not sure if that counts as part of the 183 days.

Can anyone share any information you know on this?

Thank you!



Tax for the whole year would be less than 1k if im not wrong. I have malaysian friends who are already flying. They will do all the filing and send u a letter. Just pay accordingly. Hope it helps.

xnihilox
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby xnihilox » Wed, 23 May 2018 10:39 am

Fatfatpiggy wrote:
xnihilox wrote:Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how much tax should I expect to pay annually as an SIA cabin crews from Malaysia?

Would I be considered a resident taxpayer or non-resident taxpayer for Singapore income tax purposes?

The IRAS website states that if a foreigner work/stay in Singapore more than 183 days for the year of assessment then we are considered resident taxpayers. But because we are working on board a Singapore plane internationally, I am not sure if that counts as part of the 183 days.

Can anyone share any information you know on this?

Thank you!



Tax for the whole year would be less than 1k if im not wrong. I have malaysian friends who are already flying. They will do all the filing and send u a letter. Just pay accordingly. Hope it helps.


Thank you!

Really helps :)

g_genie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 24 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby g_genie » Thu, 24 May 2018 11:20 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.


May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?




Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:

Ohohoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 25 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby Ohohoh » Fri, 25 May 2018 11:49 am

Hi All! For those who are worried about pending documents, not to worry because they will ask you to submit on the day when you're going down for bond signing :) And usually, it takes awhile for them to contact you because it's base on your availability stated! So if you didnt receive any letters, you should be safe! All the best!

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sat, 26 May 2018 12:19 pm

g_genie wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.


May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?




Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:


Hi! I got the cal on 21st may! then 22nd May I went down to stc to submit! have u gotten call yet? When was ur medical and availability date?

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sat, 26 May 2018 12:19 pm

g_genie wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.


May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?




Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:


Hi! I got the cal on 21st may! then 22nd May I went down to stc to submit! have u gotten call yet? When was ur medical and availability date?

sheepsheep
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby sheepsheep » Sat, 26 May 2018 12:22 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
g_genie wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?




Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:


Hi! I got the cal on 21st may! then 22nd May I went down to stc to submit! have u gotten call yet? When was ur medical and availability date?


Hihi! May I know when was your availability?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sat, 26 May 2018 1:34 pm

sheepsheep wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
g_genie wrote:


Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:


Hi! I got the cal on 21st may! then 22nd May I went down to stc to submit! have u gotten call yet? When was ur medical and availability date?


Hihi! May I know when was your availability?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I put 31st May onwards. my training is on 19 June. Have u gotten the call?

sheepsheep
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

SIA cabin crew

Postby sheepsheep » Sat, 26 May 2018 2:05 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
sheepsheep wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
Hi! I got the cal on 21st may! then 22nd May I went down to stc to submit! have u gotten call yet? When was ur medical and availability date?


Hihi! May I know when was your availability?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I put 31st May onwards. my training is on 19 June. Have u gotten the call?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by sheepsheep on Sat, 26 May 2018 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

justarandomperson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 20 May 2018

Re: SIA cabin crew

Postby justarandomperson » Sat, 26 May 2018 6:41 pm

sheepsheep wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
sheepsheep wrote:
Hihi! May I know when was your availability?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I put 31st May onwards. my training is on 19 June. Have u gotten the call?

I see... I had my interview in March. No call/letter yet tho? Maybe because I’m still in the army, and I’m only gonna ORD on Aug3. I got a feeling I’m the last one from the March interview that hasn’t receive anything... lolol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh you are probably in alr if no rejection letter, just wait for the call!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests