Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cl0udz

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by cl0udz » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:16 pm

muhaha123 wrote:
cl0udz wrote:
muhaha123 wrote:
nope . still waiting though . did you went for a 2nd x ray ? I did a 2nd x ray cause thr GP told me I've scoliosis . but I'm not sure abt the degrees ! so I'm afraid they'll send me the rejection letter ! :(
Nope I didn't have extra checks. :) Don't worry, think positively! No news is good news. When did you go for your medical?
I went on the 5th September afternoon ! what about you ? :D
I went on the 6th noon! But I don't recall having back checks tho.. :/ Unless the chest X-ray can detect the spine? :o

muhaha123

Post by muhaha123 » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 12:36 pm

cl0udz wrote:
muhaha123 wrote:
cl0udz wrote:
Nope I didn't have extra checks. :) Don't worry, think positively! No news is good news. When did you go for your medical?
I went on the 6th noon! But I don't recall having back checks tho.. :/ Unless the chest X-ray can detect the spine? :o
yup ! x ray can see your spine ! still waiting for results ! there's no news yet ! so worried :(

cl0udz

Post by cl0udz » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 1:07 pm

muhaha123 wrote:
cl0udz wrote:
muhaha123 wrote:
yup ! x ray can see your spine ! still waiting for results ! there's no news yet ! so worried :(
Don't worry! You'll receive your call/text soon! :)

muhaha123

Post by muhaha123 » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 1:25 pm

cl0udz wrote:
muhaha123 wrote:
cl0udz wrote:
Don't worry! You'll receive your call/text soon! :)
if you received your call/text , do msg here pls ! :D

deeedeee

Post by deeedeee » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 9:11 pm

cl0udz wrote:
deeedeee wrote:Hi! Anyone here starting on the first week of Nov? (:
Hey! When did you go for the interview? :)
I went for interview on May and review in July.
For those who just went for the interview in Sept, no worries, they do take some time.
I only receive the golden text 4th week in after medical (:

Shaggedout

Post by Shaggedout » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 9:55 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me currently. I am still serving NS and am going to ORD at the end of October.

So I went for the interview on 21st May and subsequently went for both the final interview and my medical. Till date I have received no news/rejection letter whatsoever and I have to admit I am getting pretty anxious about it.

Should I contact Ms. Mary (My friend gave me her number) and clarify my status? Thanks for the help guys :)

ROSIEH

Post by ROSIEH » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:14 am

Shaggedout wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me currently. I am still serving NS and am going to ORD at the end of October.

So I went for the interview on 21st May and subsequently went for both the final interview and my medical. Till date I have received no news/rejection letter whatsoever and I have to admit I am getting pretty anxious about it.

Should I contact Ms. Mary (My friend gave me her number) and clarify my status? Thanks for the help guys :)

Hi! I don't think you should call! I had a friend who called the number to inform her that he wasn't able to go down for the medical check up as he was feeling unwell. And got scolded....haha. He was told that this isn't a number that he can just call and even asked him how did he manage to get the number.. Then again, she just told him to go down another day for the check up

But I guess that you shouldn't be too worried? I think they will let u know nearer to your ord date?

Tedyuntianhu

Post by Tedyuntianhu » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:49 am

Shaggedout wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me currently. I am still serving NS and am going to ORD at the end of October.

Hi Shaggedout,

I went for the 21 May interviews as well, and will ORD in the second week of October.

Although I've yet to receive anything as well, from previous posts and understanding from my friends already in training, a fair gauge as to when you will get the email to submit remaining documents (I.e. I/C & Certificate of Service) would be 3 weeks before your ORD date.

If up till now you've gotten nothing, it probably means you're in already.

For the May interviews, rejection letters have been sent out already in early July. :) Hang on tight! I'm sure good news will come to those who wait.

On a separate note, I've a group chat of 23 odd people who are from the May interviews. Do pm me if you're keen to join :).

Cheers man.

deeedeee

Post by deeedeee » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 1:09 am

I don't think you should worry about it as I receive my call later than those whom I met during the interview because my notice period is slightly longer.

I guess they would call just when they secure a training date for you which was what happen to me.

So for the guys waiting to ORD, no worries there as they will call when they have already secure a training date for you.

dubelux

Post by dubelux » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:06 pm

Hi just an update. I went to stc to submit my remaining docs on Mon 19 Sept and Mary told me that I will be targetted to start training in Nov. She haven't told me the exact starting date yet but she say she will contact me when it is confirmed.

To all those waiting for ORD, just be patient. Don't try to contact them. They will contact you if you're in (as stated by many in the forum) and arrange for you to go back and submit your remaining docs. No news is good news.

Shaggedout

Post by Shaggedout » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 2:50 pm

Hey everybody! Thanks for all your inputs ahaha. Guess I will just wait for that golden call/message then!

dalbit

Post by dalbit » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 3:14 pm

Hey guys! I went for the 3 Sep interview, 4 Sep management round, 5 Sep health check and I'm waiting for the golden call now too. It's the third week now so I'm getting restless. I never knew that my spine was curved but during the check up, they said I had to take a second X Ray for my spine and that made me so worried... Anyone else did the second xray too and in the same situation?

muhaha123

Post by muhaha123 » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 4:09 pm

dalbit wrote:Hey guys! I went for the 3 Sep interview, 4 Sep management round, 5 Sep health check and I'm waiting for the golden call now too. It's the third week now so I'm getting restless. I never knew that my spine was curved but during the check up, they said I had to take a second X Ray for my spine and that made me so worried... Anyone else did the second xray too and in the same situation?
me too . they say it's slanted . I worried abt it too.

ROSIEH

Post by ROSIEH » Wed, 21 Sep 2016 5:35 pm

muhaha123 wrote:
dalbit wrote:Hey guys! I went for the 3 Sep interview, 4 Sep management round, 5 Sep health check and I'm waiting for the golden call now too. It's the third week now so I'm getting restless. I never knew that my spine was curved but during the check up, they said I had to take a second X Ray for my spine and that made me so worried... Anyone else did the second xray too and in the same situation?

Same here! Let's not worry since we can't do anything about it!:)

dalbit

Post by dalbit » Thu, 22 Sep 2016 3:07 pm

ROSIEH wrote:
muhaha123 wrote:

Same here! Let's not worry since we can't do anything about it!:)
Ahh guess we're all in the same situation about the spine xray :( Let's keep each other updated here ok! :)