Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 4:35 pm

zcarina, I think you should ask actually. The interviewer might be impressed that you actually wanna improve and learn :)
Ishi Liu Yu Hao, Rest In Peace my eternal friend.

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 4:40 pm

DeeeNah wrote:zcarina, I think you should ask actually. The interviewer might be impressed that you actually wanna improve and learn :)

I definitely hope so.. think the way i phrase the qn shld be polite n not offensive so as not to give a bad impression.. Is there no other way we can know what went wrong in our interview??

rurik0
Regular
Regular

Post by rurik0 » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 4:44 pm

Hmm.... we were asked to change to our swim suit and very measured weight and height again.... then a guy briefed us on how to wear the life jacket. After that, we entered a mock plane and they opened a cabin door, the pool was below (abt 1.5m high or so) and one by one, we were asked to jump into the pool and backstroke to the other end and exit the pool. We were then supposed to walk a distance abt 3m to a lady, who will check our face... I was suay!!! when i jumped in, my lifejacket flew out of my neck, lucky i knew how to tread water!!! Only 2 were booted from the 30 sumting in this round. i'm not sure why they were booted though....
zcarina wrote:
rurik0 wrote:hi, my management is also tmr.... same as starie and oohlala.... omg!!! so stressed!!!!!!! CONFIDENCE...where are you...? >.<

Care to share yr WCT experience?? Passing rate?? Tks

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by love`Qoo » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 5:59 pm

i think for WCT if u dont hesitate to jump and no tattoos visible should not be a major problem.. as i think that this round is quite an easy one unless u are not confident in water.. the passing rate is always quite high..

patterious

Post by patterious » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 6:44 pm

zcarina wrote:
Plavt wrote:
zcarina wrote:
ya.. always booted @ kebaya.. hai~~
din know wats my problem..... can anyone help me??? :(
Sorry girls but if you always get booted out of the same round the odds are you will never get past it. Try another airline is the only option, who knows you might be happier?
hmm.. but i really wanna join SIA... do u think it is good to ask the interviewer why we couldn't go that particular round? will it give a negative impression??
I hope this will help u.

I have friend who always get booted out of the same round for few times until she really cannot take it and ask one of the interviewer. She told her that no matter how many time she tried, she will never cleared the kebaya round becoz of her ear. She cut her hair short and hide her ear and true enough she got in finally. She is going to start her training soon. So i think is reallly better for u to ask them. At least u can improve on it.

Cheers!
-_-

iamjia
Regular
Regular

Post by iamjia » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 7:23 pm

thanks for the advise patterious...
the next attempt if i got booted(choy!)
think its better to ask than going back home not knowing why :)

so so so...any girls asked the management when the next recruitment will be???please keep us updated :D

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 7:33 pm

Yup...whens the next one gals??? :)
.CEL.

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:01 pm

Hey oohlala! haha of course i rmb you dear.
All the best k! you're turning 18 in Dec? wow just pass tmr and you'll be the youngest to join SIA if i'm not wrong! :D

To all the other lovely ladies going for Mgmt tmr, good luck once again! Just one step away and you'll be part of the SIA family!

I'm only into my 4th week of training but it's been really fun! The people are truly very nice and i have to admit the feeling of wearing your own kebaya for the first time, haha makes everything worth it la :P

Good luck! :kiss:

fluffyclouds

Post by fluffyclouds » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:10 pm

i passed management round also went for medical checkup today. Hopefully i can passed everything.

anyway, saw a couple of mediacorp male artistes going for the interview on sunday 8-)

Lucille

Post by Lucille » Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:43 pm

OMg... how was the interview? the have skin check. gosh i miss it.. but why dun u girls try international airline?

starie

Post by starie » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:21 am

fluffyclouds wrote:i passed management round also went for medical checkup today. Hopefully i can passed everything.

anyway, saw a couple of mediacorp male artistes going for the interview on sunday 8-)
wow. congrats. tomorrow will be my management round. =(
is it? who are they? haha.

saken83

help

Post by saken83 » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:42 am

:???:
Last edited by saken83 on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ciaffection

Post by ciaffection » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 3:03 am

Hi i have a tiny mole on my left hand. Something like a sesame size and its in dark brown colour. i wonder will i got booted out if i went for the kebaya round?

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 8:46 am

patterious wrote:
zcarina wrote:
Plavt wrote: Sorry girls but if you always get booted out of the same round the odds are you will never get past it. Try another airline is the only option, who knows you might be happier?
hmm.. but i really wanna join SIA... do u think it is good to ask the interviewer why we couldn't go that particular round? will it give a negative impression??
I hope this will help u.

I have friend who always get booted out of the same round for few times until she really cannot take it and ask one of the interviewer. She told her that no matter how many time she tried, she will never cleared the kebaya round becoz of her ear. She cut her hair short and hide her ear and true enough she got in finally. She is going to start her training soon. So i think is reallly better for u to ask them. At least u can improve on it.

Cheers!

but there was once when i tried, there was a qns asked" what will you do if you were not selected?"

and one of the girl said that she'll politely ask the interview what went wrong and will try to improve herself. And after when she finish, the interview gave a comment that they do not entertain anyone after the interview, and will not give any comment on why u did not make it.
Soaring above all

zcarina
Regular
Regular

Post by zcarina » Wed, 18 Jul 2007 9:16 am

iamjia wrote:thanks for the advise patterious...
the next attempt if i got booted(choy!)
think its better to ask than going back home not knowing why :)

so so so...any girls asked the management when the next recruitment will be???please keep us updated :D
hey.. tks for e advice too.. i tiink it also depends on luck if the interviewer willing to tell u y u get booted out.. some interviewers might think u have to realise yr mistakes yrself.. hmm.. hopefully next recruitement comes real quick... *pray hard*