Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
marcheline

Post by marcheline » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 1:05 pm

amandababy wrote:Anybody has good skin doc to intro? I need to do laser to get rid of my acne scars :( anon knows roughly how much will it be?
Failed today's interview at round 2, skin check!
This is my 3rd attempt. First 2 times didn't get into round 2. I finally did it today but still got eliminated. So demoralizing :'(
Hey amandababy, today is my first SIA interview and I also got booted out in the skin check round. I think i digged my own grave by telling her my skin condition. (breakout) but i felt it was better to be honest cuz it's already on my face and i can't deny most girls there have what seem like flawless skin yeah? I am going to try out Smoothbeam and try again next round.

JENY

Post by JENY » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 3:59 pm

Hey guys anyone who atleast made upto 3rd round or got invitation can give me your qualification details?Like graduate or diploma holder and work experience so that i will get an idea their selection criteria.Pleeeeeeeeeeease reply!!
Also i am 23, graduated recently and diploma holder.
:)
..Love Jeny.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 4:03 pm

artsan wrote: Hey amandababy, there is one clinic chain called NIKS Maple. Niks Maple Laser Clinic, if I'm not wrong. It's at Heeren and their treatments for acne scars and blemishes are raved about online. If you live in the east then you can visit their clinic at Tampines (my Mom visits this clinic to treat her freckles.) Google on the address, I'm sure you'll find it. Hope that helps.
Thanks artsan for the info. Do you roughly know how much does it cost? I'm desperate. Lol

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 4:06 pm

marcheline wrote: Hey amandababy, today is my first SIA interview and I also got booted out in the skin check round. I think i digged my own grave by telling her my skin condition. (breakout) but i felt it was better to be honest cuz it's already on my face and i can't deny most girls there have what seem like flawless skin yeah? I am going to try out Smoothbeam and try again next round.
Hi! So many got to round 2 right? I don't really know what they're looking for, cos I saw some girls with flawless skin got booted out?
I'm so sad, cos I don't know if I'll be that lucky to get to further rounds again. Really disappointed.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 4:08 pm

Oh ya. What's smoothbeam? Lol
I heard there's recruitment next month again.
I'll go try again. Meanwhile take good care of my skin.

roxysquare88

How many groups were there this morning?

Post by roxysquare88 » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 4:40 pm

Out of curiosity, I am just wondering how many people were there this morning? I passed by Grand Hyatt Hotel, went up to level 3 (at about 11am) and realized that there wasn't a big crowd.

How many groups were there?

tkelvin

Post by tkelvin » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 6:28 pm

hi all,

would like to know if anyone can kindly tell me what to prepare for the management round? would seriously appreciate the heads up.

thank you!

flumpet

smile

Post by flumpet » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 8:14 pm

tkelvin wrote:hi all,

would like to know if anyone can kindly tell me what to prepare for the management round? would seriously appreciate the heads up.

thank you!
smile....alot.
it is very important. Be polite also, you never know if that SIA representative walking about outside is a manager or not.
SIA places a lot of emphasis on being polite.

smile, it works.

And speak well too la. haha

tkelvin

Re: smile

Post by tkelvin » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 8:22 pm

flumpet wrote:
tkelvin wrote:hi all,

thank you!
smile....alot.
it is very important. Be polite also, you never know if that SIA representative walking about outside is a manager or not.
SIA places a lot of emphasis on being polite.

smile, it works.

And speak well too la. haha
much thanks flumpet! mind if you could tell me what to expect here? like what am i required to do and so on and so forth? really appreciate your help! :)

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 8:55 pm

JENY wrote:Hey guys anyone who atleast made upto 3rd round or got invitation can give me your qualification details?Like graduate or diploma holder and work experience so that i will get an idea their selection criteria.Pleeeeeeeeeeease reply!!
for qualification details, you can check the website. it gives the best info u need. and u have diploma, you dun have to worry. :)

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 8:58 pm

amandababy wrote:
marcheline wrote: Hey amandababy, today is my first SIA interview and I also got booted out in the skin check round. I think i digged my own grave by telling her my skin condition. (breakout) but i felt it was better to be honest cuz it's already on my face and i can't deny most girls there have what seem like flawless skin yeah? I am going to try out Smoothbeam and try again next round.
Hi! So many got to round 2 right? I don't really know what they're looking for, cos I saw some girls with flawless skin got booted out?
I'm so sad, cos I don't know if I'll be that lucky to get to further rounds again. Really disappointed.
for what i know, they also look at ur posture and the way you walk. Might not be the skin that they got boot out. also note that they will not accept you if you got thick make up, cos they cant see your "bare" skin clearly.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 9:50 pm

Hey kinderjoy, ya I agreed on the posture. We were told to do a walk. And I didn't do well cos my heels were loose. Shldnt wear that heels :(
And weight was taken. I'm kinda heavy for my height. So I've alot of affecting factors.
Will improve and try again next month. Never give up girls! My friend told me one of her batchmates tried 13 times and finally got thru. So try again and again.

angelafatty

Post by angelafatty » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:00 pm

kinderjoy wrote:
JENY wrote:Hey guys anyone who atleast made upto 3rd round or got invitation can give me your qualification details?Like graduate or diploma holder and work experience so that i will get an idea their selection criteria.Pleeeeeeeeeeease reply!!
for qualification details, you can check the website. it gives the best info u need. and u have diploma, you dun have to worry. :)
anybody know what website to see which private school diploma do they accept?

Shirini

Post by Shirini » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:23 pm

amandababy wrote:Anybody has good skin doc to intro? I need to do laser to get rid of my acne scars :( anon knows roughly how much will it be?
Failed today's interview at round 2, skin check!
This is my 3rd attempt. First 2 times didn't get into round 2. I finally did it today but still got eliminated. So demoralizing :'(

Hi, what kind of scars do you have?

kinderjoy
Regular
Regular

Post by kinderjoy » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:13 pm

angelafatty wrote:
kinderjoy wrote:
anybody know what website to see which private school diploma do they accept?
there is no website that can confirm with you that sq will accept the private dip you hold. the best is to go to the interview and check with them. and of cos, best if you have your 5 'o's level credit. :)