Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
insight

Dun worry!!

Post by insight » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:37 pm

misdemeanor wrote:Has any one who went for the sunday's interview been emailed for the 2nd interview yet? Its such an agonising wait ...
Hi misdemeanor,
Same as u, I've not yet received.... there are hundreds of ppl ahead of us & SIA are lacking of resources. Dun worry, :) be expected next wk... Juz prepare urself for the time being and collect as much info as u can. :wink: Actually i'm more interested in the mangement interview! :) hee....

insight

Re: anyone gg for the management interview?

Post by insight » Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:40 pm

duckerism wrote:hi insight.

i'm currently waiting for the management interview.

how bout u?
insight wrote:Hi, is anyone here has passed all the tests & is currently waiting for the management interview? :D
Did they say when is it? :)

misdemeanor

Re: Dun worry!!

Post by misdemeanor » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:02 am

insight wrote:
misdemeanor wrote:Has any one who went for the sunday's interview been emailed for the 2nd interview yet? Its such an agonising wait ...
Hi misdemeanor,
Same as u, I've not yet received.... there are hundreds of ppl ahead of us & SIA are lacking of resources. Dun worry, :) be expected next wk... Juz prepare urself for the time being and collect as much info as u can. :wink: Actually i'm more interested in the mangement interview! :) hee....
Yeah so basically the 2nd interview is the 1-1 interview, followed by the swimming, then the kebaya, then the management interview right? Well, oh well when the time comes then I shall worry again. :) no point worrying now. sorta scaring ourselves. but yeah preperation would be ideal :)

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Tigerairways

Post by ryanstarr » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:04 pm

blancD wrote:awww... can everyone just give this a fresh start?
I read in Saturday's papers that tigerairways are recruiting cabin crew. Just go to their website and click on 'careers'. Any takers out there? :)
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

sg_gal

Post by sg_gal » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a week, and am impressed by the information you guys are willing to share here. :D

I went for the walk-in FA interview for SIA on 25 Feb, got through to round two, but have yet to receive any information regarding the next interview.

I'm currently in my final year of my degree course, and am very interested in a flying career. However, I've heard that some airlines offer rather low pays to the Flight attendents. I would like to ask, if any one here are aware of the remuneration rates for the various airlines?

Cheers,
sg_gal

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 1:18 pm

Jup wrote:I feel that Air Stewardess are very cheap girls! They travel around the world and go to bed with men anywhere anyhow easily. I think that Stewardess are very dirty. Yes, they may look pretty & charming & a glam job on the outside as they have the whole package, but deep inside, the side that we dont know and cant see, they are actually nothing better that the whores in geylang. Maybe they are just more high class whores that's all. Because they get to travel, and get more hig class or richer men to freak them. Some of my friends actually regard Air Stewardess as "High Class Whores"!

What a joke! So many people here wanted to join the whores crew, really a great joke!

And the SIA interview, choosing eligible whores...hahahahahaha! So many people going for interview to be whores. Whores to serve people on flights and to serve people again behind the doors in hotels.

Air Stewardess Air Stewardess
Fly High High
Legs open big big
Cheap Cheap Girls
Nothing but High Class Whores

What do you all think of this poem! My friend invented it.

We shall delicated this peom to all the Stewardess out there and to all the Stewardess wannabe!

Cheers Babes!
10 April 2006

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 1:40 pm

sg_gal wrote:Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum for a week, and am impressed by the information you guys are willing to share here. :D

I went for the walk-in FA interview for SIA on 25 Feb, got through to round two, but have yet to receive any information regarding the next interview.

I'm currently in my final year of my degree course, and am very interested in a flying career. However, I've heard that some airlines offer rather low pays to the Flight attendents. I would like to ask, if any one here are aware of the remuneration rates for the various airlines?

Cheers,
sg_gal
From what I know, only low cost carriers's crew are low paid.

For Singapore Airlines and other international airlines such as Cathay Pacific and Emirates, the pay is as follow:

Basic Pay which varies from $1.1K to $1.5K
Uniform Allowances of $150.00
Asian Countries Allowances varies from $300.00 to $700.00 (depending on the number of days abroad)
European Countries Allowances varies from $850.00 to $1500.00 (also depending on number of days and how far you go)
Average Pay to Aloowances varies from $3,500.00 to $5,000.00.

The career path is as follow:

Singapore Airlines:

Leading Crew >>Chief Crew >>In-flight Supervisor>>Check Crew>>Executive Crew.

Cathay Pacific:

Flight Attendant>>Flight Pursur>> Senior Pursur>>Supervisor

Cathay Pacific and Emirates cabin crew are paid alot more than Singapore Airlines cabin crew.

I hope this information will help some of you who really want to be a cabin crew of an international airline.
10 April 2006

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 1:53 pm

From what I know, meal and overnight allowances are as follows(estimated, per day):

Australia & New Zealand $250
Asia $100 - $150
Europe $300+
South Africa $200/-
Middle East $200/-
USA/Canada $200+
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sg_gal

Post by sg_gal » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 2:39 pm

Thanks dunno and Singaporegrrrl for the very valuable information! :)

Do you know if Cathay Pacific employs Singaporeans? If so, how can I apply?

Also, I've heard of the stringent face checks conducted by SIA. Are the other airlines as strict? I'm worried because I do have rather obvious freckles on my cheeks.

Cheers,
sg_gal[/quote]

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 2:52 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:From what I know, meal and overnight allowances are as follows(estimated, per day):

Australia & New Zealand $250
Asia $100 - $150
Europe $300+
South Africa $200/-
Middle East $200/-
USA/Canada $200+
See; http://www.siasu.org.sg/ for meal allowances.

Plavt.

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 4:26 pm

Cathay Pacific does recruit Singaporeans. But I don't know how to apply.

I know two friends who joined Cathay Pacific last year. But I lost contact because they are based in HongKong and have changed their phone numbers.
10 April 2006

louisv

Post by louisv » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:12 pm

Hi Anyone know how water confidence test is conducted? Can we wear goggles and is it true that only backstroke is allowed? :D

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:13 pm

donno wrote: I know two friends who joined Cathay Pacific last year. But I lost contact because they are based in HongKong and have changed their phone numbers.

The lengths people will go

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:19 pm

louisv wrote:Hi Anyone know how water confidence test is conducted? Can we wear goggles and is it true that only backstroke is allowed? :D
Would you have a pair of goggles with you during a real life sea ditching situation?

As you will be wearing a fully inflated lifevest during the water confidence test, backstroke is the only realistic stroke you'll physically be able to do.

louisv

Post by louisv » Mon, 06 Mar 2006 5:29 pm

Would you have a pair of goggles with you during a real life sea ditching situation?

As you will be wearing a fully inflated lifevest during the water confidence test, backstroke is the only realistic stroke you'll physically be able to do.
Thanks but what if I am a contact lens users? i can't see anything without it and the only thing is to wear goggles so I can see.