Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
VT
Regular
Regular

Re: ....Soon

Post by VT » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 1:10 am

Cheesie wrote:Hey guys, my friend who has just started the training 2 weeks ago told me this, she say she saw quite alot of ppl sending thier application form in already.. she say they are having the recruitment soon.. So shall we send in as well? Or we wait for the recruitment den send? If we send now den when the recruitment times, need to send again?? :???:
Hmmm.. For me, I'll wait for the recruitment then send. Cos if you send now and for sometime you dun get respond, you'll get worried, then you'll have the urge of sending again be it before their recruitment starts or when their recruitment start. And this might lead to getting black listed cos what i saw in this forum is that we can't send in twice within six months. Well, it's natural for one to feel worried that their application might be missed out or lost in the net or whatever. But what to do, everyone has to go thru that kind of feeling of anticipation. And yet can't do anything but just send once and wait quietly. :(

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 1:35 am

VT wrote:
Cheesie wrote:Hey guys, my friend who has just started the training 2 weeks ago told me this, she say she saw quite alot of ppl sending thier application form in already.. she say they are having the recruitment soon.. So shall we send in as well? Or we wait for the recruitment den send? If we send now den when the recruitment times, need to send again?? :???:
Hmmm.. For me, I'll wait for the recruitment then send. Cos if you send now and for sometime you dun get respond, you'll get worried, then you'll have the urge of sending again be it before their recruitment starts or when their recruitment start. And this might lead to getting black listed cos what i saw in this forum is that we can't send in twice within six months. Well, it's natural for one to feel worried that their application might be missed out or lost in the net or whatever. But what to do, everyone has to go thru that kind of feeling of anticipation. And yet can't do anything but just send once and wait quietly. :(

Hi Cheesie,

I agreed with VT, for my case, I'll wait for the recruitment too b'coz I have email my application few weeks back and have no receive any respond from them. I don't wish to flood their mailbox, irritate the busy hr personnel and worse get blacklisted.. :roll:

Anyway do you know when is the next recruitment...??

Tks

erieo

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:45 am

erieo wrote:
VT wrote:

Hi Cheesie,

I agreed with VT, for my case, I'll wait for the recruitment too b'coz I have email my application few weeks back and have no receive any respond from them. I don't wish to flood their mailbox, irritate the busy hr personnel and worse get blacklisted.. :roll:

Tks

erieo
Ya.. Okie.. we wait for the recruitment den send ba!! mmm i think coming few weeks ba... So now must check thier website often.. :D

erieo
Regular
Regular

Post by erieo » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 3:38 pm

Cheesie wrote:
erieo wrote:
VT wrote: Hmmm.. For me, I'll wait for the recruitment then send. Cos if you send now and for sometime you dun get respond, you'll get worried, then you'll have the urge of sending again be it before their recruitment starts or when their recruitment start. And this might lead to getting black listed cos what i saw in this forum is that we can't send in twice within six months. Well, it's natural for one to feel worried that their application might be missed out or lost in the net or whatever. But what to do, everyone has to go thru that kind of feeling of anticipation. And yet can't do anything but just send once and wait quietly. :(

Hi Cheesie,

Tks

erieo
Ya.. Okie.. we wait for the recruitment den send ba!! mmm i think coming few weeks ba... So now must check thier website often.. :D

Okie gals, all the best to us :D
Cheers!

abastos

Life

Post by abastos » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 8:56 pm

Hey there folks, hope you are well doing well. Anyway, I am just popping in to say hi! lol. Its been long since I've written a post over here! Anyway, hope you all are doing fine. I realise there's this kiddo shanzi, pardon me if I've erred on your name. Wow shan, you are really into the cabin crew life. But keep in mind that there's a lot more than just carrying a luggage into the plane and smiling. Usually, many will not stay coz it is health hazardous due to cosmic radiation, etc. So, I want to advise all aspiring Flight Attendants to not be so passionate about being one. No offence on what I am saying because you are literally killing yourself for flying so many years. I've seen my seniors and they are just wishing for death because they are so used to the cabin crew life so much so that they can't live out of it and are killing themselves slowly. I am terribly upset when I had a flight to Jakarta. My colleague (a stewardess) was complaining of a headache and I told her I will assume her duties at once but she rejected my offer. She went on and finally she busted out in the galley. Thank god it was not in front of the In-flight Supervisor (IFS)! It would have been such a serious case. But alas, she was actually having severe acute gastric pains. It was so bad that she had to fly back as a pax! The doctor said it's due to excessive radiation and poor quality of air which explains her diagnosis. Thank god her prognosis was not a heavy one. So, remember ladies and gentlemen, always eat right and sleep right. To those that are flying, please do eat and sleep when you are suppose to. Don't stay up all night if you are having a flight at 6am in the morning. You will be just killing yourself. Take care and be cautious folks! Signing off

abastos

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 9:28 pm

Hey Shazni,

By the time you are about 20 plus, which is 6 years to go, many major companies will definitely prefer polytechnic diploma. I think you should go for a poly diploma which is safer.

The diploma in tourism and resort management is for those who are keen in that industry. You can always go to the polytechnic website for more information about the course and what are the career opportunities they have.

Only if you want to work in tourism etc industry after being an FA, this course is good for you. For now, the cut off point for the course is 13 and the number of applicants was 600 when SP only wanted 100 people. If you dont get 15 points, you can always appeal.

Goodluck in your education dude!

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:58 pm

erieo wrote:
Cheesie wrote:
erieo wrote:
Hi Cheesie,

Tks

erieo

Okie gals, all the best to us :D
Cheers!

hi erieo,

The last BATCH of the mgmt interview for the walk-in recruitment was finally over. :D Guess there will be another recruitment coming soon...
And the most delighted issue is 9 0ut of 14 ppls passed the mgmt interview and cleared the tea party....to my surprise , this is the 1st time that i saw so many ppls passed thru the process.... :lol:

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:16 pm

Of ourse Matt I would 100% take a Poly diploma...Private Diploma only has 10 modules while LOCAL POLYTECHNIC HAS 36 MODULES...If you see there's a VERY BIG difference....Well I my relative who is an FA and he said that Poly diploma will be the best but of course AIM for Degree.Many of the SIA applicants who got in are mostly LOCAL POLYTECHNIC and UNIVERSITY DEGREE holders.....
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:26 pm

Where do SIA crew stay during their flights to other countries???Do they stay in an apartment together or each ofthem have their own hotel room??I think for each of them having a hotel room is really expensive...

Guy24

Post by Guy24 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 1:02 am

well for ur info
we do have our own room and i must say its a fantastic room too
we get to stay in at least a 4 star hotel
with regards to cost i think its cheaper cos its a agreement between the hotel and our company

and shazNi i can tell u maybe u really want consider the job again yes i used to think that its fun be a fa and especially passing through the interview rd after rd but after i started working ( only recently)
i realise that its not all just about looking handsome and pretty
and its def not about pulling our cabin back or cargo bag in airport admired by ppl.
its about able to take whatever shit from your passenger and seniors
its really change my mindset about what being a fa is all about
and not i am stuck in a min 2 yr contract with airline even though i kn i still like my job its a total diff mindset alreadyso well u are still young explore outside enviroment before u commited to one
best wishes

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Life

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 2:46 am

abastos wrote:Hey there folks, hope you are well doing well. Anyway, I am just popping in to say hi! lol. Its been long since I've written a post over here! Anyway, hope you all are doing fine. I realise there's this kiddo shanzi, pardon me if I've erred on your name. Wow shan, you are really into the cabin crew life. But keep in mind that there's a lot more than just carrying a luggage into the plane and smiling. Usually, many will not stay coz it is health hazardous due to cosmic radiation, etc. So, I want to advise all aspiring Flight Attendants to not be so passionate about being one. No offence on what I am saying because you are literally killing yourself for flying so many years. I've seen my seniors and they are just wishing for death because they are so used to the cabin crew life so much so that they can't live out of it and are killing themselves slowly. I am terribly upset when I had a flight to Jakarta. My colleague (a stewardess) was complaining of a headache and I told her I will assume her duties at once but she rejected my offer. She went on and finally she busted out in the galley. Thank god it was not in front of the In-flight Supervisor (IFS)! It would have been such a serious case. But alas, she was actually having severe acute gastric pains. It was so bad that she had to fly back as a pax! The doctor said it's due to excessive radiation and poor quality of air which explains her diagnosis. Thank god her prognosis was not a heavy one. So, remember ladies and gentlemen, always eat right and sleep right. To those that are flying, please do eat and sleep when you are suppose to. Don't stay up all night if you are having a flight at 6am in the morning. You will be just killing yourself. Take care and be cautious folks! Signing off

abastos

Hello abastos....Thanks for the advice yeah.

Evetten

Post by Evetten » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:58 am

I've been reading the posts for sometime and i must admit that Shanzi, you clearly have no idea what Customer Service (herein after referred to as Cust Svc) is all about. Cust Svc in Singapore isn't as easy as you think it is. Since you are really into being a FA, i suggest that you take up a part time job in some company that deals heavily in Cust Svc when you graduate. You can then have a full 4-5mths taste of what it is like. Of course glitz and glam come along with being an FA but i am pretty sure that those who are already flying will gladly do away with the glitz and glam if every flight is smooth sailing and they need not face hierarchy issues. :)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:24 am

Are you against me???
Evetten...I still have 11 more years to go so when I'm that age I will know at least what customer service is like...I already said enough about me didn't I....Don't comment about me anymore..I don't care what you think really...No offence yeah :D :twisted: :twisted:

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:04 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Of ourse Matt I would 100% take a Poly diploma...Private Diploma only has 10 modules while LOCAL POLYTECHNIC HAS 36 MODULES...If you see there's a VERY BIG difference....Well I my relative who is an FA and he said that Poly diploma will be the best but of course AIM for Degree.Many of the SIA applicants who got in are mostly LOCAL POLYTECHNIC and UNIVERSITY DEGREE holders.....
I wish you all the best! Hope you qualify for polytechnic or JC! :D

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Fri, 14 Apr 2006 8:12 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:Where do SIA crew stay during their flights to other countries???Do they stay in an apartment together or each ofthem have their own hotel room??I think for each of them having a hotel room is really expensive...
SIA FA stay at a 5 star or a 4 star hotel if they have a layover. From what i know, SIA crew have to share rooms. 2 people in one room(definitely different bed).
I was quite surprised when i know that SIA crew have to share room while many other airlines' crew have their own 5 star hotel room like Cathay Pacific.
For Budget airlines, they definitely got no hotel to stay at. Even if they have, they stay at 1 to 3 star hotel just like hotel 81. LOL.. just kidding..