Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:41 pm

All I ever wanted to do was to be friends with the people in the forum ok.........Hope you understand...Ermmm....Do SIA HR read this forum too???I'm worried if I might've said something wrong which will ruin my reputation..Anyways have fun and be happy......

Peace........ 8-)
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:44 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:All I ever wanted to do was to be friends with the people in the forum ok.........Hope you understand...Ermmm....Do SIA HR read this forum too???I'm worried if I might've said something wrong which will ruin my reputation..Anyways have fun and be happy......
You obviously haven't read all the entries. There have been times when current staffs even post here.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:45 pm

Singapregrrl dont worry about my studies kk..I'm doing fine it's just that I'm obsessed about being an FA...Enthusisastic would be the word to describe it...My BIG dream is not affecting anything...hehehehe

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:48 pm

Yeah...I'm aware that current staff post here..Of course I did not read all the entries...But to be more detailed I've read page 247-388(currently I'm posting)Well I dont want to be enemies with you but You're all so mature maybe you'll think I'm just lame.....

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:06 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi,

Let me try to put this as kindly as I can: what is the point of making so many posts which are both short and uninformative? That is not intended to belittle you but since you are only fourteen you have time on your side and despite the fact you say you are obsessed, who is to say you will not change your mind in the coming years with increased maturity, wisdom and educational achievements? I notice your written English is pretty good for somebody your age (sorry I hate being ageist) but it may well lead somewhere else. When I was at school they tried assessing us for what careers we would ultimately suit us between the ages of 11 and 15. However, later research found this practice to be a waste of time. When people leave school they undergo a vast range of experiences; some go to University, some go to college while others find jobs. Take for example those who get to University they often find other things they are interested in which are more beneficial to both their intellect and their financial position i.e. if you can get a job as lawyer why waste you time being a flight attendant.

I do not want to hurt your feelings or put you off what you are interested in but I am just saying take your time and more importantly explore things before 'jumping' in. You might not give me much credit for what I have said here but in a few years your aspirations and achievements could be what you never expected. Take your time - you have plenty of it, I am too old for a lot of things I would like to have done.

Plavt.

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 1:24 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi,

Being a FA really not a lifetime job! At most, 4 years? 10 years? what the
point waiting the time to goes by just like tt.. You are still SO young, i
think you should think carefully beside FA, what you can do! FA nice to
say is good money, HIgh class waitress/waiter in the air.. Dun be so
excited being one of them.. Hope you wun end up only wants to be a waiter so easy job! People should look far... :D

No offences guys! :D

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 2:47 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:No problem Karen...Are you sure you're going to take advice from a 14 year old like me???I don't think you will want to take that risk...But at least what I say is true...Blanc himself agreed with me...So you think deeply...If a 14 year old who has nothing better to say but to give a piece of shit kinda advice would you think that I would get a thank you in return???
I hope in the years to come when you mature into an adult you will realise that swearing (at least 3 times) is not tolerated especially on forums like this. If this is how you communicate in writing, heaven knows what your spoken language is like. Ok you are young and I hope in your maturing years and your obvious desire to become a FA, your language will become more acceptable.

Please take this as advise.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks for your advice guys....YesI'm aware of my age and I know what I'm doing right now....So you are saying that when I'm older I will forget about being an FA???

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 3:04 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:are you are saying that when I'm older I will forget about being an FA???
You might, point is you do not know, things happen in our lives which mean we change course, just have to wait and see.

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 3:47 pm

How about I set FA as a goal???A target to achieve in the future??How is that?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 3:54 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:How about I set FA as a goal???A target to achieve in the future??How is that?
Try reading my previous posts and those of others and do some thinking

Plavt.

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 3:54 pm

By the way SAint...For your information my spoken english is perfect..hehe :D :D ...Not bragging or anything....But just wanna share with you.. :D No offence!!! :D :D And about maturing I'm afraid I'll lose interest in being an FA...I hope that it ownt happen..... :D

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 3:57 pm

Plavt wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:How about I set FA as a goal???A target to achieve in the future??How is that?
Try reading my previous posts and those of others and do some thinking

Plavt.

Ok Plavt,thanks yeah.......Errr I read some of your posts and I think that it's best for me to put a hold onto being an FA first.....Anyway thanks for your lovely advice...Wish me best of luck in life yeah....

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:11 pm

SQ-steward-Shazni,

I was surprised to hear about your age. And at a such young age, you have done researches about FA. I think by the time you done with your NS etc, you will be totally prepared. So I wish goodluck.

Why not you write a composition about FA since you are always thinking about it in school. Or if you take Art and Design, why not express your feelings by painting or sketching.

You have 2 or 3 years till you graduate from secondary school and you may discover more talents in yourself as you grow and learn new things. You might not want to be a FA in the future when you have other better talents than serving passengers.

Goodbye.

Matt10
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Matt10 » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:21 pm

Shazni,

Since you will be having your streaming at the end of this year and if you are keen in tourism industry, i suggest you concentrate on your Geography rather than History, so you will be taking Geography for the O levels. And also pass your E or A maths, english or literature and science(any combination).

Get an aggregate of 15 points or better so you can apply for a course in Singapore Polytechnic which is called Tourism annd Resort Management where you will be having a module called Airline Service Management, Cultural Diversity and Sensitivity, foreign language etc. This course prefers students who pass their human geography subject, any other humanities subject students are welcome to apply too.

This is a good course if you want to have a career in the service, travel and tourism industry.

I think in the future, private diplomas will not be recognised by SIA. Hopefully.

Goodbye!