Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
cutiechar

Post by cutiechar » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:12 am

SIA sports club? i went to STC then...hmm.. but generally the depth of pool shldnt be more than 2m? this my guess ah.. :oops:
as for layout, i don think the distance from mock plane to end of pool will be inconsiderably far, so fret not.? but im not sure whats the height from the mock plane to the water...STC is ard 2m only..
gd luck to you! must stay smiley k!

yah SIA sports club stated in the letter..weird rite..I have been to the one at STC..tat pool is abt 3m deep and the height from mock plane to water is abt 2m yah I guess..
thanks!

btw anyone going for swim test on 4th sept?

Charmaine

MARlia V.

Post by MARlia V. » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:43 pm

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
MARlia V. wrote:Hi Guys!!

Would like to share with you my interview experience yesterday! Out of the ten people in my batch, three got through for the interview. I was one of them. :D

Proceeded to the Kebaya Fitting Round but got eliminated eventually when they found discrepencies in my qualification. I only have 4 credit in 'O' Level, you see. Tried negotiating with them that i would be retaking the 2 subjects that i have failed this Nov but it turned unsuccessful. They said it wouldnt be fair to the rest.

Well, i couldnt give you much advice but as far i got through, do smile ALL THE TIME. Speak confidently. Be as natural as you can to bring that personality out of you. All the lucks! :girl:
Hi,I am sorry to hear that you got eliminated during the Kebaya Fitting.

So are you gonna try again?If you are I betcha,you will sail through smoothy.And 1 more thing.Don't your mouth ache from smiling all the time??Even Sensodyne can't beat it.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hey there Shazni,

Of course i will try again!! u betcha! :D But that has got to wait till next year when i get my results. Hur Hur. And Shazni, mouth ache was worth it.
Toodles! :P

shrapnel
Regular
Regular

Post by shrapnel » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:46 pm

i went for the interview on sat at bout 10 plus.i managed to get tru the 1st n 2nd round.but i failed during the one to one interview.the interviewer shoot me a tough question.actually,it's an easy round to go tru as most of the candidateds managed to pass it.i was really unfortunate and felt disappointed bout it.anyway,i'll try again till i succeed one day!!!

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 2:13 pm

I went SIA interview on Saturday morning around 8:15am and i'm the first group of the guys. However, I failed during the group interview. Nevermind, I shall try on next round recruitment..
Anybody know when is their next intake?
Heard probably is on October....?? :???:

Sean_N

Post by Sean_N » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 3:45 pm

Hey! Greenlife! dun know if u remember me, we took the train back together after that great defeat...hahaha So you wanna try again? I'm thinking abt it too, at least by then i wld have completed my NS. btw care to xchange msn? mines [email protected]. maybe we can meet up the next time round yeah?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 3:59 pm

Greenlife wrote:I went SIA interview on Saturday morning around 8:15am and i'm the first group of the guys. However, I failed during the group interview. Nevermind, I shall try on next round recruitment..
Anybody know when is their next intake?
Heard probably is on October....?? :???:
hey greenlife,

care to share what happened? i mean, like what was the question posed and what did you answer? anyways i'm sure you can make it the next time! good lucks ya!
"City of Ang3Ls"

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 4:12 pm

MARlia V. wrote:
sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
MARlia V. wrote:Hi Guys!!

Would like to share with you my interview experience yesterday! Out of the ten people in my batch, three got through for the interview. I was one of them. :D

Proceeded to the Kebaya Fitting Round but got eliminated eventually when they found discrepencies in my qualification. I only have 4 credit in 'O' Level, you see. Tried negotiating with them that i would be retaking the 2 subjects that i have failed this Nov but it turned unsuccessful. They said it wouldnt be fair to the rest.

Well, i couldnt give you much advice but as far i got through, do smile ALL THE TIME. Speak confidently. Be as natural as you can to bring that personality out of you. All the lucks! :girl:
Hi,I am sorry to hear that you got eliminated during the Kebaya Fitting.

So are you gonna try again?If you are I betcha,you will sail through smoothy.And 1 more thing.Don't your mouth ache from smiling all the time??Even Sensodyne can't beat it.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hey there Shazni,

Of course i will try again!! u betcha! :D But that has got to wait till next year when i get my results. Hur Hur. And Shazni, mouth ache was worth it.
Toodles! :P
will it be better if u get a diploma or private dip too?
at least it opens up more routes in ur career path in future.

and its not guaranteed that SIA will open the recruitment to Os candidates again..
who knows their min requirement might be Diploma again?

further upgrade urself k! gd luck! :oops:

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 4:25 pm

Dear Sean_N,

Yeah...of course I remember you. It's great hear from you again. I will email to you my MSN address, we could chat in MSN. Do you on line very often? Btw, I heard SIA next intake is on October...perhaps I should try again. What do you think?

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 4:35 pm

Dear BlancD,

Basically, I din't know what's went wrong. After we entered the room, we were told by two interviewer that we need to intro ourself and make it less than 1 mins. May be I'm too nervous and can't really speak well.
haiz... do you went there on last weekend? Keen to share your experience?

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 7:03 pm

Greenlife wrote:Dear BlancD,

Basically, I din't know what's went wrong. After we entered the room, we were told by two interviewer that we need to intro ourself and make it less than 1 mins. May be I'm too nervous and can't really speak well.
haiz... do you went there on last weekend? Keen to share your experience?
heya,

unfortunately i couldn't attend because I am busy with my studies. Wish I could though! Perhaps some other time I shall try it out! thanks ya!

cheers
"City of Ang3Ls"

blizz1209
Regular
Regular

Post by blizz1209 » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 8:02 pm

Dear all,
Any1 willing to share the management meeting experience? Heard the SIA interviewer saying it'll b 2 interviewers against 1 interviewee? Must b quite stressful 1. Is the passing rate high? Any1 willing 2 advice?

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Blizz

ravens

hi guys

Post by ravens » Tue, 29 Aug 2006 8:45 pm

Hi guys,

if everything is still the same wit the last time round i took it should go as this,

first round - 10 to 1 interview
second round - 1 to 1 interview
third round - Swim test and physcometric test
fourth round - Management Interview
Last round - Medical

all the rounds are about 50% elimination rate. my advice smile all the way and be yourself. no point pretending, as the entire process is pretty tiresome and stressful, u def will let off your guard if u r puttin an act.

So try to smile more from now to the next interview and train up. haha

As for whether to quit your day job first, my advice is NO. anything can happen before you sign on the dotted line. As mentioned, some ppl do fail medical as well too, so dont take the rest till the day, SIA called you up to sign bond and inform u the training date.

all the best whom gonna try again. dont give up!!!

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Wed, 30 Aug 2006 1:59 pm

Wow. I guess the rumours were right, October's the next intake. Lol. 5th and possibly last recruitment, for the year at least. So they'll either be a wee bit more flexible to get more people in, or be really, really stringent if they're just looking for a few more to fill the any remaining shortage.

Scary.

grivoise
Regular
Regular

*winks*

Post by grivoise » Wed, 30 Aug 2006 2:07 pm

Hmmm...

At SQ, they didn't seem to have time to go through your application forms before the group interview. So I assume they want to see your potential first before they delve deeper, Do they keep records of how many times you've tried? It would be strange if they were to ask if you've tried for SQ prior to the current interview...

grivoise
Regular
Regular

Righto...

Post by grivoise » Wed, 30 Aug 2006 2:16 pm

I think I've posted this before for clarification, but everyone was kept giving only 5 rounds out of the 7.

So here goes,

First day:
Group Interview
1-to-1
Kebaya tryout (+ skin check)

Second day:
Swimming (+ skin check)
Psychometric test

Third day:
Management interview
Tea Party

After those 3 days comes the Medical check and other necessary procedures.

All in the above order, yes?

^_^