Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sabrinangky

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by sabrinangky » Thu, 23 May 2019 1:50 pm

Good day, anyone attended SIA interview on 11th May 2019 in KL? Has anyone got the golden call or sms?
I did the medical checkup on 13th May, heard it takes at least 2 weeks for SQ to get back to us.. The wait is killing me :(

jiayi9548

Post by jiayi9548 » Thu, 23 May 2019 4:46 pm

sabrinangky wrote:Good day, anyone attended SIA interview on 11th May 2019 in KL? Has anyone got the golden call or sms?
I did the medical checkup on 13th May, heard it takes at least 2 weeks for SQ to get back to us.. The wait is killing me :(
Me!! I did my medical on 13th May at KL too. Maybe we met there haha. I havent received my call/email too. The wait really feels like forever but I am so happy someone is feeling the same hahaha. Let’s inform each other when we receive call/email. I heard it would be within a month. :)

sabrinangky

Post by sabrinangky » Thu, 23 May 2019 5:22 pm

jiayi9548 wrote:
sabrinangky wrote:Good day, anyone attended SIA interview on 11th May 2019 in KL? Has anyone got the golden call or sms?
Me!! I did my medical on 13th May at KL too. Maybe we met there haha. I havent received my call/email too. The wait really feels like forever but I am so happy someone is feeling the same hahaha. Let’s inform each other when we receive call/email. I heard it would be within a month. :)
Hey!! Maybe we met on 11 may also haha
Cant drop you a pm :( Perhaps we can talk more thru whatsapp or facebook :D

jiayi9548

Post by jiayi9548 » Thu, 23 May 2019 7:15 pm

sabrinangky wrote:
jiayi9548 wrote:
Hey!! Maybe we met on 11 may also haha
Cant drop you a pm :( Perhaps we can talk more thru whatsapp or facebook :D
Dm-ed you. :D

siannnn

Post by siannnn » Fri, 24 May 2019 10:01 am

Hi guys! just trying my luck here because i don’t know who to reach out to...i went for the SIA interview back in 9 March 2019 (in Singapore) and they’ve put me in the KIV list because i was underweight, gave me 4 months and told me they will keep in contact and call me back. I know that 4 months would be 9 July 2019 but I have a few friends that were called back within 2 months and got in. Just want to check if they really will call you back for review? or will they just forget u?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiayi9548

Post by jiayi9548 » Fri, 24 May 2019 10:17 am

siannnn wrote:Hi guys! just trying my luck here because i don’t know who to reach out to...i went for the SIA interview back in 9 March 2019 (in Singapore) and they’ve put me in the KIV list because i was underweight, gave me 4 months and told me they will keep in contact and call me back. I know that 4 months would be 9 July 2019 but I have a few friends that were called back within 2 months and got in. Just want to check if they really will call you back for review? or will they just forget u?Image

My interview was in Malaysia and I was put in KIV too. But I told them I can be ready by the following interview in KL and they did send me an invitation email for review within a month. Don't worry so much. So far I have never heard SIA missed out their applicants before. If you are ready already maybe you can email them to tell them. In my opinion they are very efficient. :D

maidenblush

Post by maidenblush » Fri, 24 May 2019 6:10 pm

siannnn wrote:Hi guys! just trying my luck here because i don’t know who to reach out to...i went for the SIA interview back in 9 March 2019 (in Singapore) and they’ve put me in the KIV list because i was underweight, gave me 4 months and told me they will keep in contact and call me back. I know that 4 months would be 9 July 2019 but I have a few friends that were called back within 2 months and got in. Just want to check if they really will call you back for review? or will they just forget u?Image

Sent you a dm! ^^

siannnn

Post by siannnn » Fri, 24 May 2019 8:33 pm

maidenblush wrote:

Sent you a dm! ^^
saw ur dm!! replied x

siannnn

Post by siannnn » Fri, 24 May 2019 8:33 pm

maidenblush wrote:

Sent you a dm! ^^
saw ur dm!! replied x

JohnnySM97

Post by JohnnySM97 » Sun, 26 May 2019 8:43 pm

Hello there ! I was wondering what should i expect from the 1st interview ?
Anything i should take note of or be aware?
Also what attire should i wear ? (PS im a guy) I was thinking of wearing a light blue(like the sq uniform) but i don't wanna be seen as a try-hard by the interviewers too ? :???: :???:

really confused, also how is the waiting and process like after you register ?
Any first timers here too ? ](*,) ](*,)

siannnn

Post by siannnn » Sun, 26 May 2019 9:26 pm

JohnnySM97 wrote:Hello there ! I was wondering what should i expect from the 1st interview ?
Also what attire should i wear ? (PS im a guy) I was thinking of wearing a light blue(like the sq uniform) but i don't wanna be seen as a try-hard by the interviewers too ? :???: :???:

hi there!! not sure of the attire part for guys, but back during my interview most just wore formal, no blazers tho!! a few ties but thats it.

if the procedure & process was the same as mine, it’ll look sth like this:
- before ur interview u should b given a date and timeslot for ur interview
- on the interview day, print out ur application form thingy and the email, dress smart and one thing to point out would be NOT TO ARRIVE TOO EARLY. omg so my slot was 10am, reached at 9 with my friend (hers was @ 9) and they didnt allow me to enter, say only allow us to enter 15 mins before...so poor me was waiting in the hot sun (with heels mind u) and walking around for 45mins before entering - and after entering i was talking to the other interviewees and wtf the guards didnt even let me know that there were seats in the building oppImage
- once u enter, submit the docs u printed and take off shoes for height measurement and the reach and point test (masking tape on the wall)
- once u pass the first preliminary(?) round, u’ll be ushered into this room with the rest in ur timeslot, then depending on what time u reached u’ll have some time to mingle around with the others, if ure lucky (or unlukcy), some would end up being in the same group as u. after awhile they’ll come in and call out the names of the groups they arranged beforehand, then yall gotta stand in line like back in pri school and leave for the first round of interviews
- the rest should be the same as what everyone else have been saying here on this forum (and im sure u’ve read up as well) but its 1. 10 vs 2 fire round, 2. debate round, 3. 1 vs 2 management round, 4. kebaya fitting

hope this helps, all the best for ur upcoming interview!:)

JohnnySM97

Post by JohnnySM97 » Tue, 28 May 2019 12:04 am

siannnn wrote:
JohnnySM97 wrote:Hello there ! I was wondering what should i expect from the 1st interview ?

hi there!! not sure of the attire part for guys, but back during my interview most just wore formal, no blazers tho!! a few ties but thats it.

if the procedure & process was the same as mine, it’ll look sth like this:
- before ur interview u should b given a date and timeslot for ur interview
- on the interview day, print out ur application form thingy and the email, dress smart and one thing to point out would be NOT TO ARRIVE TOO EARLY. omg so my slot was 10am, reached at 9 with my friend (hers was @ 9) and they didnt allow me to enter, say only allow us to enter 15 mins before...so poor me was waiting in the hot sun (with heels mind u) and walking around for 45mins before entering - and after entering i was talking to the other interviewees and wtf the guards didnt even let me know that there were seats in the building oppImage
- once u enter, submit the docs u printed and take off shoes for height measurement and the reach and point test (masking tape on the wall)
- once u pass the first preliminary(?) round, u’ll be ushered into this room with the rest in ur timeslot, then depending on what time u reached u’ll have some time to mingle around with the others, if ure lucky (or unlukcy), some would end up being in the same group as u. after awhile they’ll come in and call out the names of the groups they arranged beforehand, then yall gotta stand in line like back in pri school and leave for the first round of interviews
- the rest should be the same as what everyone else have been saying here on this forum (and im sure u’ve read up as well) but its 1. 10 vs 2 fire round, 2. debate round, 3. 1 vs 2 management round, 4. kebaya fitting

hope this helps, all the best for ur upcoming interview!:)
appreciate the tips ! thanks alot ! :D hope you get your call soon !!

tinyfelts

Post by tinyfelts » Wed, 29 May 2019 7:27 pm

hi!! any one starting training on the 26th of june? what batch number is this?

choowei0206

Post by choowei0206 » Fri, 07 Jun 2019 7:35 am

Hi My interview is on 8th June tmr 1.30pm.
Anyone going for the same session?

Fattyspaceman

Post by Fattyspaceman » Fri, 07 Jun 2019 10:42 pm

choowei0206 wrote:Hi My interview is on 8th June tmr 1.30pm.
Anyone going for the same session?
I have dropped you a pm!