Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
niennaanarion
Regular
Regular

Post by niennaanarion » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:53 pm

blancD wrote:
niennaanarion wrote:been reading the 300 pages all nite, havent finished yet. so far from what ive read they take around 30-40 guys, nothing about girls. im not asking for the exact number =) just the estimate number hehe is it double then the guys?100???heheheh please?
there is no quota, and if 3 out of 10 girls fit their requirements i'm sure 3 out of the 10 will end up in the final round. as for your question, there is really no quota, just that the girls go through more interview rounds than the guys.
alright, thanksss for the info..

so sorry for marvia, just get your certificate and try again, it was only qualification problem =) cheer up..
A dream is real only when you try to reach it. Eventho you fail in the process, its a start and you'll get better everytime. I Believe that.

A Dreamer

Felma Panjaitan

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:56 pm

anybody have any idea when could be SIA's next recruitment?

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:59 pm

koko77 wrote:steward,

mgmt is less daunting than the group interview. Cos' by then, you should have known what to say, what to wear and the DON'T. As long as preparation is done well. The mgmt interview would be like a cliche. But pay attention to ur body language, and NEUTRAL expression. It's important.
Is there a high passing rate of people getting through the mngmt round?
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:34 am

Amber wrote:Hi i would like to know how do you girls curb your nervousness during your lst interview? Though everytime i manage to finish saying what i have in mind..but its hard for me to say it with a smile cos everytime i do that..my mouth end up shivering and i become very unnatural...guess thats y 2nd attempt i still can't get pass the lst stage....
I also realize the interviewers always look disinterested when i'm talking or either that they r not even lookin at me....how do you catch their attention....?? feeling demoralized...
erm.. no one can exactly tell u wad is the actual way u should act so as to grab their attention..

however in my opinion, i feel a sincere smile, greeting politely(everyone), speaking clearly in full sentences, no mumbling or "erm"... and eye contact not only with interviewers but the other interviewees too, are very impt.

don be demoralised k? ...they are more stringent this time rd...

hence it might not be ure bad...just that among all the good ones, they can only choose the best of the best..

next, i truly feel that one have different impact on different interviewers..all depends on luck in a way?...
Interviewer A might not prefer you this rd...but Interviewer B might like the way u presented during ur next interview.?...

so keep trying! if u meet the min requirements. =)

HOWEVER, "toygirl" mentioned in another thread that an interviewer once said that if u have tried 13th or 14th time...it shld be obvious that ure not apt to be an FA....
so seek for other jobs which might better suits ur ability..

gd luck all who got through!!

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: Water Confidence Test

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:54 am

blizz1209 wrote:Dear all,

Is any1 scheduled to attend the water confidence test on 29/30 August? From the previous threads,i have noticed there'll be skin checks and psychometric test. Is this round with high passing rate? Will we be informed if we are selected for the next round straight after the session? Usually how soon will be the next round, ie: management?

I went 4 the walk-in on the 1st day. It's really scary 2 see that SIA eliminates people like nobody's business, they r so strict. Am feeling so worried and stress. Sigh...

Any1 is willing 2 share some experiences or on the same boat with me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Blizz
I noticed that the Lancome Beautician was on the 1st day of interview at the Kebaya stage...
so im not sure if the same lady will be present during the skin check conducted during your swim rd,
all i can say is...be it whether is it she or some other beautician,
ur skin will be assessed again(u will jump off from a mock plane(2m) and swim across and proceed to a well lit room..)

thereafter for those who passed the swim rd(results be out after ur quick shower), will proceed to take your psychometric test on the same day.

with regards to whether the passing rate is high or low? it really depends,
i knew of intakes where very little girls are eliminated.....but the recent july intake, most swim rds they eliminate abt 50%...
so be prepared and don be shocked with how they select...

during my rds.....the prettiest, gd posture, porcelain smooth face, tall, elegant ladies can be out too...whereas i had acne and a little puffy eyes on that day....i manage to pulll thru...hmm...its jus weird...

and the mgmt interview is usually arranged within a week's time? on a week day...
my swim rd was on monday.....and the mgmt interviews were on the same week(tuesday,wednesday and friday)

Basically everyone will be divided, split according to how soon u can begin training? lets say...ure unemployed, ur mgmt interview will be sooner den those who required 1-3 mths notice to resign from their current job....
in other words, they will give the earlier slots of mgmt rd to those who are unemployed as they can start their training immediately.... get it?

gd luck!

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:57 am

koko77 wrote:steward,

mgmt is less daunting than the group interview. Cos' by then, you should have known what to say, what to wear and the DON'T. As long as preparation is done well. The mgmt interview would be like a cliche. But pay attention to ur body language, and NEUTRAL expression. It's important.
but i still find it very scary..haha
cos its like...uve gotten so far and its almost the last stage....and wad if u fail?

its like the most crucial stage other than tea party where everything will be finalised..
so yeah...like wad koko77 said...pay attention to ur disposition that day...u might jus get booted out cos of that? who knows? :P

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 1:08 am

crewbe wrote:
reef wrote:
crewbe wrote:wao, juz interview yesterday and today only so fast schduled for water test liao?

anyway do they test you after 6pm? coz is like if you are working at the same time you cant be attending their interview round every now and then rite? do they fail you during the 4mth traning?

Hi crewbe,

The swimming confidence test are only held during office hours and on weekdays only. You will definately have to take leave for that day.

Also bear in mind, should you pass your swimming confidence test, your mgt interview test will fall on a weekday too...so make sure u have 2 days leave to cover you.
thanks reef... coz i just got my new job and not suppose to get any leaves within 3mths. i actually wanna go today but still quite no confidence in my figure 164cm/56kg. thinking of sheding some weight off first before sia nx recruitment. anyway do you get paid during the 4 mths of training? coz i heard the training is like 8 to 5 everyday and it is quite impossible to keep other jobs when you are undergoing their traning. and do they just kick you out when you fail one of the training? or they extend your traning? i really cant imagine if you quit your job then they fail your training... you have to start hunting for other jobs again. but i think thats just the risk that you have to take being an air crew. sighz.

last question~~ when they say diploma in local poly do they still judge ur o's result ? coz for my o's level i only have 4 credits (including eng n chinese). but my eng only c6~~ haiz

haha... thanks for reading at all my naggings~~
crewbe wrote: coz i heard the training is like 8 to 5 everyday and it is quite impossible to keep other jobs when you are undergoing their traning.

erm.....ur questions seems weird...
i mean...if ure selected by SIA and ure gonna be in ur training..
i dont think u should be occupying urself with another job right?

in the contract SIA stated that u will be dismissed with their conditions during ur bond, should u have done some grave mistake probably?
but lets say if u fail ur tests, u can retake again..but of cos try not to fail again la...usually everyone will be able to pass the training...

and erm...164cm? 56kg? u shldnt be looking overweight to me! its not all abt looks durin the interview...

lastly..if uve got a diploma...jus show ur dip.....no need to show ur Os....

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 1:09 am

cardinail wrote:anybody have any idea when could be SIA's next recruitment?
one of the interviewers mentioned that it will be in OCT!! hopefully bah! for those hopefuls! :P

cardinail

Post by cardinail » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 1:49 am

thanx ntyi, u have been extremely helpful! :)

crewbe

Post by crewbe » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 1:51 am

ntyj wrote:
crewbe wrote:
reef wrote:
Hi crewbe,

The swimming confidence test are only held during office hours and on weekdays only. You will definately have to take leave for that day.

Also bear in mind, should you pass your swimming confidence test, your mgt interview test will fall on a weekday too...so make sure u have 2 days leave to cover you.
thanks reef... coz i just got my new job and not suppose to get any leaves within 3mths. i actually wanna go today but still quite no confidence in my figure 164cm/56kg. thinking of sheding some weight off first before sia nx recruitment. anyway do you get paid during the 4 mths of training? coz i heard the training is like 8 to 5 everyday and it is quite impossible to keep other jobs when you are undergoing their traning. and do they just kick you out when you fail one of the training? or they extend your traning? i really cant imagine if you quit your job then they fail your training... you have to start hunting for other jobs again. but i think thats just the risk that you have to take being an air crew. sighz.

last question~~ when they say diploma in local poly do they still judge ur o's result ? coz for my o's level i only have 4 credits (including eng n chinese). but my eng only c6~~ haiz

haha... thanks for reading at all my naggings~~
crewbe wrote: coz i heard the training is like 8 to 5 everyday and it is quite impossible to keep other jobs when you are undergoing their traning.

erm.....ur questions seems weird...
i mean...if ure selected by SIA and ure gonna be in ur training..
i dont think u should be occupying urself with another job right?

in the contract SIA stated that u will be dismissed with their conditions during ur bond, should u have done some grave mistake probably?
but lets say if u fail ur tests, u can retake again..but of cos try not to fail again la...usually everyone will be able to pass the training...

and erm...164cm? 56kg? u shldnt be looking overweight to me! its not all abt looks durin the interview...

lastly..if uve got a diploma...jus show ur dip.....no need to show ur Os....
thanks for answering ntyj, maybe i didnt express myself clearly with my lousy english.
coz i am juz a fresh grad living on my own... and no savings yet.. sobz... if 4 mths of full day training with no pay i will be dead by then, haha...
i am not really overweight but with a big tummy~~~ ><
think i should do more sit up before octs comes~~~

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 2:03 am

crewbe wrote:thanks for answering ntyj, maybe i didnt express myself clearly with my lousy english.
coz i am juz a fresh grad living on my own... and no savings yet.. sobz... if 4 mths of full day training with no pay i will be dead by then, haha...
hehe. sorry for not being understanding as well.
..anyway there is pay during the training....ard 1.2k or 1.3k only (includes cpf)
but when u start to fly...abt 3.5k or even more bah? bad months maybe lesser...

tummy? hmm..don think they will look at ur tummy bah...look healthy with bright smile will be good enough!! :D

crewbe

Post by crewbe » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 2:21 am

ntyj wrote:
crewbe wrote:thanks for answering ntyj, maybe i didnt express myself clearly with my lousy english.
..anyway there is pay during the training....ard 1.2k or 1.3k only (includes cpf)

tummy? hmm..don think they will look at ur tummy bah...look healthy with bright smile will be good enough!! :D
haha, i tot the kebaya is tight fitting? lolz~~ then definitefly will be able to seemy big ugly tummy... thanks~~ really appreciate your help~~ now i have roughly 2 mths to prepare myself~~

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 3:01 am

crewbe wrote:
ntyj wrote:

haha, i tot the kebaya is tight fitting? lolz~~ then definitefly will be able to seemy big ugly tummy... thanks~~ really appreciate your help~~ now i have roughly 2 mths to prepare myself~~
erm yeah tight fit..but during my time..i couldnt find any one that suits me...so she jus ask me to put on any. ended up i wore one that is much bigger.. but she pass me too! :???:
anyway the most she willl jus ask you to lose weight alittle..
unless ure soo damn fat....den probably she will fail u tht round?
but if ure really soooo on the heavier side...u probably cant pass 1st rd at all..
**sori, im not pinpointing at those who on the more plump side, jus stressing a fact which the contract stated; which is to maintain an ideal weight with proportion to our height. :-|

blancD
Chatter
Chatter

Post by blancD » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 9:37 am

ntyj wrote:

yeah jie jie :P its stated in the website and advertisement that you would be paid during yr training :P
"City of Ang3Ls"

desijoey
Chatter
Chatter

Post by desijoey » Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:01 am

Hi ntyj!!

The next intake will be in Oct??Woah dats really fast!But it seems like since they are so strict for the interviews dis time round,I'm betting they shd be somewhat alike in Oct too?Darn...I still can't get over the fact dat I couldn't proceed to the kebaya fitting coz I'm juz 1 miserable cm short of their min height...*sighx*