Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
moon1207

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by moon1207 » Sun, 28 Oct 2018 12:50 am

softvanil wrote:
moon1207 wrote:Hi all, can anyone who have gone through the SIA medical give me some advice pls..

Went for interview today and will be going medical on 29 october, females on period should we reschedule the medical? Due to urine test/ blood test...
Hey! Were you one of those that came for review? :)
Yesss (:
Are you going for medical too?

softvanil

Post by softvanil » Sun, 28 Oct 2018 1:44 am

moon1207 wrote:
softvanil wrote:
moon1207 wrote:Hi all, can anyone who have gone through the SIA medical give me some advice pls..

Went for interview today and will be going medical on 29 october, females on period should we reschedule the medical? Due to urine test/ blood test...
Hey! Were you one of those that came for review? :)
Yesss (:
Are you going for medical too?
PM-ed you :)

adamsimpson

Post by adamsimpson » Mon, 29 Oct 2018 2:50 pm

I went for the interview on 11th of august, passed my medical checkup on 31st of august. submmited my documents to MOM on 2nd of September, and I'm still waiting for my golden call or text... Anyone here same interview date as mine and still waiting for the call?

klbl

Post by klbl » Mon, 29 Oct 2018 6:49 pm

Hi All, just done my medical on 22.10.2018. My blood pressure was 140/80 even for second reading. Asked the doc whether it was ok but she didnt answer. Do I still stand a chance for the job :(

Mingmingy

Post by Mingmingy » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 1:30 am

chillnutz wrote:
Mingmingy wrote:
Melanielee9115 wrote:
Omg. Thats two months :’( !!!!! I just submitted 8/10 so thats gonna be even long!!!!!
I submitted mine on 8/10 too! Oh my...pls contact us asap cant wait any longer!!
I know right. but we can't do anything haha
My friend went to interview and submitted doc same date as mine..she got an email asking her to start training 15th Nov aldy! Im still waiting :cry: whyyyyy

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 1:55 am

I read that on the contract, we have to have roaming for our handphones for sia to contact us at all times. Anybody can give advice and recommendation for plans?

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:58 am

Mingmingy wrote:
chillnutz wrote:
Mingmingy wrote: I submitted mine on 8/10 too! Oh my...pls contact us asap cant wait any longer!!
I know right. but we can't do anything haha
My friend went to interview and submitted doc same date as mine..she got an email asking her to start training 15th Nov aldy! Im still waiting :cry: whyyyyy
What's your availability date and your friend one? well your friend was fast . submitted on 8/10 and get already. Wow.

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 10:59 am

izakaya.benten wrote:I read that on the contract, we have to have roaming for our handphones for sia to contact us at all times. Anybody can give advice and recommendation for plans?
Probably can ask some seniors over there hahaha

ShawnSsi

Post by ShawnSsi » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 3:57 pm

Greetings! Just wondering if anyone else went for the interview on the 13th Oct and cleared medical, starting training 30th November? :)

Syaf_x

Post by Syaf_x » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 7:10 pm

ShawnSsi wrote:Greetings! Just wondering if anyone else went for the interview on the 13th Oct and cleared medical, starting training 30th November? :)

Hi! May i know what did you state for your period of availability? I went for cleared the interview on 13th oct too and medical on 16th but have yet to receive any calls or emails from them.

Syaf_x

Post by Syaf_x » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 7:11 pm

Syaf_x wrote:
ShawnSsi wrote:Greetings! Just wondering if anyone else went for the interview on the 13th Oct and cleared medical, starting training 30th November? :)

Hi! May i know what did you state for your period of availability? I went for the interview on 13th oct too and medical on 16th but have yet to receive any calls or emails from them.

ShawnSsi

Post by ShawnSsi » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 7:30 pm

Syaf_x wrote:

Hi! May i know what did you state for your period of availability? I went for cleared the interview on 13th oct too and medical on 16th but have yet to receive any calls or emails from them.
I stated my availability as immediate with one week’s notice, I received a text only this afternoon to call Mary, perhaps you will be receiving a text message soon :) Cheers!

Syaf_x

Post by Syaf_x » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 7:36 pm

ShawnSsi wrote:
Syaf_x wrote:

I stated my availability as immediate with one week’s notice, I received a text only this afternoon to call Mary, perhaps you will be receiving a text message soon :) Cheers!

Oooh! Congratulation Shawn!! and all the best for the upcoming training!! :D

ShawnSsi

Post by ShawnSsi » Tue, 30 Oct 2018 8:35 pm

Syaf_x wrote:
ShawnSsi wrote:
Syaf_x wrote:

Oooh! Congratulation Shawn!! and all the best for the upcoming training!! :D
Haha thank you! Hope to see you in STC :)

Aprillq

Post by Aprillq » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 10:29 am

Hi, may I know the reason SIA is having recruitment so frequently? Is it because the turnover rate is high or those who are recruited can't be guaranteed a job, i.e. they might be failed/kicked-out during training?