Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
RIAN RIAN

Re: Male Cabin Crew

Post by RIAN RIAN » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:50 pm

stonekool wrote:Hi Rian Rian,
hey dun despair about the Emirates one. Its their loss. Well, just off the record, people like us with the passion will definitely get in because of our perseverance and passion for the job.

Anyways, what I know from internal gossips is that SQ is indeed looking for guys as they are really short of GS (Galley Stewards). The guys inside are already maxed in their flight rosters and are mostly doing the long haul flights. Getting about 5K each mth.

Dun worry mate, next interview should be up soon. Especially if they need more crew with the new A380 though its delivery is delayed till 2007. As for me, my dreams ae kind of hampered now as my missus does not want me to fly. Sigh....... But I think I will try the next oe that comes up. All we can do is to keep waiting. Cheers, Stonekool

Wow.. your speech gives me huge motivation. Really! Thank you! Anyway, where did you get the "internal gossip about SQ is indeed looking for guys as they are really short of GS"? Do you know any peeps in SQ or something? Cause if you do know some inside info whether SQ requires male cabin crews in future, please do inform me at [email protected] ya.

Thank you for your encouragement again. hopefully the forthcoming interview will arrive soon. But why some previous entries stated that there'll be no more interviews this year?

RIAN RIAN

Takeshi

Steward

Post by Takeshi » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:22 am

Guess wat.... i just received my long awaited reply from SIA... Finally.. my turn. hehe.. I'm a malaysian... well.well...

purple1986

Post by purple1986 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:52 am

LynneLai wrote:Hi all Good Morning! Sorry for the late reply from me, am just back in Singapore last night... :P

Erm... the culture in SIA as u asked... I should say that, there is no particular culture within the Stewardess and Steward in SIA.... It's actually more on how u present yourself to the others and how sociable you are to make friends, how helpful you are to help, how willing are you to learn, how hardworking are you to work, and your attitute to work in a team...and with your buddy.... Whether you survive or not in this kind of environment, erm... I feel that, partly it's luck, as in which senior you are attached to follow and learn from, which buddy and team you are assigned to fly with, and partly, is whether you have the right attitude annot... that's what i feel after 6 months in SIA... :)

And btw, I am a Diploma student, I do not have a degree. But intending to study part-time maybe after another 6 months in SIA, after I am used to my flying schedule.

But one thing I have to add is.... I make many good fun and nice friends in SIA, during training and when flying.... And it's really fun to travel to so many places and to serve people, because i feel that the passengers really looked upon you as the Singapore Girl to serve them.... Maybe I havent met with the bad things in my job yet... But I have to say, I love my job...and though its not for a lifetime, its a good experience in my life... and in future when I stop flying, this symbol "ex-SQ Girl" will still follow me to the end of my life! Hee..... Yes, I am kind of interested in the "Glam" thing, but who doesnt out there, right Girls....

Go for it! And wish you all the Best of Luck!

It's fun in SIA.... Singapore Airlines!

Singapore Girls, you're a Great Way to Fly!
Lynne, can u add me in msn at [email protected] as well cos my head is just full of uncertainties and queries?
Thankz Lotsa

silvr

Re: Any Guys Out There Aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as we

Post by silvr » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:10 am

RIAN RIAN wrote:
stonekool wrote:Hey all,
was wondering if there were any guys like me aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as well.
By the way, any guys out there as well? And could you offer some useful advice for the interviews.

Thanks a Million.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Hey Stonekool,

i am one of the guys who really aspiring to be a cabin crew but there isn't any chance for now since most of the time airlines need only stewardess wannabes. Remember that time emirates post their ads? I was so disappointed they need only ladies. As for SIA, there isn't any new job postings... So we GUYS just have to wait and wait and wait...
hey! what do you meant by 'stewardess wannabes' ? aren't you yourself a steward wannabe too? dun be mean! :evil:

justme

Post by justme » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:57 am

Anonymous wrote:
justme wrote:
Bubblegum wrote: Hi justme,

wow congrats! excited abt ur taining? :)
Btw, how is the pay like? and the bond amount?
hi bubblegum,

thanks.. yeah am really excited!

basic pay during trg is $1,390 per mth. bond amt is $13,200. :(
Omg.. u r a U grad and yur basic pay is so low..? izzit after cpf or b4? Do dey give the basic pay according to education level?
that's just the way it is.. most of the money comes from allowances... i think girls who are poly grads get the minimum $1200. i have $190 more because of the degree ($90 more) and NS ($100 more) i think... anyway in the air, whether you have degree or not doesn't matter la.

this is b4 cpf btw.

justme

Post by justme » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:00 am

RIAN RIAN wrote:
was wondering if there were any guys like me aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as well.
By the way, any guys out there as well? And could you offer some useful advice for the interviews.

Thanks a Million.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Hey Stonekool,

i am one of the guys who really aspiring to be a cabin crew but there isn't any chance for now since most of the time airlines need only stewardess wannabes. Remember that time emirates post their ads? I was so disappointed they need only ladies. As for SIA, there isn't any new job postings... So we GUYS just have to wait and wait and wait...
there were 2 local recruitment for guys recently, one was in may and the other in july... might be a while before the next recruitment because of the current backlog of new trainees. but yeah its true lots more guys are needed. so just hang in there, should be soon.

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:52 pm

justme wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
justme wrote: hi bubblegum,

thanks.. yeah am really excited!

basic pay during trg is $1,390 per mth. bond amt is $13,200. :(
Omg.. u r a U grad and yur basic pay is so low..? izzit after cpf or b4? Do dey give the basic pay according to education level?
that's just the way it is.. most of the money comes from allowances... i think girls who are poly grads get the minimum $1200. i have $190 more because of the degree ($90 more) and NS ($100 more) i think... anyway in the air, whether you have degree or not doesn't matter la.

this is b4 cpf btw.
Oic... Will u get cpf contribution from allowances? coz i noe most company will do that...

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:58 pm

i mean wun do that.....

guest00

Post by guest00 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:58 pm

RIAN RIAN wrote:

Thanks a Million.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Hey Stonekool,

Hey RIAN,
During the recent emirates interview, there were guys there too. And amazingly, 2 got in into the 2nd round consisting 54 ppl. And since it was a minority, the 2 got into the next round of 8 and lastly they both got in.
Thats for you info.

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:08 pm

waiting for SIA to open because I got into Silkair final round but wld wanna try out SIA though.
dilemma.

:???:

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:10 pm

Congrats Guest!

Why not just complete the whole interview and decide after you get the job...

All The Best!

Guest0000

Post by Guest0000 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:waiting for SIA to open because I got into Silkair final round but wld want to try out SIA though.
dilemma.

Hey, just wondering when did u received the mail from Silkair?Thanks!

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:12 pm

Guest0000 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:waiting for SIA to open because I got into Silkair final round but wld want to try out SIA though.
dilemma.

Hey, just wondering when did u received the mail from Silkair?Thanks!
they sent it out yday but i actually called them up to chk coz i need to know jus in case i need to apply for leave.
and they told me i was in.
but i dunno if i shd go
:shock:

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:27 pm

Go for it... imagine if u gave this up and try for SQ but dun get it (touch wood but this is reality..) u will probably kill yurself for giving it up...

try for the final round.... and when u try, TRY YUR BEST!

Bubblegum

Post by Bubblegum » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:Go for it... imagine if u gave this up and try for SQ but dun get it (touch wood but this is reality..) u will probably kill yurself for giving it up...

try for the final round.... and when u try, TRY YUR BEST!
Hmm..i thnk wat shes worried is, IF she gets into Silkair and sign the bond..wat if theres an SQ interview in the next few mths? She wun be able to back out of the bond...