Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:42 am

starrynitezz wrote:
ben-yng wrote: if..i guess..if ur teeth is isnt that xxx.. they will still considering ur level of "confident", and the way you present urself.. these are always the main thing they are looking for.. (correct me if i were wrong and forgive me if m out of the point)..

gd luck and all the best.
well, her stares did get me worried n thus my confidence level went down... hee... i admit la.. :P
bliv on urself..show them ur "pretty gurl confident"..(some kind of confident that a pretty gurls have, i called it "pretty gurl confident"~~

waiting for ur gd news next week ya..all of u..xanngac..and others..gambateh neh..

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:58 am

missy_ee wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
ben-yng wrote:

latest update..a list for those going to try again for their dreams.. 2 more members~~

me, xannga, Salvana, Alethetan, yingying2888, snowss, missy_ee, gladys_lopez, shellen, Acorna, starrynitezz, rainschocolate, sqhopeful, iwannefly...

woo..what a big burden for me updating this list~~

gambateh nie.

sistas & brothas, forgive me if i were not able to update this list accordingly..

xannga, missy_ee, starrynitezz, rainschocolate.. looking forward to remove ur name from the list of Titanic passengers on 1st Jan 08... gd luck to u..
Ben-Yng, wrong lah...i am still on the titanic list, i haven even send in the application form coz i am goin for a christmas trip and will be back on the 28th. So, i thought it's better to send after i am back or send during my trip when i am coming back.
wow..u r going to have a wonderful Xmas hor..Merry Xmas.. where are you going? Xmas at UK or? Santa Santa Claus's hometown??

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:01 am

[quote="missy_ee"][quote="ben-yng"]yeah..i agree..

“If you can’t even handle these interviewers den what makes you think that you can handle those nasty passengers on board?”

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:08 am

salvana wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
salvana wrote: wahahha... dun cry... i'm not giving up yet.... :D
i juz think dat there's no point for me to keep trying when they simply put my name in the 'not eligible' list coz i dun fulfill their requirement....

Gheez...i can't wait to graduate sooonnnnn..... argghhhh....

honestly, i'm very happy to find myself end up here wif u all sistas & brothas.... every1 is very very helpful....
we have lotsa fun,advices, updates, etc....
let's keep this boat float and row all the way to our dream.... :D

if eva any SIA employee know abt this forum...i hope they can truly learn that there're so many of us here who are so sincere abt getting this job.... :)
hey salvana, can i ask where u studying? i wont be gradutating in dec 06 but feb 08 so its very disappointing for me about the write in application too.. :-|
hey yingying2888,

am studying @ RMIT Uni rite now....
yeah...am oso disappointed... -__-~
but let's hope for any opening dat welcome ppl who'll b graduating by mid of 2008.... then we'll b eligible....
i see.. but rainschocolate got a cal when she wrote feb 2008 in the form? keeping my fingers crossed..

missy_ee

Post by missy_ee » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:27 am

salvana wrote:
missy_ee wrote:
salvana wrote:ben-yng,

but dun leave this forum even 1 day oo.. we are part of this big family too (haha shy shy..punch me if you want).. ---> no worry...i wun leave this forum....and am sure there're many of us wun leave this forum...this is where we belong....
we are all here to support and help each otha, juz like venie....

it is indeed a BIG family.

wahahha.... wun punch u lah... in fact, always like ur jokes and ideas...wahahha... :D
hahaaha...All the people in this forum cheers me up actually, and i really wanna thanks you gals and boys... :D You all pull me up when i fall...*Muacks*

salvana, dun give up okay, i cheer for you...JIA you Jia You...
hey missy_ee,

yupe....i wun give up... juz dat i dun have the patient to wait till i graduate... wahhaha..... :)
btw, will u follow the 2mths ban rule?
or u'll simply apply for every opening from SIA?
i dun tink i will obey the 2 mths ban, coz tat time i initial to ask the lady because she did not tell me in the 1st place, so i tink i juz ask she din tell me abt it...

missy_ee

Post by missy_ee » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:29 am

ben-yng wrote:
missy_ee wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
sistas & brothas, forgive me if i were not able to update this list accordingly..

xannga, missy_ee, starrynitezz, rainschocolate.. looking forward to remove ur name from the list of Titanic passengers on 1st Jan 08... gd luck to u..
Ben-Yng, wrong lah...i am still on the titanic list, i haven even send in the application form coz i am goin for a christmas trip and will be back on the 28th. So, i thought it's better to send after i am back or send during my trip when i am coming back.
wow..u r going to have a wonderful Xmas hor..Merry Xmas.. where are you going? Xmas at UK or? Santa Santa Claus's hometown??
UK??feel like goin but too ex already, for now i can only afford to go Hongkong...hee...
Merry Christmas Everyone...I will miss you people...

Xannga, rainschocolate and all the rest going for interview, GOOD LUCK okie...

ben-yng
Regular
Regular

Post by ben-yng » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:30 am

[quote="shellen"]I always tell myself: “If you can’t even handle these interviewers den what makes you think that you can handle those nasty passengers on board?”

missy_ee

Post by missy_ee » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:31 am

[quote="ben-yng"][quote="missy_ee"][quote="ben-yng"]yeah..i agree..

“If you can’t even handle these interviewers den what makes you think that you can handle those nasty passengers on board?”

aletheatan

27 Dec interview

Post by aletheatan » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:42 am

missy_ee wrote:
ben-yng wrote:
missy_ee wrote: Ben-Yng, wrong lah...i am still on the titanic list, i haven even send in the application form coz i am goin for a christmas trip and will be back on the 28th. So, i thought it's better to send after i am back or send during my trip when i am coming back.
UK??feel like goin but too ex already, for now i can only afford to go Hongkong...hee...

Hey Babes....if i am not wrong...i think the 6 month rule ONLY apply if u r knocked out at the Management round...and they will tell u so....otherwise....u can keep on trying...n trying....

So dun worry about it...just GO FOR IT........
As for those graduating in Feb or even June 08....I think it is fine...as long as u fulfill the minimum educational requirements as stated......

Goodnite Peepss..... ;)

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:56 am

hafiz_ wrote:somehow i couldnt log in to my previous account and i gotta sign up again! which also means i gotta painstakingly accumulate enough posts again. sigh.

anyway! peopleeee, i'm quite at a loss. i'm currently doing my deg and will only grad in june 09. should i give it up and pursue flying or get my deg first and fly later? sigh. this has always been a major dilemma for me.
Why do you wanna give up your degree when you're already halfway through? Isn't it a big waste? Besides, the salary for a degree holder is higher (ok only $100 higher haha). Plus, you have more choices if you decide to quit flying after a few years.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 1:58 am

I wanted to apply for the write-in until i read in the forum that they are looking for people graduating end 2007 haha... i also only grad may 2008!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 2:01 am

hafiz_ wrote:yeah i've been learning french for 2 years already. haha. but that didnt help me during my course of the interview. u can try www.alliancefrancaise.org.sg :?
Wah! For 2 years, that means your french must be very good. Yea I heard about your school the last time I was looking at studying French. Thanks for the info! :)
And so my journey begins... :)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 2:09 am

salvana wrote:xanngac,

"Salvana, don't think so much k. Study first and prepare yourself for the next interview after 2 months. Meanwhile don't leave us behind k, we'll miss having you around. " --> yeah... was thinking of focus on my study 1st.... but somehow wheneva there's opening from SIA... I'm very very distracted....wahahahah.... very tempted to try and afterall i'll juz disappoint myself.... it is such an agony...

I'll neva leave u all... .dat's for sure... :)

u give ur best on 27th,k? u always have my best wishes & ben-yng's horse power support....
I think just try applying, they do wait for people to graduate sometimes. No harm trying, and if you can secure a position upon graduation, not too bad also ma hehe.

Failure should only make us better, not bitter. I'm sure if we try hard enough and keep improving, we'll be able to make it! Jiayou Salvana, we're all behind you! :)

I'll give my best on 27th and hope to bring back good news for you all. Not to forget, any precious info on the interviews hehe.

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 2:12 am

salvana wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:2 months ban rule????

i wrote i went for the 01dec interview leh..

dun think they are very strict with the 2 month rule.. i guess??

all the best!!
hey rainschocolate,

during ur 1st dec interview, may i know which round u failed?
i hope they're not strict abt this 2 mths ban thingy... well, it used to b 6 mths though...
Actually the ban rule is for those who made it to the mgmt round. My time was 6 mths like what Salvana said, guess now they decided to shorten it.

So if you were out in the grp/kebaya/skin/1 to 1 round instead of mgmt round, I don't think this affects.

Anyway, I think for write-in, they might have time to check whether you waited 2 mths, but for walk-in, I don't think they have the time keke. So well, no harm trying, if they ask, can say the lady didn't tell me so? :P

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Fri, 21 Dec 2007 2:14 am

Enjoy your trip missy_ee, come back soon and send in your application k. :)
Last edited by xanngac on Fri, 21 Dec 2007 2:20 am, edited 4 times in total.