Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
EssenceofMind

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by EssenceofMind » Mon, 28 May 2018 11:46 pm

justarandomperson wrote:
EssenceofMind wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
Hi! Oh my goodness, u went for 9th May medical? Me too! What time did you go? anyway, any updates on your eye situation? Have u heard anything from them?
So far still no news from SIA :(! I put my notice as one month. Feeling really anxious oohhh God! my case is quite delicate but i still can decipher colors as my condition is just mild. Hoping by some miracle I could get in and the higher ups will not be stringent on my case.

What time did u go for the medicAl?? I was there around 2pm!!!!

Same I was there at that timing too. When did you go your interview?

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Tue, 29 May 2018 7:43 am

EssenceofMind wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
EssenceofMind wrote:
So far still no news from SIA :(! I put my notice as one month. Feeling really anxious oohhh God! my case is quite delicate but i still can decipher colors as my condition is just mild. Hoping by some miracle I could get in and the higher ups will not be stringent on my case.

What time did u go for the medicAl?? I was there around 2pm!!!!

Same I was there at that timing too. When did you go your interview?
9th May!!! were u one of the girls I spoke to hahaha!!!! Lemme send u a private message hang on!

mouyok

Post by mouyok » Tue, 29 May 2018 5:09 pm

passed my review interview & now they asked me to go for Aptis Test :( any of you experienced it before? is it hard to pass the Aptis Test? please share.....

JGambit

Post by JGambit » Wed, 30 May 2018 10:15 am

I passed my interview in March but I recently just took off my braces and I’m waiting for my final review. Anyone knows whether the review will be conducted at STC or during the other walk in interviews.

tannynnat

Post by tannynnat » Thu, 31 May 2018 9:06 pm

g_genie wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
tannynnat wrote:I went for the interview for 6 times and with sheer determination I made it and since Silk Air and Singapore airlines is merging, it would be advisable to join now since they are recruiting 2 times a month.

I tried the interview ever since late April 2017 and I made it in March 2018. I got KIV coz of my weight, the lady at the Kebaya stage was very nice and courteous when she was talking to me so I was lucky. I was told to lose 3kg and they gave me about 3 months to lose 3kg. They also mentioned that it should be done healthily because they can see if you did not lose your weight in a healthy way.

So 6 May 2018 I went for my review and I got through. Please be very courteous and think before you talk during the kebaya round because the ladies who are checking you can be quite stern and they will try to test your people and communication skills. Just remember to tell them you will do something about it and improve your condition with a certain kind of product and keep apologising to them until they are appeased hahaha. Remember to say thank you when u finish the check and greet them before they check u. I made it and I am quite average looking so looks don't really matter as a whole.

Just be confident and show them you are a good team player, don't try to outshine people and try to be a follower. They like people who follow instruction too so remember to tell them u will follow instructions if they test you on a scenario scene. They also look out for people who have good communication skills and good body language. Quiet confidence and a demure outlook are some of the traits they are looking for so work on your confidence and body posture.

I made it through my medical round too. I got the golden call on the 15th May 2018. My training will start during early June. Hahaha.

Luck plays a part, grooming is a form of respect and confidence is key. I think if u keep failing, just take some time to work on yourself and continue trying! Good Luck.
May I know what day did you go for the medical? I went for the 9th may medical (wednesday) and got called up Thursyda morning (10th may) for a remeasure of my blood pressure haha (115 was what i clocked compared to wed's 130 where the nurses said i was just too nervous). I havent got the text yet to call Mary, and i still have cert pending to be submitted to STC. I'm so worried and am wondering when will they text me! When was ur medical, and do u have any friends who went for the 9th/10th may medical?

Hi, may i ask if you have submitted your pending doc? Cos i’m sort of in the same case like you. Thank you (:
I submitted already.

Mandyyyy

Post by Mandyyyy » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 9:37 pm

mouyok wrote:passed my review interview & now they asked me to go for Aptis Test :( any of you experienced it before? is it hard to pass the Aptis Test? please share.....
I was asked to go for the Aptis test too, but they didn’t call or email me since May interview. When is your test? Dk what’s this test about tho..

MichelleMeow

Post by MichelleMeow » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,

Will anyone be going for 10 June interview? Do anyone wanna join me? :D

Fatfatpiggy

Post by Fatfatpiggy » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 3:47 pm

Anyone who went to penang 31 march got their training dates already?

Fatfatpiggy

Post by Fatfatpiggy » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 3:50 pm

Am i the only one.
Interview 31 march penang
Bmi review 21 april singapore
Medical 26 april singapore

1 month plus after medical still no call :/

Still waiting for email or phonecall.

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Mon, 04 Jun 2018 5:11 pm

Am asking for a friend! Anyone from medical on 21st May (Monday), got the call already?

hohohehe

Post by hohohehe » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 9:53 am

Hi,

Anyone got in already and will be going for the end July training? :)

hohohehe

Post by hohohehe » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 9:55 am

justarandomperson wrote:Am asking for a friend! Anyone from medical on 21st May (Monday), got the call already?
Hi! I went for the medical check up on 22nd May and got the call on 1st June. May I know when is the notice period that your friend indicated on the application form?

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 10:24 am

hohohehe wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:Am asking for a friend! Anyone from medical on 21st May (Monday), got the call already?
Hi! I went for the medical check up on 22nd May and got the call on 1st June. May I know when is the notice period that your friend indicated on the application form?
She put June as availability :O May I know when is ur trng date?

hohohehe

Post by hohohehe » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:01 am

justarandomperson wrote:
hohohehe wrote:
Ohh maybe ask her to give SQ a call to check? They might miss out her name or something! I got slotted in for end July training :)

justarandomperson

Post by justarandomperson » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:09 am

hohohehe wrote:
justarandomperson wrote:
hohohehe wrote:
Ohh maybe ask her to give SQ a call to check? They might miss out her name or something! I got slotted in for end July training :)
Oh! U had to call and check? Is ur availibity in July?