Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:10 pm

hMM...

Ok la. IF i can think of a way to blend it into my speech then i might.

Depends on my mood!! heh heh. :lol:

Ladybird, are u 23yrs old then? :)

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:19 pm

Dear tomato

Don't worry so much. You have BMI in healthy range. Just be confident and get through the rounds. Later you can worry about losing the extra, if you feel betta about it. However, my friend told me that if you are too thin, you'll not make it through either. They want someone who's healthy and who will not look too scrawny in the kebaya.

Just go and try. Gain the experience. Should you not get through, at least you know what to expect if you decide to try again. Then you can exercise and diet all you want before the next interview. Remember Healthy BMI. :)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:41 pm

So tenshi,

Guess u're coming as well eh!! :D

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:43 pm

Yes I will 8-)

Intrinsic Dreamer

Post by Intrinsic Dreamer » Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:49 pm

U go gurl!!

Good luck to u and me, and to ALLLLLLL the gurls. :D :lol: :D :lol:

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 5:40 am

Intrinsic Dreamer wrote:Dear Ladybird_23,

IF they just ask for intro, I don't think I would carry on and tell them why I wanna be an air stewardess... haha.... :D :lol:

Hmm... It'd be a lil wierd right? Later they'll think You might be acting smart, maybe? :???:

Dear Intrinsic Dreamer. ladybird is right, it goes for all interview as well.. be proactive. just a very short introduction of yourself/ur family, carry on with topics like why you want to join sia being a fight attendant. the things that interest u(do stress on customer service, but naturally) and maybe u can bring up ur past working experiences that u think would aid u along the job and why u suit the position. common interview topics.. anyway when i had mine. they just said everyone of us have got a minute to intoduce ourselves. call the names and you may start. :)
Last edited by michael vana on Sun, 04 Mar 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miss-toes

Post by miss-toes » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 4:14 pm

hi, anyone knows how the kebaya test is like? jus pick 1 which you think tt fits? what iffffff it doesnt??? :-k

wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 4:30 pm

miss-toes wrote:hi, anyone knows how the kebaya test is like? jus pick 1 which you think tt fits? what iffffff it doesnt??? :-k
umm, yup u practically wear wad u pick out. e other time i was there, there weren't plenty of sizes to choose from. guess most FAs are bout e same built? hee. yup. but dun worry ya, i would think tt if u show confidence, & smile smile smile, u'll ace it! & it depends on lady luck also.. juz give ur best~ oh btw, i pm-ed u... ><

beenhoon

Post by beenhoon » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 4:36 pm

are all the kebaya tiny? cos i am quite big boned with huge hips!!!

ha...... just in case ba.. dun think i can pass rd 1.. :?

wendy_11

Post by wendy_11 » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 4:42 pm

beenhoon wrote:are all the kebaya tiny? cos i am quite big boned with huge hips!!!

hey dun say tt, i'm sure u can.. juz do a really impressive speech ya? u dun have ta rush to finish it, they're nt gonna time u.. but do try to keep it within a min+ & take ur time.. umm tiny- well i picked one i thot i could fit, in e end had to cram into it, sm of the other gals were like grumbling too, cuz u kinda have to suck in ur tunny & be really thin. hahz. umm if i get pass e 1st round, i might consider pickin a bigger but at e same time fitting one there're no size tags or anything, so u juz have to see & decide. but there were slightly bigger ones so dun worry. =)

tenshi
Regular
Regular

Post by tenshi » Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:56 pm

wendy_11 wrote:
beenhoon wrote:are all the kebaya tiny? cos i am quite big boned with huge hips!!!

hey dun say tt, i'm sure u can.. juz do a really impressive speech ya? u dun have ta rush to finish it, they're nt gonna time u.. but do try to keep it within a min+ & take ur time.. umm tiny- well i picked one i thot i could fit, in e end had to cram into it, sm of the other gals were like grumbling too, cuz u kinda have to suck in ur tunny & be really thin. hahz. umm if i get pass e 1st round, i might consider pickin a bigger but at e same time fitting one there're no size tags or anything, so u juz have to see & decide. but there were slightly bigger ones so dun worry. =)
Yes there will be slightly bigger kebayas but it all depends on your luck. When I tried the last round, I managed to find one. You don't have to wear the same skirt and top on the same hanger. Pick and match a top and bottom that fits you or at least one that you can squeeze into. You will have to put on the sandals too. Those come with sizes. All the best tomorrow!

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 2:08 am

Hi michael vana!

So u made it thru at the 6 & 7 Jan recruitment batch? How did ur final management interview go? Coz i got rejected at that round of interview...not in the Jan recruitment batch i mean but a later recruitment. Did many get rejected during ur batch?

Was really really disappointed...am not very sure is it becoz of my notice period that is at the end of this yr since i'll only be graduating then. Have any idea is it a norm if SIA would actually hold the post for someone till they grad? Or they rather get sumone who's available for work like almost immediately? R u currently working btw?

Thanks!

michael vana

Post by michael vana » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 4:38 pm

12345 wrote:Hi michael vana!

So u made it thru at the 6 & 7 Jan recruitment batch? How did ur final management interview go? Coz i got rejected at that round of interview...not in the Jan recruitment batch i mean but a later recruitment. Did many get rejected during ur batch?

Was really really disappointed...am not very sure is it becoz of my notice period that is at the end of this yr since i'll only be graduating then. Have any idea is it a norm if SIA would actually hold the post for someone till they grad? Or they rather get sumone who's available for work like almost immediately? R u currently working btw?

Thanks!
Haha firstly michael's not my name. i just couldnt register mine, so that came up. Hi, my name's wayne..

Mmm my final management interview went pretty well, it was very much like the 1 to 1 interview. just that a little more serious, its with the higher management afterall. questions are all about the same, determining whether you have the right mindset for the applied job.

M was in my batch, still trying to get in touch with him.. erm, i think 2 got kicked at the management round. the rest managed to go on with medical.

Regarding holding the post, that im really not sure. but ur notice is really long :? Maybe you never know, they would have a record of your particulars and the next time u try again, with shorter notice, it would be easier? haha just a thought. Really, there's no worries. since you havent graduated, there's plenty of chances to go at it again. and all you had gain is the experience. Cheers! :)

GroundZiro

Post by GroundZiro » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 7:26 pm

Just concern, i went on the 27th Feb for 2nd round interview, the interviewer said he will put me on the 3rd round, when i got out, the lady outside actually didn't ask me to sign the water confident test form and she only said they will email me the date and information on the 3rd round of interview, i saw the rest when they passed the 2nd round, they actually need to sign something, just curious about this....

miss-toes

Post by miss-toes » Sun, 04 Mar 2007 10:10 pm

hi, i went for the interview today. and i cleared e kebaya and skincheck. and guess what? the 1-1 which is supposedly 1-1 but i got 2 interviewers instead! 2-1 ! SIA has double standards??? everyone else was a 1-1 and mine 2-1. how unfair! and i got booted out. and the 2 female interviewers were really bitchy..... :angry: guess you dont stand much of a chance when they dont like you at first sight .. no matter how polite you are and how hard you try to smile at em!