Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: SIA training

Post by M » Wed, 16 May 2007 3:07 am

bellez wrote:hi, i m curious on when was ur mgmt interview ? I was waiting for the call...and its been a long long wait... :shock: my interview was on 8th May. hur hur hur

did they call you today ?
They will call once they slot ya into a batch. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 16 May 2007 3:08 am

babyger wrote:hey all, was wondering how do they actually promote you from wearing a blue kebaya to the red/green/brown ?? if u've worked for 5 years you get a chance to promote to be a leading FS if yr performance is good ??
7-10 years would be more realistic unless you're high flyer. :)

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 16 May 2007 3:11 am

missy_a wrote:hihi,

i'm starting training on 6th Jun. Just wana ask if anyone is gonna be in the same batch as me??

Also, can anyone gives me a rough idea of wat to expect and expected of me during training??

Thanks in advance!!
Training is your honeymoon so do enjoy. Will be a breeze for most so no worries at all. :)

missy_a

Post by missy_a » Wed, 16 May 2007 4:14 am

M wrote:
bellez wrote:hi, i m curious on when was ur mgmt interview ? I was waiting for the call...and its been a long long wait... :shock: my interview was on 8th May. hur hur hur

They will call once they slot ya into a batch. :)
i finished all my interviews within the wk after the recruitment in apr. rcv their call last thurs. but my fren who finish interview a wk after me got into a batch before me!! :(

im wondering if it is possible to call n request to be in an earlier batch?? im so free nw n got nothing to do!! haizz :cry: :cry:

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:28 am

missy_a wrote:i finished all my interviews within the wk after the recruitment in apr. rcv their call last thurs. but my fren who finish interview a wk after me got into a batch before me!! :(

im wondering if it is possible to call n request to be in an earlier batch?? im so free nw n got nothing to do!! haizz :cry: :cry:
Gotta wait babe but no harm trying? :)

snowyy

hi

Post by snowyy » Wed, 16 May 2007 1:56 pm

in keen in trying for the next intake for SIA cabin crew. i have scars on my leg..on the caft but supposed they will not be visible if kebaya is put on..juz wondering if they will canidates eliminate for scars on legs?

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hi

Post by abnegation » Wed, 16 May 2007 2:27 pm

snowyy wrote:in keen in trying for the next intake for SIA cabin crew. i have scars on my leg..on the caft but supposed they will not be visible if kebaya is put on..juz wondering if they will canidates eliminate for scars on legs?
Scars on your calves should be okay. As long they're nothing major major. Hur. Don't worry so much. :)
★ abnegation; self denial

bellez

Post by bellez » Wed, 16 May 2007 3:22 pm

:D finally got a call from them... they will send us an email within 2 weeks regarding the guarantor & stuffs... my training date is also on 6th June :)

hehe..finally wait is over.

SIA Cabin Crew Gal

scars

Post by SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 16 May 2007 5:05 pm

u can wear stockings during werk so tht can cover ur scars...

Dont wori!

SIA Cabin Crew Gal

promotion

Post by SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 16 May 2007 5:07 pm

actually u r eligible for promotion after 3 years...
they grade u based on seniority, and the points...

M
Reporter
Reporter

Re: promotion

Post by M » Wed, 16 May 2007 6:25 pm

SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:actually u r eligible for promotion after 3 years...
Yes that's the norm but the queue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long? The seniors would have gathered the points and you're probably down the waiting list isn't it? :)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Re: promotion

Post by buzzzybeebee » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:15 pm

M wrote:
SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:actually u r eligible for promotion after 3 years...
Yes that's the norm but the queue is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long? The seniors would have gathered the points and you're probably down the waiting list isn't it? :)
What points are you all talking about?? :o

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:20 pm

bellez wrote:
missy_a wrote:hihi,

i'm starting training on 6th Jun. Just wana ask if anyone is gonna be in the same batch as me??

Also, can anyone gives me a rough idea of wat to expect and expected of me during training??

Thanks in advance!!
hi, i m curious on when was ur mgmt interview ? I was waiting for the call...and its been a long long wait... :shock: my interview was on 8th May. hur hur hur

Hey gal, chill down... They mentioned it takes arnd 2 weeks (or earlier) for medical report to come out. So theoretically, you should give them until 22nd May to reply you?? Relax.... :wink:

Shreked
Regular
Regular

Post by Shreked » Wed, 16 May 2007 7:47 pm

Ok! I got into TP's Hospitality & Tourism Mgt. I want to know whether the course that we took would increase our chance in getting in.
I'm Evolving!
My Wings are growing!!!

abnegation
Chatter
Chatter

Post by abnegation » Wed, 16 May 2007 11:55 pm

Shreked wrote:Ok! I got into TP's Hospitality & Tourism Mgt. I want to know whether the course that we took would increase our chance in getting in.
I'm your senior from Tourism Management. Graduated a year ago. To be honest, it does give you some sort of advantage but ultimately it boils down to your attitude and personality. :)

If you're what they're looking for, even better that you have a HTM Dip. If not, a degree in HTM wouldn't help either.
★ abnegation; self denial