Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
loh loh

Post by loh loh » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:45 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:Well, we humans only learn when we fall thus failing this interview doesnt mean the end of the world. All you need to remember is to have loads of confidence, a little bit of charm & a pinch of good luck! I'll be waiting for the good news! :D
no problem! thanks for your advice. hee! i try and try!!! :)
apple

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 9:32 am

pinklittlefigure wrote:Confidence outshines anything and everything else if you want to get through the interview. It is not all about how you look, but more of how you carry yourself. Simple recruitment restrictions are there for a reason but there is no harm trying out if you are ready to go grab the opportunity. All I can say is, just muster all the confidence you have in yourself and grab the bull by its horn for the next interview!

p/s: To SSTan, a big hello! I believe you know who I am :D
Hello Pinklittlefigure,of course I know who u are. Nice to see u giving these wannabe ur good advice.
I am still trying to help them like I did to u and the rest who are now cabin crew with SIA. Thanks for dropping by and we hope to see u more often here. :D

june_s

15 Dec

Post by june_s » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:53 pm

Hi everyone! :)

its my first time posting here.
I was there on the 12th and cleared all the rounds but it was too late to go for the final round (management) and had to be rescheduled on the 16th instead.

I'm so nervous!! What is the final round like?!?

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Re: 15 Dec

Post by sstan123 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:59 pm

june_s wrote:Hi everyone! :)

I was there on the 12th and cleared all the rounds but it was too late to go for the final round (management) and had to be rescheduled on the 15th instead.

June the final goes like this. There may be 2 interviewers and 4 candidates.Will be a group discussion. U may be asked to introduce one of the fellow candidates and vice versa. The interviewers may throw a subject and ask for your comments/opinions. Then there will be 1 or 2 more subjects for discussion. The process can take up to 40 minutes. :)

Punkman

Post by Punkman » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 1:43 pm

Who here is from SQ? If we want information regarding the interiew, the best place to go is the sq website. On details regarding the interview? We can come here. Who would be the best people to answer? People who are in the airline. Is the airline recruiting again? Bah! Humbug!
So if you have pimples, are short and fat. Go anyway because we know you want to. They will answer all your questions whether or not you will pass.
If you think you have what it takes, just go and do your best. You really do not need advice from anyone, especially if someone is halfway around the world and has never worked for the airline.
If you do have questions, and some of them are answered here, take each and everyone with a pinch of salt. Some are sincere and come from real crew with real advice. Not any assumption or based on what they know from their limited knowledge.
I am a half wit, dumbass, ignoramus and I'm proud to be a Jackass. So I will say this. DO NOT LISTEN TO PLAVT! He does not even live here and when was the last time he set foot on our sunny island????
ON another note, the western free world keeps saying we do not give the press enough freedom, but who is deleting our posts.
regards

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 3:56 pm

Punkman wrote:Who here is from SQ? If we want information regarding the interiew, the best place to go is the sq website. On details regarding the interview? We can come here. Who would be the best people to answer? People who are in the airline. Is the airline recruiting again? Bah! Humbug!
So if you have pimples, are short and fat. Go anyway because we know you want to. They will answer all your questions whether or not you will pass.
If you think you have what it takes, just go and do your best. You really do not need advice from anyone, especially if someone is halfway around the world and has never worked for the airline.
If you do have questions, and some of them are answered here, take each and everyone with a pinch of salt. Some are sincere and come from real crew with real advice. Not any assumption or based on what they know from their limited knowledge.
I am a half wit, dumbass, ignoramus and I'm proud to be a Jackass. So I will say this. DO NOT LISTEN TO PLAVT! He does not even live here and when was the last time he set foot on our sunny island????
ON another note, the western free world keeps saying we do not give the press enough freedom, but who is deleting our posts.
regards
Posts like this just show your just how clever you really are like you have shown elsewhere in this thread. A good many of my posts are laregly wind-ups but you wouldn't have the integrity to realize that. Since you obviously haven't noticed a good deal of my advice is generic but that never occurs to you since like so many you appear to be unable to read or comprehend the most basic of sentences. Deleting posts? What posts have I deleted from here and what has the western press got do with anything you have said here? When did I last set foot on your sunny island? How would you know? I might even be here for all you know. People from real crew with real advice? I found more than one to be spewing out no end of garbage like you are here. POSTERS DON'T LISTEN TO PUNKMAN! No big surprise other cabin crew don't like him (thinks he has a divine right to arrive late for a briefing while at the same time chastising others for doing the same). By the way no end of people have not been able to get the information they require from SIA and often what they require is not on the website so try getting your facts right before opening your mouth.
Last edited by Plavt on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gnip
Regular
Regular

Walk in

Post by Gnip » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 5:29 pm

Hello! Did anyone go for the walk in on sat but not manage to go for the interview due to the large response?

My buddies and I were told to hand in our forms and await their email for an allocated slot.

Per chance, has anyone received that email?

Muchas gracias in advance! :D
Helloo! (:

MauriceChai

Post by MauriceChai » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 7:05 pm

sstan123 wrote:

I was there on the 12th and cleared all the rounds but it was too late to go for the final round (management) and had to be rescheduled on the 15th instead.

June the final goes like this. There may be 2 interviewers and 4 candidates.Will be a group discussion. U may be asked to introduce one of the fellow candidates and vice versa. The interviewers may throw a subject and ask for your comments/opinions. Then there will be 1 or 2 more subjects for discussion. The process can take up to 40 minutes. :)

Dont worry June! I cleared my final interview that day itself, there were 3 other interviewers that day, you'll probably be with 3 others going thru a set of diff motions like group interactions, passage reading, critical thinking, debates and all. The interviewers were really nice people, so don't be intimidated, all the best! (: See you on the 15th!
'...the pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.'

maxiii

Post by maxiii » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 7:52 pm

hi all, am new to the forum, i went for the recent interview last sat, got through the first round but got booted out comes skin check, the thing is i have pretty good skin and the other guys who got booted out got pretty good skin as well and the one guy who got thrugh has abit of acne scar(not very visible though), so can i say that its not just skin that they are checking during this round?

rainbowz15

Post by rainbowz15 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 8:14 pm

MauriceChai wrote:
sstan123 wrote:

Dont worry June! I cleared my final interview that day itself, there were 3 other interviewers that day, you'll probably be with 3 others going thru a set of diff motions like group interactions, passage reading, critical thinking, debates and all. The interviewers were really nice people, so don't be intimidated, all the best! (: See you on the 15th!
Hi Maurice! Congrats!!! Could u pm me @ [email protected] ...like to know how e interview went... now i hv to wait till they inform us of nxt appt coz of e overwhelming response... hope it won't be too long & that it'll be a gd one since it seems reali so difficult to ge thru all the interview rounds...

rainbowz15

Re: Walk in

Post by rainbowz15 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 8:17 pm

Gnip wrote:Hello! Did anyone go for the walk in on sat but not manage to go for the interview due to the large response?

My buddies and I were told to hand in our forms and await their email for an allocated slot.

Per chance, has anyone received that email?

Muchas gracias in advance! :D
Hihi!!
I hvn received th email yet... leme noe too if u receive the email ya...heard they said will contact us by 10 jan 2010.
pm me ya... [email protected]

rainbowz15

Post by rainbowz15 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 8:19 pm

I was there on the 12th and cleared all the rounds but it was too late to go for the final round (management) and had to be rescheduled on the 16th instead.

Congrats!!! Wat time did u go down? how were all the rounds? can pm me @ [email protected]

Thanks lots!

duriancake

Post by duriancake » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 8:21 pm

hi rainbow, try looking few page back.. u will get the interview processes, if that what u are looking for.

sorry to ask again, anyone got in w/o cust service experience?

ikip84

hi all, am new to the forum, i went for the recent interview

Post by ikip84 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:23 pm

hey max...you obviously got perfect skin and i dont think its a porblem that you got booted out that day. i think that malay lady looking something else cause she din't smile to me during my time before you went in..haha..well got to try again next time
thalia

dydy

Post by dydy » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:28 pm

MauriceChai wrote:
sstan123 wrote:

Maurice? Are you a guy? The one working at Citibank?