Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
i12fly

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by i12fly » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:18 am

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the employment confirmation email from SIA, asking me to email them the completed DOC excel form + attach the scans of my/my surety's ic. I emailed addressed to mary since the employment email is under hers, is it correct that i addressed them to her? Or should i have addressed to the cabin crew recruit email instead?

I just emailed to her own email, she just replied see you and your surety to sign contract!

Moosquared

Post by Moosquared » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 11:10 am

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i got the employment confirmation email from SIA, asking me to email them the completed DOC excel form + attach the scans of my/my surety's ic. I emailed addressed to mary since the employment email is under hers, is it correct that i addressed them to her? Or should i have addressed to the cabin crew recruit email instead?

Congrats! Just reply the email to Mary and also the documents might not send through due to file size so send them separately if needed. Max file size should not exceed 20mb.

swipeup

Post by swipeup » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:27 pm

Direct to mary. :) She's very responsive.

izakaya.benten

Post by izakaya.benten » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:17 pm

Hi guys, i ended up emailing mary directly and she replied me in 30 mins! She asked for confirmation if i've read the contract etc and i replied that i did. May i know if you guys are also starting training next month? I'm starting 12th november! Hoping to find some batchmates =)

Moosquared

Post by Moosquared » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:19 pm

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i ended up emailing mary directly and she replied me in 30 mins! She asked for confirmation if i've read the contract etc and i replied that i did. May i know if you guys are also starting training next month? I'm starting 12th november! Hoping to find some batchmates =)
See you in STC soon :) I'm starting on the 30th

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:39 pm

Anyone knows usually takes how long for them to help apply for work pass ? It says 3 weeks to 2 months but i doubt the HR isnt applying yet. *non-s'porean*

Melanielee9115

Post by Melanielee9115 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:42 pm

chillnutz wrote:Anyone knows usually takes how long for them to help apply for work pass ? It says 3 weeks to 2 months but i doubt the HR isnt applying yet. *non-s'porean*
When did u submit ur docs ya? Im still waiting too :(

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:52 pm

chillnutz wrote:Anyone knows usually takes how long for them to help apply for work pass ? It says 3 weeks to 2 months but i doubt the HR isnt applying yet. *non-s'porean*
Yes... Me too still waiting. I submitted on 31st of Aug. And my avaibility is 3rd of Nov onwards.

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 2:56 pm

Melanielee9115 wrote:
I submitted on 31st Aug. kinda envy those start so soon after the interview date hahahah

Melanielee9115

Post by Melanielee9115 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 3:11 pm

chillnutz wrote:
Melanielee9115 wrote:
I submitted on 31st Aug. kinda envy those start so soon after the interview date hahahah
Omg. Thats two months :’( !!!!! I just submitted 8/10 so thats gonna be even long!!!!!

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 4:06 pm

weixian0705 wrote:
Yes... Me too still waiting. I submitted on 31st of Aug. And my avaibility is 3rd of Nov onwards.
Guess the training date for us is around December i think

chillnutz
Regular
Regular

Post by chillnutz » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 4:06 pm

Melanielee9115 wrote:
chillnutz wrote:
Melanielee9115 wrote: When did u submit ur docs ya? Im still waiting too :(
Omg. Thats two months :’( !!!!! I just submitted 8/10 so thats gonna be even long!!!!!
Perhaps can count it as September for mine aha yeah it might January for you :shock:

weixian0705
Regular
Regular

Post by weixian0705 » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 4:30 pm

chillnutz wrote:
weixian0705 wrote:
Guess the training date for us is around December i think
Hope so. :)

i12fly

Post by i12fly » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 5:38 pm

izakaya.benten wrote:Hi guys, i ended up emailing mary directly and she replied me in 30 mins! She asked for confirmation if i've read the contract etc and i replied that i did. May i know if you guys are also starting training next month? I'm starting 12th november! Hoping to find some batchmates =)
15 for me! So far don’t know anyone who’s the same batch as me. My friend is starting on 21st!

swipeup

Post by swipeup » Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:39 am

Any experienced cabin crew open to share with us the following?

1) What are the travel incentives cabin crews are entitled to? I.e. 1 round flight for anyone including spouse? Discounts on star alliance or SPG accommodation?

2) What is the progression like for cabin crew? I.e. Roughly 7 years min for each promotion? Will cabin crew take on management position on ground crew?

3) How is the rest & flying time calculated after each flight? I.e. 7hours flight = 1 day rest before flying back?

4) Are the additional monetary incentives subjected to CPF deduction?

5) Current lowest and highest monthly income?

6) Number of annual leaves? Will it increase as you progress?

7) Does education background play any part in progression?

I guess thats all for now.
Thanks!