Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:39 pm

xanngac wrote: Hehe congrats Geraldine! :) Can call your BF and tell him you cleared, no more wet blanket lor. :P

Why only Raine got sundae? Me leh? HEhehe see ya.
YA! i'm going to suan him liao lol!

Okok, later u two share sundae ^.^ (i can save $$) MUAHAHAHAH :lol:
Hello there!

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:39 pm

rainschocolate wrote:
rx_aelix wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:
Thanks!!

i think u shud jus go down for the interview.. and when they ask jus say u graduating in april lor. haha its only 2 months from 27th jan ma.
i went for the interview 2 months b4 my graduation too. all interviews processing and all, time will pass very quickly.
i'm just afraid that like the previous post, they want you to show them ur dip cert before they allow you to proceed. it will be like so sad, when actually u can start sooner.

i plan to go down early in the morning , which will be very early cos i;m staying in jurong. will they allow ppl to company you to go? *sound kiddy* =x

i saw many people going down with frens to accompany them. there are some lounge chairs and sofas around and downstairs can sit also.

anyway, u dun need to wait till u get THAT diploma cert if u're a singaporean with 5 O level credit.
coz my O's meet requirement, they simply asked me when is my last paper and they scheduled me the training date right immediate after my last paper.

oh. for the walk-in on 01DEC, i went at 820 and was number 40++, in group 4. so i think its no harm going earlier. haha good luck!
hey thanks raine! this piece of info helps me alot.. help to boost my confident level a little :D
i understand that is a long wait so i still duno if i should ask someone to company me. ( though i wish for ) but will be quite boring for the person just to wait for me right? hmmm

sound cool to start ur training right after ur papers. aw~~ i should have try the write-in earlier...

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:41 pm

EEEEYERRRRR

FUTURE SINGAPORE GIRL EARN SO MUCH WANT TO SAVE FEW DOLLARS ON SUNDAEEEEEEE

=x

lol joking la!! now u can happily study and pass and join us to fly~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

yes yes yes. u still owe me my hugs whahahahha

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:43 pm

rainschocolate wrote:EEEEYERRRRR

=x

lol joking la!! now u can happily study and pass and join us to fly~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

Psst...you also future Singapore Girl, don't say so loud later everyone ask for a sundae from you! :P
And so my journey begins... :)

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:44 pm

i called mary too. said i pass my medical. but alot of formalities to fulfil.

it totally sucked to be a foreigner studying in spore. apparently the S pass that SIA is going to apply for me requires a minimum diploma. so even if i finish everything in feb, i still gotta wait till may when i get the actual diploma, then SIA can apply for me.

after waiting all the way till may, i still gotta wait for 2-4 weeks again to process and "subjected to approval"... i called the MOM lady too and asked if i could use transcripts she simply said "insufficient".. i feel so sick that after all the interviews and medicals, i cant start. spent 3/4 of my life her studyin etc, ended up more diff to get a job than other fellow malaysians..

SIGH!

anyway, huge congrats to all who can start soon enough!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:46 pm

rainschocolate wrote:EEEEYERRRRR

=x

LOL, what la i very broke le leh. U even earlier than me be Singapore Girl,
will be my senoir leh, treat me sundae :evil:

So excited for the dinner later!!
Hello there!

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:47 pm

rx_aelix wrote: hey thanks raine! this piece of info helps me alot.. help to boost my confident level a little :D
i understand that is a long wait so i still duno if i should ask someone to company me. ( though i wish for ) but will be quite boring for the person just to wait for me right? hmmm

sound cool to start ur training right after ur papers. aw~~ i should have try the write-in earlier...
Can ask that someone to bring a book cause will be a long wait, its going to be a whole day affair if you get to the final round you know.

Actually once there, you can start to make friends who those in the queue and go lunch together or kill time while waiting. :)

27th Jan very soon one so no need to feel this way. Still be in time for Mar batch if you clear everything in a day and the medical the next day. Should start thinking about how to impress the interviewers, that's the most impt. ;)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:52 pm

yingying2888 wrote:i called mary too. said i pass my medical. but alot of formalities to fulfil.

it totally sucked to be a foreigner studying in spore. apparently the S pass that SIA is going to apply for me requires a minimum diploma. so even if i finish everything in feb, i still gotta wait till may when i get the actual diploma, then SIA can apply for me.

after waiting all the way till may, i still gotta wait for 2-4 weeks again to process and "subjected to approval"... i called the MOM lady too and asked if i could use transcripts she simply said "insufficient".. i feel so sick that after all the interviews and medicals, i cant start. spent 3/4 of my life her studyin etc, ended up more diff to get a job than other fellow malaysians..

SIGH!

Hmm you know ah, sometimes Govt people need to be push a little more to get things going. Tell the MOM lady your problem, ask if there is any way to go about it, say a recommendation letter from the school or something? Or try your school side, see if there's anything to do to speed up the processing of your diploma cert or somethingv once aft exam. Can try asking and asking, better than just wait.

If all things fail, at least you know you tried everything already. Cheer up k at least you know you cleared medical.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:57 pm

yingying2888 wrote:i called mary too. said i pass my medical. but alot of formalities to fulfil.

SIGH!

Cheer up Yingying :) Well at least you know that your medical is ok.

All you can do now is to ensure that you clear all your modules and get your diploma by May so that they can apply work permit for you. Maybe i'll try to ask my mum what is involve in getting a work permit since she is also doing HR stuff & handling work permit applications for M'sia & China chinese in SPH :)

I'm also tied up by my exams and stuff, only can start in June. But i'm looking forward for that day. We might even be batch mates hehe :oops:
Last edited by Sokeai on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:58 pm

i wanna wait for thread 899....

den can HUAT JIU JIU.
longlonglonglong$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol.

so excited about tonight!!!!!!!!

rx_aelix
Regular
Regular

Post by rx_aelix » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 3:59 pm

xanngac wrote:
rx_aelix wrote: hey thanks raine! this piece of info helps me alot.. help to boost my confident level a little :D

Can ask that someone to bring a book cause will be a long wait, its going to be a whole day affair if you get to the final round you know.

Actually once there, you can start to make friends who those in the queue and go lunch together or kill time while waiting. :)

27th Jan very soon one so no need to feel this way. Still be in time for Mar batch if you clear everything in a day and the medical the next day. Should start thinking about how to impress the interviewers, that's the most impt. ;)
XD xanngac haha... ya must impress the interview, have been looking through the question that you people provides, some really tough =\

lunch? they will stop and ask us to come back a certain time? *what am i talking, interviewers need eat also* =x

actually quite blur on the process, i keep on imagine that have to wait there and cannot leave, from what i observe is like grp by grp have to wait for everyone in the grp to finish o.o
Last edited by rx_aelix on Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

rainschocolate wrote:i wanna wait for thread 899....

den can HUAT JIU JIU.
longlonglonglong$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lol.

so excited about tonight!!!!!!!!
Haha saying of which, i have to help my mum buy 4D liao. Maybe will strike :D
Hello there!

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

xanngac wrote:

SIGH!

Hmm you know ah, sometimes Govt people need to be push a little more to get things going. Tell the MOM lady your problem, ask if there is any way to go about it, say a recommendation letter from the school or something? Or try your school side, see if there's anything to do to speed up the processing of your diploma cert or somethingv once aft exam. Can try asking and asking, better than just wait.

If all things fail, at least you know you tried everything already. Cheer up k at least you know you cleared medical.
thanks xanngac, i'm thinking of asking my diploma earlier from the school, but i wonder if that's possible. in any case i can only wait, bitch and whine about it. haha.. i wanted to call back msry and asdk if that's the only pass that they can apply for msians. if it isnt, then there wun be so much complications.. but i guess i'll call her back another day.. the only thing that cheers me up a lil is the food and company that i'm expecting at the dinner later.. =)

xanngac
Chatter
Chatter

Post by xanngac » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:02 pm

rx_aelix wrote: XD xanngac haha... ya must impress the interview, have been looking through the question that you people provides, some really tough ><lunch><"
Ya some were tough, some were easy. Sometimes luck also plays a part. So things you can't control, you don't think about it. Think about what you can control, which is to prepare yourself fully for the interview! :)

Anyway not everyone got in at their first try, as long as you felt that you have given your best, the rest is up to the interviewers to decide already. Jiayou.

yingying2888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yingying2888 » Wed, 16 Jan 2008 4:02 pm

Sokeai wrote:

SIGH!

Cheer up Yingying :) Well at least you know that your medical is ok.

All you can do now is to ensure that you clear all your modules and get your diploma by May so that they can apply work permit for you. Maybe i'll try to ask my mum what is involve in getting a work permit since she is also doing HR stuff & handling work permit applications for M'sia & China chinese in SPH :)

I'm also tied up by my exams and stuff, only can start in June. But i'm looking forward for that day. We might even be batch mates hehe :oops:
cool.. that will be really helpful if you can ask your mum.. haha.. and yea.. since i'm graduating officially in may too, high chance we'll be batch mates.. that is if nothing goes wrong on my side.. haha! thanks babe!