Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
irin

Post by irin » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:34 pm

hope to hear more good news from the girls here and keep trying! :)
Last edited by irin on Sat, 22 Nov 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:44 pm

Ode wrote: Dislike those ladies there... I dont thnk they r pretty leh, dont even thnk the guys r handsome...
Why like that...You can't get in then say they are not pretty and handsome. At least they get the job but not you :P

mintia

Post by mintia » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 6:02 pm

went for my 4th time today and didn't get past the 1st round :cry: They seemed to be very stringent today, with only 1 girl out of 10 getting through it. *sigh* I don't know if to try anymore... I don't know if it's because of the 'x number of months ban' I have on me since I failed @ the final management round in June.

Does anyone have a definate answer about this 'ban'?

timelessjer

Post by timelessjer » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 6:21 pm

thanks hafiz. which email address shld i mail mine application to ? can sum1 hlp me with this? thanks alot

mintia

Post by mintia » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 6:29 pm

think you can try sending it to: [email protected]
Am still thinking if to try and write in....

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 6:49 pm

Ode wrote:Went today, little girl taking my height thnk deliberately press the measurements down q.hard, she said: "Sorry miss but you do nt fulfill our height req". She read 156cm for me. I was q.sad lah but nvmd lah. Bit feedup oso wanted to kick those high class gals w my short legs, see whose legs stronger thou i'm 157... Sigh cant be stewardess i see if mindef wants me... rsaf open house tiz wkend... I hv trained myself to hv a better figure & more muscular but Y am i nt growing any taller?!... Thnk they lack cadet pilots nw, min height req 165cm, even more unreachable... Dislike those ladies there... I dont thnk they r pretty leh, dont even thnk the guys r handsome...
Sulk, sulk, sulk............. :roll:

ladyinc

Post by ladyinc » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 6:52 pm

strictly-vintage wrote:any good news for today? whats the passing rate like?
today was the first in a long time that i saw so few girls queueing for registration. i reached sheraton at 9am and by then there were quite a fair bit of girls, but after that, in the afternoon it just became lesser and lesser. it could be the rain that caused the turnout to be quite bad. nonetheless, the interview rounds were still as stringent as they have always known to be.

Rounds & Passing Rates:
1: 2/10
Qns asked: Self-introduction + What do you feel is good customer service

2:1/4
First time i managed to ACTUALLY find my size with all the kebaya still hanged neatly. Lady also asked me a qn: First time? Why do you want to be a cabin crew?
(Personally I feel that they want you to be as spontatenous as possible and to check on your teeth/smile while you speak. So smile nonstop during this round. It really did help.

3:1/1
I had a rather stern looking interviewer (which made me even more nervous). But after awhile, deeper into the interview,, we warmed up and everything went well.
Qn asked: Why do you want to switch your career?
Your job seems exciting, so what about your current job do you not like?
If you were to meet a tourist who is visiting Singapore for the first time, what are the top 3 places you will recommend and why.
Have you been discriminated before?
(Oh man, there were so many more, but I think I had a mind block and I forgot some, SORRY GUYS!)

4:So far I've observed almost all the girls that went, ALL made it through. I dont know about those that went after me. I would say 1/1.
However for the guys, it was 1/2. Tough luck.
Qn asked: What are my job scopes like with my current job?
Why do I want to seek a job in the customer service line?
Do I do housework at home?
When was the happiest time of my life?
Does my family know that I am seeking a job as a cabin crew?
How do they feel about that?
What happens if I have to be away and miss out on celebrating important festivals with my family?
(Again, there were many more, but I cant think of any prominient ones now) :???:

I am sure you guys have had posts like this from way before, so I hope my post will be the most updated one. I hope it helps for the next try!
Also, for those who didnt make it through, (I know you have heard this a million times) but you should take this as a learning path to improve on what you did, and what you can do better. I only got in after my 5th try. So if anyone wants to complain about rejection, that would have to be me. :oops:

Cheers to those who made it , and persevere to those who will make it someday! :)
Last edited by ladyinc on Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ode

Post by Ode » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 8:27 pm

Adventure
Last edited by Ode on Sat, 08 Aug 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 8:58 pm

Ode wrote:Ok, i'm sour grapes & thnk too highly of myself. I hv to make a fair statement: There were some ladies applying who were quite pretty. & in my 1st walk-in i rem there was a short hair gal, quite tall whom i thought was quite gorgeous despite her short hair. I still rem her till today! Is the gals taking height nt pretty. Thnk maybe the better men all applying to be pilots...
Don't get too down, being cabin crew often turns out so different from what people expect. Besides there are lots of other jobs associated with airlines that can be just as if not more rewarding but will take longer to be so. :)

nicenice

Post by nicenice » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 9:22 pm

Does anyone of you falls into "go home n wait for letter" case? :(

timelessjer

Post by timelessjer » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:44 pm

can sum1 hlp me with this... do guys send their write in application to [email protected] or
[email protected]. thanks

stripes

Post by stripes » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 10:45 pm

By any chance, anyone here knows that SQ will blacklist people? Cos is my 2nd time to the interview & saw my application form is extracted & place at 1 corner on the desk when I walked into the room.

Should they inform you at the queue that you're ban to attend the interview cos if so then is a waste of my time to keep trying when there's no chance at all.

Lovely shan
Regular
Regular

Post by Lovely shan » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:07 pm

timelessjer wrote:can sum1 hlp me with this... do guys send their write in application to [email protected] or
[email protected]. thanks

those email stated above they will not reply you.

akiheartfelt
Regular
Regular

Post by akiheartfelt » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:11 am

Ode wrote:Ok, i'm sour grapes & thnk too highly of myself. I hv to make a fair statement: There were some ladies applying who were quite pretty. & in my 1st walk-in i rem there was a short hair gal, quite tall whom i thought was quite gorgeous despite her short hair. I still rem her till today! Is the gals taking height nt pretty. Thnk maybe the better men all applying to be pilots...
Why would we care if the girls taking height are pretty or not? lol... anyway... maybe you could try for airlines which only require a reach test :)

salvana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by salvana » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:42 am

eh... sorry... a lil' off track.... :)

juz wondering whether is there anyone out there who will start training on 26th Aug ?
Dreams Do Come True