Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
el-chan

Post by el-chan » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:29 am

hey, not bad girl, you managed to get quite far!
do try again :)
anyway what question did you get during the 1-to-1 interview?
and what was your answer?
Thanks dear!! :) Will surely try again another time. :D

Anyway, the passage i chose was about a toddler crying in the plane and this guy Mr Lee wants to get a good rest as he will be going for a business thing when he lands. But because the kid was crying which is disturbing him rest, Mr Lee scolded the stewardess. So the question posted to me was what would you do if you were the stewardess.

I said I would get the child something to play with or eat. If it does not help, I will try to get Mr Lee a new seat. Then the interviewer asked me: What if the flight is full? I actually told her I dont know what to do. But she gave me a chance and asked me to just give an answer. So I said I would try to find out why the kid is crying and try to get the kid something to do to distract him/her.

Other people who I spoke to had different scenarios. The scenario that I can remember pretty clearly is that this passenger wants to sit in the cockpit to have a better view. But it was a rule that people are restricted to enter that area. So what would you do if the passenger approached you as a crew with that request?

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Sun, 17 Jan 2010 4:10 pm

pho87: yup quite a few of my friends i made at the briefing had to go for some follow up xray.. so i guess it is pretty common.. and anyway, cant really keep worrying also lah, nothing we can do about it :) have faith!

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:49 pm

soul0708 wrote:hi jus wanna check if guys must be of a decent build to be qualified to be air steward?

cuz im on the slim side but im really interested in flying.

my face n hands has no scars or whatsoever jus that im thin :(

am i still eligible?
no need, not supermodel contest.

decent looking, with height will be okay.

previous experience in svc industry or 3rd/4th language will be a plus
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:51 pm

missSHER wrote:
namron02 wrote:Hello guys.

Quick question.

Someone told me that after you apply, if you get eliminated the last round, which is the management round, you cannot apply again for 6 months. Is this true?

I know that you can apply again and again if you get eliminated the first or second round cause my friends keep applying but what if you get eliminated the 3rd round?

Do let me know. I've send my enquiry to SIA but yet to receive any reply.
yeap. thats what i heard too.
if you get all the way to the management round but get booted out there, a ban of 6 months will be imposed on you.
Not true~ and there seems to be alot of naysayers and rumour spreaders around. Not sure please ask, and ask the correct people

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:53 pm

strictly-vintage wrote:hey guys,
just to let you know - my friend got through the interview during the dec walk in and due to the medical check up, he was not seleted. the medical round at present has been said to be also another elimination point. 16 was left out of the 32 who made it through. SIA seems to be very choosy at present. they only want the finest.
Not so strict la, unless the batch of girls really got medical problems. Usually majority makes it.

And curvature of ur spine is one big problem as mentioned. Cos if ur curvature is bad, the chances of u getting injured is high as u will need to carry heavy load and ur back is the primary concern

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 1:05 pm

kindaichi1234 wrote:
invinsible12man wrote:does anybody knows roughly when the next interview will be?
As per bohtong blog:So choosy ah?

Right now SQ is choosy over who they want to employ because they think they do not need that many cc. But given another few months,they will go down on their knees so to speak to recruit people. To all wannabes I have this to say to you: All is not lost cos we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.....SIA is recruiting again on 10 January 2010 in Singapore and 16 Jan in KUL.... and this is just the beginning cos there will be many more recruitment to come,that's my bet cos boh tong can't be wrong la...hahaha.
We do need CCs.

coming months we need more CCs as the new airbus planes will come in, and the configuration requires more crew. That point is correct. However SQ will not go down on its knees to get more recruits as they are also hiring Msians, Japanese and Indonesians (Even Hong Kong Residents) for upcoming interviews.

So please grab ur chances and do your very best, don't waste any opportunity. By the way, the first few batches started training. They have already recruited quite a few CCs (Male and female)

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 1:17 pm

I was told that there is alot of rumours and over exagerated entries in the forum by my friend.

All I can say is... please do not scare yourself silly and stay calm

It is just an interview and just like any other interviews you need to be prepared. At the same time don't overdo it.

Second, some information in this forum are very misleading. So read selectively.

third, SQ is still hiring cos we are short of guys and girls (seriously short), at the same time there are a few batches that is currently in training (From 2008 recruitment exercise that was halted due to economic situations). And not all upcoming recruitment will be in singapore. So please grab any chance u have and put in your best effort.

Realistically speaking, as an air crew, its no all glamor and enjoy. I also have that perception when I joined and got a rude shock as working in the air can be quite a challenge. So even for those who got in, please treasure your job and hold on to it tight as SQ is even more strict for those who are in.

I will try to answer as many questions as I can to the best of my knowledge, if I don't know I can check for you, but if can't check i will tell you i dont know and will not smoke an answer for you.

u can pm me in this forum (which I hardly drop by) or msn/email me at [email protected]

I hope this helps

namron02

Post by namron02 » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 2:22 pm

I know that you can apply again and again if you get eliminated the first or second round cause my friends keep applying but what if you get eliminated the 3rd round?
I'm not sure of the validity of it. I'm not sure and have sent enquiry to SIA's site but yet to receive any response. Do you know about this? Is it true? I've heard about it from here as well as other applicants during the interview. It'd be great if I can hear it from official people working with SIA in the HR department.

Quote only the parts you need, not several irrelevant quotes by other people

Moderator.

zxtangellove

Post by zxtangellove » Mon, 18 Jan 2010 3:40 pm

starbean wrote: you come out of the room, theres a lady outside, she will get the results and say its a yes for you or its a no for you. takes about 10minutes or so. plus u get banned 6 months from reapplying. haha
GOsh! So happy for you! I can understand the patience you gotta have in process of waiting for 2nd chance. I got kicked out of mgmt rd in Nov. Another 4 mths to go and i can try again. Congrats!! :D

natalatte

Post by natalatte » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 1:36 pm

charmaiin wrote:pho87: yup quite a few of my friends i made at the briefing had to go for some follow up xray.. so i guess it is pretty common.. and anyway, cant really keep worrying also lah, nothing we can do about it :) have faith!
yes have faith in yourself!! i'll be starting my training with ziying on 18feb! hope to see you real soon doing the same flight serving pax =)
♥ A great way to fly ♥

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 5:35 pm

natalatte wrote: yes have faith in yourself!! i'll be starting my training with ziying on 18feb! hope to see you real soon doing the same flight serving pax =)
hee so happy for you natalie! :) i hope i'll join u guys too! :)

pho87

Post by pho87 » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 6:17 pm

congrats too natalie ! how exciting !!!! :D
btw i know successful applicants get a phone call, but do they call the rejected ones also to tell them they didn't clear their med? or will they just snail mail out the rejection letters w/o any calls? thanks in advance ! :)

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 9:00 pm

natalatte and charmaiin. Hi, which grp were u guys in for e final rd ? issit on the 10th u guys finished or the another day?

natalatte

Post by natalatte » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:36 pm

pho87 wrote:congrats too natalie ! how exciting !!!! :D
btw i know successful applicants get a phone call, but do they call the rejected ones also to tell them they didn't clear their med? or will they just snail mail out the rejection letters w/o any calls? thanks in advance ! :)
heard from the lady is tt she'll call even if u're rejected.
♥ A great way to fly ♥

natalatte

Post by natalatte » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:39 pm

multitasker wrote:natalatte and charmaiin. Hi, which grp were u guys in for e final rd ? issit on the 10th u guys finished or the another day?
i was rescheduled to go for the final interview on the 10th at 12noon. We cleared out final on the day itself =) was pretty tough but am blessed tt both charmain n i made it thru everything. It's worth the wait and worth the stress!!
♥ A great way to fly ♥