Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
chanelislove

Post by chanelislove » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 1:24 pm

hi starbean, may i know what time you went for SIA interview and how long did you queue? (:

swlee

Post by swlee » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 2:01 pm

may I ask when is the round where you have to present all the original copies of your certs? I just finished my degree last december but my results are not out yet, hence I do not have a cert of my degree. Can anyone tell me how I should go about this?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 3:00 pm

swlee wrote:may I ask when is the round where you have to present all the original copies of your certs? I just finished my degree last december but my results are not out yet, hence I do not have a cert of my degree. Can anyone tell me how I should go about this?

You need to have at least 5 GCE O level credits or diploma? One admin lady will go around the queue to check your application form. If u meet the min. requirement she will put a tick on the form itself. In rd 2, one HR lady will ask for yr original certs for verification purpose.
Last edited by kindaichi1234 on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

redhead

Post by redhead » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 4:03 pm

esah wrote:i went yst, got thru the first round but they measured my height as 157.7cm.

0.3cm and i would have made it but she didnt allow me. i argued that it wasn't my first time there, that i am a crew and if i could do the reach test. but she was like "sorry, u didn't meet the height requirement. u can leave now" and just walked away.

OMG. i felt like killing her right there and then.
oh my!! i think they're really very strict about the height.. you're a crew from which airline?.. anyway i'm still hoping for another walk in or write in appplication soon! goodluck to all of us

invinsible12man

Post by invinsible12man » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 4:24 pm

does anybody knows roughly when the next interview will be?

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:24 pm

invinsible12man wrote:does anybody knows roughly when the next interview will be?
As per bohtong blog:So choosy ah?

Right now SQ is choosy over who they want to employ because they think they do not need that many cc. But given another few months,they will go down on their knees so to speak to recruit people. To all wannabes I have this to say to you: All is not lost cos we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.....SIA is recruiting again on 10 January 2010 in Singapore and 16 Jan in KUL.... and this is just the beginning cos there will be many more recruitment to come,that's my bet cos boh tong can't be wrong la...hahaha.

amandababy
Regular
Regular

Post by amandababy » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 5:34 pm

kindaichi1234 wrote:
.. But given another few months,they will go down on their knees so to speak to recruit people. To all wannabes I have this to say to you: All is not lost cos we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.....SIA is recruiting again on 10 January 2010 in Singapore and 16 Jan in KUL.... and this is just the beginning cos there will be many more recruitment to come,that's my bet cos boh tong can't be wrong la...hahaha.
wooo.. i like it! :) more chances coming!

swlee

Post by swlee » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:52 pm

kindaichi1234: Thanks for the information!

starbean

Post by starbean » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:06 pm

chanelislove wrote:hi starbean, may i know what time you went for SIA interview and how long did you queue? (:
Hi i reached at 9am, queued for about an hour before they allocated me to group 60 and told me to come back at 1215pm.

My 1st round was around 2pm, 2nd round was around 3pm, was brought to the basement for skin check (3rd round) at 330pm, as i was there the lady informed the ONLY GROUP of 4 in front of me that they were the last grp for management round that day -.-

So after skin check filled up a medical and they gave me the invite for management round tmr morning (13th). Left around 4pm.

chanelislove

Post by chanelislove » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:17 pm

starbean: wow, i guess the queue must be freaking long. the management for this time was much more better than 12 dec. at least they informed you girls what time you need to be back so you don't to queue till your legs ache. anyway, gd luck for tml. ((:

starbean

Post by starbean » Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:52 pm

chanelislove wrote:starbean: wow, i guess the queue must be freaking long. the management for this time was much more better than 12 dec. at least they informed you girls what time you need to be back so you don't to queue till your legs ache. anyway, gd luck for tml. ((:
haha i am a guy.

this is my second try. my 1st try was exactly one year ago, and i got kicked out of management round, i am quite sure it was because i wore jeans.

are you trying soon? good luck alright!

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:57 am

starbean... u were kicked out last yr after e management rd, do they tel u tt u were out immediately on the spot the results came out or they actually call u back?

starbean

Post by starbean » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 3:01 am

multitasker wrote:starbean... u were kicked out last yr after e management rd, do they tel u tt u were out immediately on the spot the results came out or they actually call u back?
you come out of the room, theres a lady outside, she will get the results and say its a yes for you or its a no for you. takes about 10minutes or so. plus u get banned 6 months from reapplying. haha

multitasker

Post by multitasker » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 3:02 am

so ur final rd tomo u noe how many grps r there? jux one day for tomo or also thurs?

starbean

Post by starbean » Wed, 13 Jan 2010 3:18 am

multitasker wrote:so ur final rd tomo u noe how many grps r there? jux one day for tomo or also thurs?
not too sure. i am one of the 1st few because i just missed the final round on 11th jan itself. mines at 845am. i will see and repost tmr morning after if u want.