Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Steward

Post by sq_boy » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:43 am

Hey...anione care to share flight steward interview experience? :wink:

cream

Post by cream » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:34 am

They will first group u up in a group of ten. After which u will be brought to a room where u will be introduced to 2 "tester". From there u will be asked to do a self intro. A very brief n short one. After which u will be brought to another room. There they will tell u who will be shotlisted to got for another round. The second round is the one to one interview.
After u go thru that round, they will ask u to come back another day for interview. They will ask u to go and sit for a short IQ test. After that u will proceed to do a so call speech in front of everyone. If u pass this round there will be a swim test.

berdee5155

Re: SIA Cabin crew

Post by berdee5155 » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:16 pm

jerlyn wrote:
berdee5155 wrote:Hi Gals,

I'm oso new to this forum. I just got my reply from SIA and this is my 3rd try...hahaha..anyway, i am slotted at 7 Jan as well, at 0920hrs, any one same slot?

Hiaz, I am actuali 25 oredi and i hope i can get thru this time...:T

I stay in the east, anyone from there?

irin wrote:hi girls!
congrats to all of u! =)

i am still waiting... but i doubt i will receive cos i sent in by snail mail on the 15th dec and well, i am not young... me gg to be 27 in jan 2006. and that's very old to be a FA....

all the best to all of ya!!! :)
hi berdeee... mine is earlier.. wat happen last time, share with us...
U will clear this time round ! cheers!
25 years old is not consider old..equip yourself well to have a competitive advantage! Age IS JUST A NUMBER.. bestest luck..:D
Hey thks jerlyn!!well, the 1st time i try, i went to the management interview bt failed. the 2nd round i failed at the kebaya..so this time round..wonder can all the way anot...lol...basically i tink its my complexion prob..:T

berdee5155

Post by berdee5155 » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:21 pm

Trish wrote:
Cube wrote:hi everyone, i am new here...
anyone going for the interview on 7 january at 9.20am???
Hi i tink Careen is going for the 9.20am one....u wanna go with her????
I am gng for the 9.20 am slot. We can mit up there if you dun mind!

shaky

Re: Any guys here shortlisted for SIA Flight Steward Intervi

Post by shaky » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 1:15 pm

sq_boy wrote:Hey...there...I am new here....would like to noe so far any guys here shortlisted for SIA Flight Steward Interview...saw the threads that many gals had been invited for interview but no news from the guys since this time round is recruitment for both steward/stewardess. :D

hiya sq_boy,

Are you waiting for the invite as well? Hmm... after seeing all the excitment in the forum from receiving the invites for the girls. My spirits have been slightly dampened because up till now i hav yet to receive any invites. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed as i think M is right. Ladies first right? So, I'm checking my mailbox everyday religiously now. Anyway, if you do get the invites do quickly post a shoutout here ya.

Shaky

p.s. btw we are like the really rare species in existence here but nice to know your existence if you did apply for the SIA steward:)
the grass is greener on the other side.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 1:25 pm

cream wrote:They will first group u up in a group of ten. After which u will be brought to a room where u will be introduced to 2 "tester". From there u will be asked to do a self intro. A very brief n short one. After which u will be brought to another room. There they will tell u who will be shotlisted to got for another round. The second round is the one to one interview.
After u go thru that round, they will ask u to come back another day for interview. They will ask u to go and sit for a short IQ test. After that u will proceed to do a so call speech in front of everyone. If u pass this round there will be a swim test.
i believe that the speech has been "eradicated" for sometime isnt it? :P

typo~ :oops:
Last edited by M on Thu, 29 Dec 2005 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trish
Regular
Regular

Post by Trish » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 1:57 pm

M wrote:
cream wrote:They will first group u up in a group of ten. After which u will be brought to a room where u will be introduced to 2 "tester". From there u will be asked to do a self intro. A very brief n short one. After which u will be brought to another room. There they will tell u who will be shotlisted to got for another round. The second round is the one to one interview.
i believe that the speech has been erdicated for sometime isnt it? :P
Hi M

Sorry wat does 'erdicated' mean???

zoergal
Regular
Regular

Post by zoergal » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 3:00 pm

Hi all,

The afternoon slot timing is out ....mine is 2.20pm which is super late....anyone the same as mine??? Those who are still waiting , please dun be dishearted as the invites might be on the way soon ... jia you jia you...

i sent in my application by snail mail on the 14th or 15th ... :lol:

violet

Post by violet » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 3:20 pm

berdee5155 wrote:
Trish wrote:
Cube wrote:hi everyone, i am new here...
anyone going for the interview on 7 january at 9.20am???
Hi i tink Careen is going for the 9.20am one....u wanna go with her????
I am gng for the 9.20 am slot. We can mit up there if you dun mind!
Hi,I m also 0920...please add me in your msn. [email protected]
Maybe we can meet up and go together. :)

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 4:12 pm

This is what I've found after some research.

Strengthening OJT Implementation Through Mentoring

In the increasingly competitive Air Travel industry, airlines have to differentiate themselves from their competitors to sustain themselves. Having an extensive route network, modern fleet and innovative products are not sufficient. They have to offer higher standards of service than their competitors to establish themselves as leading airlines. Singapore Airlines (SIA), a name synonymous with excellent service around the globe, owes much of its success to the high level of service provided by its cabin crew. A structured mentoring system has helped SIA train its cabin crew to meet the high service standards set.

Mentoring New Recruits

New recruits who join SIA are first trained on the ground for 7 to 8 weeks on good customer practices prior to their Supernumerary (SNY) flights. The training is conducted by line trainers in a mock-up cabin at the airline’s training centre. After the training, trainees are assigned SNY flights, which focus on one area of the task they had been coached on, such as the greeting of passengers or handing of towels. The objective is to get them to master a particular task effectively. Trainees are assigned to work with senior flight attendants and fly for two weeks (about five to six times) under their supervision.

During the SNY flights, the flight supervisor would use a checklist to indicate whether the trainee is able to perform the identified tasks. Feedback is two-way as trainees are also required to complete a feedback form to express the difficulties encountered. As the objective is reinforcement, the purpose of evaluating the trainees is not to grade but to provide feedback for improvement. Trainees go through a one-day reinforcement of OJT on the ground after the SNY flights, where the learning points, problems encountered and issues are discussed. Training of the cabin crew does not end here – it is a continuous learning process. When the cabin crew assume new responsibilities such as supervision of fellow crew members, they undergo more SNY flights to equip themselves with new skills.

Mentoring & Career Development

Mentoring in SIA is built-in throughout the career of cabin crew members to ensure that OJT is effective. Supervisory cabin crew members who manifests the requisite skills to be rank trainers are spotted and groomed. They are role models in the workplace and have the experience to perform the job well. Potential candidates are attached to the Training department and undergo the Train-the-Trainer course. In addition, they are given training in coaching staff and content. After the training, they co-train with the more experienced trainers before training independently.

Impact on Business

Through structured and systematic mentoring of employees, SIA has been able to prepare staff for their job functions effectively. OJT has helped SIA to consistently deliver excellent customer service. The various awards and accolades it has won are testimony of its service excellence. In 2002, SIA earned over 50 international accolades, including the Best Airline in the World, Best Asia-Pacific Airline, Best First Class, Best Business Class, Best Economy Class and Best Frequent Flyer awards for the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Travel awards.

Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 5:27 pm

Singaporegirl,
Very good post, best one I've seen here for a long time.

Plavt.

plyn

Post by plyn » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 7:16 pm

Hi ppl, it's my first time here too! Was quite dejected initially bcos almost all of you seem to have got a response and I havent received my invite yet :? But I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my email juz now! Hee.

Most of you babes seem to have got the early morning interview.. Anyone got the slot for 7th January 1340hr one? If yes, please PM me here yah?? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon! :D

-plyn

sq_boy
Regular
Regular

Re: Any guys here shortlisted for SIA Flight Steward Intervi

Post by sq_boy » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 7:18 pm

Hey...there...I am new here....would like to noe so far any guys here shortlisted for SIA Flight Steward Interview...saw the threads that many gals had been invited for interview but no news from the guys since this time round is recruitment for both steward/stewardess. :D

hiya sq_boy,

Are you waiting for the invite as well? Hmm... after seeing all the excitment in the forum from receiving the invites for the girls. My spirits have been slightly dampened because up till now i hav yet to receive any invites. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed as i think M is right. Ladies first right? So, I'm checking my mailbox everyday religiously now. Anyway, if you do get the invites do quickly post a shoutout here ya.

Shaky

p.s. btw we are like the really rare species in existence here but nice to know your existence if you did apply for the SIA steward:)

Hi Shaky,
It's nice to noe that you are one of the hopefuls as well here. I have not received my invites....think no chance lo..but still keeping fingers crossed...gd luck to you..okie? :D

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 7:47 pm

plyn wrote:Hi ppl, it's my first time here too! Was quite dejected initially bcos almost all of you seem to have got a response and I havent received my invite yet :? But I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my email juz now! Hee.

Most of you babes seem to have got the early morning interview.. Anyone got the slot for 7th January 1340hr one? If yes, please PM me here yah?? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon! :D

-plyn
Wow, seems like everyone have gotten their invites. I guess I won't be getting mine. I don't meet one of their requirements: qualification of at least diploma or A levels. Guess I just have to stick with SilkAir. When are they recruiting again?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

abastos

Abastos

Post by abastos » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 7:51 pm

Hi, I sent in my application and I 've not yet got a reply. Btw, I applied for the Steward post. I sent in on the 14th Dec by snail mail. I hardly got any reply from SIA HR Dept. I cannot wait for their reply. Anyway, I have tried emirates and they told me that they were hiring ladies at the moment. So, I even tried on Qatar but to no avail ( no reply for months ). So, I guess, my chance was blown. I will keep on trying. I'm lucky that I am not old enough to stop trying! haha... I am 21 turning 22 next year btw..! Good luck to all you guys out there.