Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
omg

Post by omg » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:22 am

i got e8 for my eng but i'm a 3 year Polytechnic student. can i go for the interview?

yellowpig
Regular
Regular

Post by yellowpig » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:54 am

omg wrote:i got e8 for my eng but i'm a 3 year Polytechnic student. can i go for the interview?
got 5olevel credits and diploma ?
i read somewhere that a person once got booted out because he/she held a diploma BUT nlevel ? dono why so weird de..

i think if you can speak relatively well, should be able to pass through..

acceber

Re: att to those with ban

Post by acceber » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:55 am

yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:I quoted this from another thread and this reply was posted by Plavt:

WeiXiaoBao wrote:
I ask you all something huh.....they say if you fail you will be banned for 3 mths.but if we still go again they wun know ma....right?

I can assure they will know. Some a time ago a member of a certain airline's cabin crew executive was posting here in which he mentioned the walk-in interview. He stated that their procedures were hampered by people applying twice!

For those will ban, pls bear with it. 3 mths can pass fast.
this guy is my fren's brother. and he keeps on thinking he's able to cheat his way through.. as if SIA wud be stupid enough to not to keep tracks of those that they've banned..

yep.. dont try to go for short cuts, in case they will ban u more when they found out.. last time its 6 months, now 3 mths will be over in a blink of eye.. :wink:
which means if i went on dis 27th jan, i cant b going to the feb interview? right? just to make sure.

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: att to those with ban

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:21 am

acceber wrote:
yingying2888 wrote:
llentimes wrote:I quoted this from another thread and this reply was posted by Plavt:

WeiXiaoBao wrote:
I ask you all something huh.....they say if you fail you will be banned for 3 mths.but if we still go again they wun know ma....right?

I can assure they will know. Some a time ago a member of a certain airline's cabin crew executive was posting here in which he mentioned the walk-in interview. He stated that their procedures were hampered by people applying twice!

For those will ban, pls bear with it. 3 mths can pass fast.
this guy is my fren's brother. and he keeps on thinking he's able to cheat his way through.. as if SIA wud be stupid enough to not to keep tracks of those that they've banned..

yep.. dont try to go for short cuts, in case they will ban u more when they found out.. last time its 6 months, now 3 mths will be over in a blink of eye.. :wink:
which means if i went on dis 27th jan, i cant b going to the feb interview? right? just to make sure.
the ban is only applicable for applicants who made it till the management round, which is the final round.
for the rest, there'll be no ban!
but if u did made it to the management round for this 27thJan interview, den yes, ur ban stretches over february so i'm afraid u can't go for the feb one. =)
the world at your doorstep.

Eneres

Post by Eneres » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:35 am

I'm so sad to be booted out on 27 Jan......Sigh!

I hope SQ will have a write in application soon. Just wondering because in Jan, i think there is a total of 3 interviews? (3rd, 15th and 27 Jan)?
Yours Truly

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:42 am

thank you girls for the constructive and useful infos! i'm getting more and more excited, counting down to the next interview, hehe.

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:44 am

Eneres wrote:I'm so sad to be booted out on 27 Jan......Sigh!

I hope SQ will have a write in application soon. Just wondering because in Jan, i think there is a total of 3 interviews? (3rd, 15th and 27 Jan)?
Dont be sad and rmb what Luke said, confidence and the I-can-do-it spirit will prevail at the end!

There shld be a write-in interview soon and i believe it is spanned across one month period. Do rmb to maybe send two e-mail (apart by one week) so your chances of getting called back for the second write-in is higher!

Hope that helps :D

angietyj

Post by angietyj » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:44 am

yellowpig wrote:
omg wrote:i got e8 for my eng but i'm a 3 year Polytechnic student. can i go for the interview?
got 5olevel credits and diploma ?
i read somewhere that a person once got booted out because he/she held a diploma BUT nlevel ? dono why so weird de..

i think if you can speak relatively well, should be able to pass through..
Hey! Ive got Nlevel, ITE n MDIS Dip. w/o Os. I got in from the queue. but failed at first round. lol

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:51 am

rx_aelix wrote:
yellowpig wrote:
Sokeai wrote: how long more do you have to wear the braces?

EH, up till today would be my 8months in wearing.. by may i should be able to remove it... & wear retainer le.. UNLESS i can't even wear retainer for SIA.. retainer must wear 6months so that teeth won't anyhow shift again...

wasted ! whaaaa!
thought that retainers only wore at night? or when u sleeping? :o
Hmm if i'm not wrong, think i only saw it say braces cannot be worn, but it never mention retainer so perhaps can?
Hello there!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:07 pm

Don be too upset le Eneres... there's another interview coming up soon... and u can try it out.. whereas i can't even try out any interview this 3 months.. that's even more saddening ...

Jia you kkz... next interview u will do better and i'm sure you will get in de... ^^

How i wish i can join u and mouse in the upcoming interview.. =/
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

pinklittlefigure
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pinklittlefigure » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:21 pm

iwannefly wrote:

Don be too upset le Eneres... there's another interview coming up soon... and u can try it out.. whereas i can't even try out any interview this 3 months.. that's even more saddening ...

Jia you kkz... next interview u will do better and i'm sure you will get in de... ^^

How i wish i can join u and mouse in the upcoming interview.. =/
Eneres & Iwannafly,

I'll be waiting patiently for you both and Val to join me as a working crew!
Dont fret, rmb confidence and I-can-do-it spirit will bring you to new points!

Hugs tight tight!

teruteru

medical check up

Post by teruteru » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:30 pm

Dear people,

Just a question on medical check up..
I was at the clinic yesterday for the check up.. The lady in SIA told me that they will let us know the result a week later..

Have anyone here waited for than a week for their call even though your notice period is immediate and you are singaporean?
I'm quite worried becos a new company is waiting for me to sign the contract after cny.
Of cos i will go for SQ.. but what if i give up new company and SQ medical fail after that.. then i will end up nothing!!

So vexed.. :(
Anyway can we call SIA to check the status if we dint hear anything after a week?
When SIA call you for medical result, will they also tell you when to sign contract and the training date at the same time?

Thanks a million!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Re: medical check up

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:36 pm

teruteru wrote:Dear people,

I was at the clinic yesterday for the check up.. The lady in SIA told me that they will let us know the result a week later..

Have anyone here waited for than a week for their call even though your notice period is immediate and you are singaporean?
I'm quite worried becos a new company is waiting for me to sign the contract after cny.
Of cos i will go for SQ.. but what if i give up new company and SQ medical fail after that.. then i will end up nothing!!

Anyway can we call SIA to check the status if we dint hear anything after a week?
When SIA call you for medical result, will they also tell you when to sign contract and the training date at the same time?

Thanks a million!
actually all of this is a case-to-case thing
like for me, i went medical on a wed, and went back for extra xray on thurs, they called me the following wed and my availability is 2 months.

my friend, immediate availability and check up on the same wed as i do, until now haven't receive the call, its been 3 weeks alr.

u can call them, provided u know the number. the numbers that are shown on your phone caller id are actually dummy numbers from SIA, so u would have to find your own way to call them.

when they called me regarding medical check up, they only said congratulations u have passed your medical check-up, we will mail u the agreement letter soon.

abt a week plus later, i received the agreement letter and have returned the mail. they didn;t mention anything about the contract signing, so i guess i would have to wait till they contact me again to tell me when i got to go and sign the bond.

everything is not immediate, it takes weeks and sometimes months. so be patient! =)

and very little people fail medical! so dun worry so much. =)

teruteru

Post by teruteru » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:42 pm

rainschocolate wrote:

Thanks a million!
like for me, i went medical on a wed, and went back for extra xray on thurs, they called me the following wed and my availability is 2 months.

my friend, immediate availability and check up on the same wed as i do, until now haven't receive the call, its been 3 weeks alr.

u can call them, provided u know the number. the numbers that are shown on your phone caller id are actually dummy numbers from SIA, so u would have to find your own way to call them.

when they called me regarding medical check up, they only said congratulations u have passed your medical check-up, we will mail u the agreement letter soon.

abt a week plus later, i received the agreement letter and have returned the mail. they didn;t mention anything about the contract signing, so i guess i would have to wait till they contact me again to tell me when i got to go and sign the bond.

everything is not immediate, it takes weeks and sometimes months. so be patient! =)

Hey gal,

So you have not know when you gona start training??
By the way, is your friend singaporean?
I heard that it takes a little longer time for malaysian becos they have to apply for work permit and stuff like that..

grr.. i do not have their number!!
what should i do man??!!!

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:44 pm

teruteru wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:

Thanks a million!

Hey gal,

So you have not know when you gona start training??
By the way, is your friend singaporean?
I heard that it takes a little longer time for malaysian becos they have to apply for work permit and stuff like that..

grr.. i do not have their number!!
what should i do man??!!!
yea that girl is a singaporean.
hmmmmmmm. its true that malaysians will take longer coz of the passes. poor yingying cannot start so soon becoz of her malaysian/student pass status. =\ but i guess urs will be easier coz urs is jus work permit.. no clashes or wadsoeva.

as for the number, i think its either u go find out or jus wait for their call. shud be soon!

when they called e for medical results, they told me when my training is starting. 18thFeb. =) counting down 20 days!!