Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
savvytan

Re: write-in interview

Post by savvytan » Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:15 pm

kalyn wrote:is there anyone who can advise the procedures for write-in application? how should i go about doing that and what is the email address to send the application to? TIA.
hi kalyn,

hope this helps!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... n_crew.jsp

For Singaporeans and Malaysians, if you are unable to attend the walk-in interviews, you may send in your application form to [email protected]. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

FluffCloud

Should i try?

Post by FluffCloud » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:47 am

Hi all,

I've applied for Silkair before but got booted out at the 1st round.
But that was 6 months ago and i'm wondering if i should try out for the 19th Feb interview. Have been constantly checking out all the interview dates but don't know why i start to see more flaws on myself as the date's nearing and hence i didn't have the courage to go for it. :( Anyone have this problem too?

And also, i was told by a friend that they do not accept facial moles and ear defects(not hearing problem). Is it true?
:roll:

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Re: Should i try?

Post by charmaiin » Wed, 19 Jan 2011 9:43 am

FluffCloud wrote: And also, i was told by a friend that they do not accept facial moles and ear defects(not hearing problem). Is it true?
:roll:
hahahahhahahaa sorry but I can't help
laughing at this. of course it's not true! they might be strict but they are not insane! no one is perfect. even VS models have flaws.

and girls should stop fretting over ur teeth, hair, height, weight, moles, freckles or little toes. if u want it, just go and try lah. first time
cannot, try again lor.

just stop worrying already!

cappucinochips

Post by cappucinochips » Sun, 23 Jan 2011 2:50 pm

FluffCloud, if that's what you're worried about you should check out the no. of moles i have on my neck.. haha. and the 'trademark' mole on my chin. I still got through?! lol.. are you convinced that they don't just take in flawless girls? Hun, You should just stop worrying so much and focus on looking good with what you have.. :)
<3

mc-hotdog

Post by mc-hotdog » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 3:48 am

Thinking too much already lah girls. Dun take your teeth, moles etc as a flaw. They maybe something that Sia is looking for. To u it may be a flaw, but to others it may be something special.

Anyway if u got some holes and dots on your face just say u came back from some obs camp. It may help u pass the skin test.

Be yourself and always smile!! And I mean always. Even when facing the skin test lady. I've got a small scar on my arm but I think my smile help me got thru
Look far brings you further

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 9:30 am

cappucinochips wrote:FluffCloud, if that's what you're worried about you should check out the no. of moles i have on my neck.. haha. and the 'trademark' mole on my chin. I still got through?! lol.. are you convinced that they don't just take in flawless girls? Hun, You should just stop worrying so much and focus on looking good with what you have.. :)
Ahh, thanks for your reply! It's really encouraging.
But have you seen any SIA girls with facial scars? It seems like all of them have flawless skin. :roll:

charmaiin
Regular
Regular

Post by charmaiin » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 1:07 pm

FluffCloud wrote: Ahh, thanks for your reply! It's really encouraging.
But have you seen any SIA girls with facial scars? It seems like all of them have flawless skin. :roll:
there are definitely girls with facial acne scars and problematic skin. they are all humans!! :) just be confident and smile and hope for the best.. dont fret so much!

savvytan

Post by savvytan » Tue, 25 Jan 2011 8:34 pm

yea girls dont fret!
i've read stories of girls/guys who kept trying and trying til they got in even after 7/8 times...
so its really a matter of how bad you wana join sq =)

cappucinochips

Post by cappucinochips » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:01 am

Fluff Cloud.. I have some slight acne scarring also btw.. but as long as it looks less obvious with makeup, it should not be a problem.. why don't you try for the 19 Feb walk in and see how it goes? You'll never know.

My point is don't worry about those little flaws. Just look and feel your best!
<3

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:00 am

cappucinochips wrote:Fluff Cloud.. I have some slight acne scarring also btw.. but as long as it looks less obvious with makeup, it should not be a problem.. why don't you try for the 19 Feb walk in and see how it goes? You'll never know.

My point is don't worry about those little flaws. Just look and feel your best!
yup, i'm thinking of trying the 19th feb walk in but just afraid that i might back out last minute. :(

I have 2-3 indented acne scars on my cheek, so i'm really worried. Is there a makeup that can fill up the 'holes'?

And may i know the weight range for SIA girls?

ilurvemushrooms

Post by ilurvemushrooms » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 2:21 pm

hi everyone,

i went for the 18dec interview and got thru all the rounds.
went thru to medical and still waiting for a call until now.

can i check if anyone else here went for the 18dec interview n went thru to medical but still waiting for a call?

hope to hear from u all :)

thks!

galwithawand
Regular
Regular

Post by galwithawand » Wed, 26 Jan 2011 3:16 pm

ilurvemushrooms wrote:hi everyone,

i went for the 18dec interview and got thru all the rounds.
went thru to medical and still waiting for a call until now.

can i check if anyone else here went for the 18dec interview n went thru to medical but still waiting for a call?

hope to hear from u all :)

thks!
whats your availability date? if it's still far far away, then you got to wait quite a bit for the call

ilurvemushrooms

Post by ilurvemushrooms » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 4:07 am

hi galwithawand,

I put up mine as 1 month's notice. den before going for the medical, one of the HR lady did inform that my start date will be 28 jan if everything is fine.

so if fail wil get a letter say unsuccessful. if pass wil get a call.

but I got no letters and no calls till now. so does that mean there is still a chance? just wondering.

appreciate all replies, thk u! :)

rampalicious87
Regular
Regular

Post by rampalicious87 » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:53 am

anyone wanna go together on 19th Feb? Male here. I know i won't get in but just going to give it a shot.

FluffCloud

Post by FluffCloud » Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:10 pm

rampalicious87 wrote:anyone wanna go together on 19th Feb? Male here. I know i won't get in but just going to give it a shot.
Wow rampalicious, i like your attitude!
I might be going! :wink: