Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 8:36 pm

mydior wrote:
wawa wrote:
mydior wrote: hi, yup u're right dat as long as ur scars can be covered by the kebaya, that wil be fine. they will stand very close to u n scrutinize ur face, lower arms, feet n neck. i can say the room is pretty well-lit. as for figure wise, i've no idea how they actually view it but perhaps proportionate like u said? i duno. during the swimming test, they did not check for scars when we were in swimsuits for our batch. but i heard they did for some batches so it all depends. i can say they r pretty particular abt the condition of the skin.

Hi mydior,

you mean to an extend they will exaine thoroughly every part of your skin under bright white light??!! Oh man!!....there goes my chance! I truly knoe myself coz I do not haf that flawless procelain complexion. Looks like I'll sure flunked that round :cry:
the room is well-lit dats all. u dun hav to hav flawless skin. just not too bad can already. depends on the beauticians.
Dear Mydior!

YES!!!YOU DID IT! Way to go gal! Told you never to give up! Here you are! So proud and happy for you! Enjoy and good luck for the training yah! No matter how tough it is, never give up as you have come this far!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Re: How's everyone Doing?

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:42 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
queenie-me wrote:Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Heyz don't be sad too soon. At least you've got a diploma and I think you stand a higher chance than me, an ITE grad. But all I know is to keep my optimism. At least we've tried right?
cheers...your last line... my philosophy, courtesy of Ms Julie as well, AT LEAST WE TRIED.... :D
**prays**

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:45 am

sqboy wrote:Hi girls :wink:

Don't despair just yet. Even though it's specified that this intake was for polytechnic diploma holders, you wouldn't know if you didn't try would you? If you sent in a neat application with a neat photo and they happen to like you, then good for you! If not, you can always try again at the next relevant intake.

It's still too early to talk about the invites - after all, the application just closed on the 17th. They need some time to sort out all the applicants and go through them, before sending it out. And it's the holiday season afterall, so do expect replies to be slow. =)

The trend observed here is that some people tend to worry too much. About complexion, the interview rounds and all. True, information about those would give you the edge, but ultimately it's your personality that would stick by you. Nothing can change that. If you're naturally poised, refined and hospitable then you'd have no problems acing whatever rounds there are. If you're passionate enough about this industry, even the pay wouldn't matter much. [Although it's good to know that it's pretty rewarding (between 2.8k to more than 3.5k a month, depending on the airline you're in and on your monthly roster) for your finances. ]

Then again it's the whole experience of meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and trotting the world that would be most valuable for this career.

Enjoy the experience while it lasts. To me, this job is a great time to while away your youth.

Cheers & Happy Holidays everyone! :D
Cheers and happy holidays!!!
Thks for the info adn encouragement

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

Post by jerlyn » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:51 am

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All sweeties!

I'm back! So tiring!

Heez.. I haven receive any invites as well. I think have to wait at least for 2 weeks after the 17th Dec'05 so stay positive gals! I bet we will be receiving them soon! Just remember to update so I can peek into my mailbox as well.

I don't think you will need perfect skin. Beauty is not eveything when it comes to this job ladies. I do admit though that it does stand a few points but in the end, it's how you stand out from the others, how you put yourself, whether you can speak good English (no need to be perfect but no singlish), whether you have good service. I think service is very very important when it comes to this line. It really shows whether you are genuine when the time comes. I think apart from taking good care of ourselves to make sure we keep our pimples at bay, we also need to restrain ourselves from speak singlish for awhile, practise good English and also correct our posture and improve our temper and patience! Just be yourself as women are most beautiful and confident when they are just being natural!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Dear Queenie-Me,

Please do not feel left out! =) Will let you know if I get or did not get the invite. Well, I believe in the judgement of SIA. Even if you did not have a diploma from a local school, I do believe that there is always exception if they find you really good like your working background? Do feel dejected yet as it's still too early! =) Please stay positive and believe in yourself ok! =) Cheer up and stay happy! By the way, I think you are very beautiful you know! :D

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Let me add on... being good is not abt qualifications, the superficial black and white. Passengers don't ask for that.. I guess what matters is the SERVICE and how far you will go for a passengar or a team mate..
yup..English and personality to stand out, its a whole jug of confidence, optimism, hardwork, cheerfulness,teamwork, independence,discipline, hospitality,good skills of communication, positive body language,clean and neat, great smile!
cheers, let's work towards that for any lacking traits.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:16 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
queenie-me wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:Dear All sweeties!

I'm back! So tiring!

Heez.. I haven receive any invites as well. I think have to wait at least for 2 weeks after the 17th Dec'05 so stay positive gals! I bet we will be receiving them soon! Just remember to update so I can peek into my mailbox as well.

I don't think you will need perfect skin. Beauty is not eveything when it comes to this job ladies. I do admit though that it does stand a few points but in the end, it's how you stand out from the others, how you put yourself, whether you can speak good English (no need to be perfect but no singlish), whether you have good service. I think service is very very important when it comes to this line. It really shows whether you are genuine when the time comes. I think apart from taking good care of ourselves to make sure we keep our pimples at bay, we also need to restrain ourselves from speak singlish for awhile, practise good English and also correct our posture and improve our temper and patience! Just be yourself as women are most beautiful and confident when they are just being natural!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Dear Queenie-Me,

Please do not feel left out! =) Will let you know if I get or did not get the invite. Well, I believe in the judgement of SIA. Even if you did not have a diploma from a local school, I do believe that there is always exception if they find you really good like your working background? Do feel dejected yet as it's still too early! =) Please stay positive and believe in yourself ok! =) Cheer up and stay happy! By the way, I think you are very beautiful you know! :D

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Hi Julie Tan,

Thank You so.. much for your encouragement. Well, I guess I have to be positive about things. Thank You all for your encouragement. singaporegrrl... you are right, what matter most is that we tried. And if I don't get any invites for this round. I'll try again for the next round. Or maybe Silkair (start with smaller planes then I'll upgrade to bigger ones. :) ) Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :D

PS: Julie Tan: how do you know I am beautiful? Seen me somewhere before?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 2:08 pm

queenie-me wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
queenie-me wrote: Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Dear Queenie-Me,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Hi Julie Tan,

Thank You so.. much for your encouragement. Well, I guess I have to be positive about things. Thank You all for your encouragement. singaporegrrl... you are right, what matter most is that we tried. And if I don't get any invites for this round. I'll try again for the next round. Or maybe Silkair (start with smaller planes then I'll upgrade to bigger ones. :) ) Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :D

PS: Julie Tan: how do you know I am beautiful? Seen me somewhere before?
My Dear Gal,

You had your picture posted right? You are very beautiful so have more confident k!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 2:14 pm

jerlyn wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
queenie-me wrote: Love all your points. But I am just soo... sad. That's because my diploma is not from local poly. And you know, there's no plus point for that. Well, I'll be positive till 1 Jan. No respone due to no invite. Anyways, do keep me inform if you got any invites. Maybe we could go together or something. So, that I won't felt left out. ;)
Dear Queenie-Me,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Let me add on... being good is not abt qualifications, the superficial black and white. Passengers don't ask for that.. I guess what matters is the SERVICE and how far you will go for a passengar or a team mate..
yup..English and personality to stand out, its a whole jug of confidence, optimism, hardwork, cheerfulness,teamwork, independence,discipline, hospitality,good skills of communication, positive body language,clean and neat, great smile!
Well Said Jerlyn,

But it seems like we have to be really perfect to get in. haha.. Anyways, Just try our best and stay positive. I believe everyone here is a winner when we just give our best shot. In the meanwhile, enjoy yourself during Christmas and Advance Happy New Year!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan (in Great Festival Mood! :D )

mamom

invitation..

Post by mamom » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 3:14 pm

hihi,

is there any1 can tell me when they will send out the invitation for Malaysian interview? isit same as Sin 1? coz its not stated...thankssss..

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 9:00 pm

I think a good way to improve your personality and interview skills is to watch America's Next Top Model. :wink: So anyways I've been waiting for the next recruitment drive for SilkAir as well. Anyone have any idea when they'll be recruiting again? I really hope it's next month.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:35 pm

I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
jerlyn wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote: Dear Queenie-Me,

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Well Said Jerlyn,

But it seems like we have to be really perfect to get in. haha.. Anyways, Just try our best and stay positive. I believe everyone here is a winner when we just give our best shot. In the meanwhile, enjoy yourself during Christmas and Advance Happy New Year!

Best Regards,

You're the best Julie!! I luv tis gal..she's so positive..very encouraging and her words always make us feel at ease. :) She never fail to make us feel good alto we knoe tat soon enuff we'll face reality. You go Julie!!

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:37 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:I think a good way to improve your personality and interview skills is to watch America's Next Top Model. :wink: So anyways I've been waiting for the next recruitment drive for SilkAir as well. Anyone have any idea when they'll be recruiting again? I really hope it's next month.
Hi singaporegrrl,

Yes! One of my favourite reality show. But they just finished their recent season right? Did not manged to catch the last season due to time spent on work is more than I'm at home. Haha.. Hope that they coming season is not far away.

I'm also looking forward to Silkair's interview as well. It seems like they are not recruiting as much and intensive as SIA. Maybe it's becasue it's more short haul so not that stressful and tiring leading to less turnover rate. But hopefully they will start recruiting soon as well. Perharps after New Year as that's when most of the people will quit after getting their bonus? My logic, which may not be logical? haha.

Best Regards,
Julie Tan

wawa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawa » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:41 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:I think a good way to improve your personality and interview skills is to watch America's Next Top Model. :wink: So anyways I've been waiting for the next recruitment drive for SilkAir as well. Anyone have any idea when they'll be recruiting again? I really hope it's next month.

Hey singaporegrrl...

how come we think alike??? tats the exact ting I did to get tips on how to pull thru for such intv. The girls seems very bubbly, cheerful, energetic & very convincing to get tyra select them for the 13 places. It actually allow us to learn the dos' & don'ts and mistakes to avoid...its indeed useful! :lol:

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:51 pm

wawa wrote:
I'M*(!_!)*Julie wrote:
jerlyn wrote: Let me add on... being good is not abt qualifications, the superficial black and white. Passengers don't ask for that.. I guess what matters is the SERVICE and how far you will go for a passengar or a team mate..
Well Said Jerlyn,

Best Regards,

You're the best Julie!! I luv tis gal..she's so positive..very encouraging and her words always make us feel at ease. :) She never fail to make us feel good alto we knoe tat soon enuff we'll face reality. You go Julie!!
Dear Wawa,

No worries, I'm glad that I made you feel great! Like what I say, even if I did not manage to get in (TOUCHWOOD), it's not the end of the world. It will be a great experience and an honour to get the invite and a great bonus to be recruited. I believe in trying your best and whether it's being paid off or not, at least you had tried and I believe if SIA recruit us, it's because of who we are, not acting someone else so just be yourself, don't get stress out! Relax and enjoy this experience! We are all so young and please take this as an experience and do not take it too hard if got rejected as there are so many things happening in this world that our worries are just so so small.

I wish everyone good health, Merry Christmas and May all who sent the application letter gets an invite from SIA Santa!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan :)

jerlyn
Regular
Regular

merry christmas!

Post by jerlyn » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 9:47 am

Hi gals i am in great festive mood..goodness.. another year flown by..
let's celebrate with joy and for once forget abt the anxiety we are craving to...carols to my house anyone?
hee... i wonder how would those overseas stewardess are celebrating there christmas away frm home..is it really that tough to be away during festive period? i tot it was a nice experience...with the advance technology..i doubt no one wouldn't noe how to use a phone? :P maybe the feeling is different..BUT cheers!

*junie*

Post by *junie* » Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:06 am

Hi all,

Anyone interested in becoming part of Emirates? They will be having a recruitment drive for cabin crew on the 30th December 2005, at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, Singapore.

Wish everyone on this forum a "Merry and Blessed Christmas" and a "Happy New Year". :D