Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 6:07 pm

I think we've got ourselves another floater Plavt #-o

At least there wasn't any Singlish/SMS language in his post!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 6:19 pm

Haha! It's alright. He's new here and just trying to get some advice. Give him some break will you? Newbies are really naive about this. I know coz I used to be one. Eventually they'll gain more knowledge. So we'll just help each other out, aight?
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 6:39 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:Haha! It's alright. He's new here and just trying to get some advice. Give him some break will you? Newbies are really naive about this. I know coz I used to be one. Eventually they'll gain more knowledge. So we'll just help each other out, aight?
Sorry Singaporegrrl, haven't had my morning caffine fix yet :)

I personally believe this thread has got too long and the same questions are coming around again and again with the same answers being given. I guess it's just too much hassle to read through 318 pages.

May I suggest the more experience posters, like yourself, Plavt and others, write a definitive list of all the criterias/ requirements needed to become a FA. Maybe also a list of common questions that keep being asked with the relevant useful answers

You could then contact the Mods/Admin and ask for it to be posted as an "Announcement" or "Sticky"

What you think Singaporegrrl, Plavt and even Quasi :o

donno
Chatter
Chatter

Post by donno » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 8:50 pm

SG grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl are you already an air stewardess?? u are nice..

Plavt, i dont appreciate sarcasm..

Saint, thanks for you back up comments..

to paige, SilkAir is looking for flight stewardess right now. HURRY!

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 9:43 pm

donno wrote: Plavt, i dont appreciate sarcasm..
Then as I said before use your common sense instead of asking silly questions. Only one of my statements was actually sarcastic which you asked for. The other questions were simple enough to which you have easy access as regards the answers. Come on now if you are serious about being a steward then you are going to have to do a lot of thinking for yourself. Look back at what I said and ask yourself just how difficult that would be?

Since you are new here you probably have not seen the 'trollop' that gets posted here, the moral of the story is find out for yourself then you can be sure. Now do yourself a favor (and this time I am not being sarcastic) and stop showing yourself up - have a look at previous posts in this thread.

Plavt.

Paige
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Paige » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:12 pm

donno wrote:SG grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl are you already an air stewardess?? u are nice..

Hi Donno,

Thanks for the info.. I had sent in my application.. Now I'm waiting for their walk-in interview...

Cheers!
:wink:

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:38 pm

donno wrote:SG grrrrrrrrrrrrrrl are you already an air stewardess?? u are nice..
Seriously? I thought I was sarcastic. My friends all know I'm one of the most sarcastic ones. LOL! Well, I'm not a FA. Just another wannabe who likes to share knowledge as well.
donno wrote:Plavt, i dont appreciate sarcasm..
Plavt wrote:Come on now if you are serious about being a steward then you are going to have to do a lot of thinking for yourself.

I agree with Plavt. When you become a FA in future, you'll face alot of sarcasm by seniors or even backstabbing collegues. HECK! It happens in the working world, regardless what job you're in. Oh I forgot, you're fresh off secondary school but this is something you really need to learn. Another thing you should note, your English proficiency should be at its best, especially conversational. You don't wish to be speaking Singlish to a western passenger, do you?
donno wrote:SilkAir is looking for flight stewardess right now. HURRY!
Where did you find this information coz I don't see any difference to the website advertisement? Similar to SQ's cabin crew advertisements, they provide a dateline(in bold) for submission of applications or dates(also in bold) of walk-in interviews.

Quasimodo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Quasimodo » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:44 pm

Honestly . . . your english is not bad at all . . . the rest . . . :lol: A joke.

Seriously, I wish Singaporegrrl gets her wish as she has really shown herself to put thought into all of this.
(well, and Plavt, but he'd look funny in a kebaya)

Go girl!
One in the hand is worth two of something

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:57 pm

Quasimodo wrote:Seriously, I wish Singaporegrrl gets her wish as she has really shown herself to put thought into all of this.
Really? Well, I hope so myself. Just awaiting for the next SilkAir recruitment drive. Really anxious for it!

Menaquinone

Post by Menaquinone » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:58 am

This is a simulation. If you can handle all sarcasms and caustic remarks on this forum. Chances are, you exhibit the potential of being an FA.

Dear Singaporeans,

Put your english knowledge to good use. Singlish is meant for connecting with your fellow citizens at a more personal level. Angmohs do not appreciate Singlish.

BTW, Singlish too also has its "Yewnik" grammar. :wink:

kind regards,
MK4

Cheesie
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheesie » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 2:25 am

Hi guys, i'm new here.. but got look through quite a few days takie over here! and relize that there a recuitment last month.. anyone knows when the next recuitment? i gonna give it a try!! haha.. must take good care of mr keke.. :shock:

ryanstarr
Regular
Regular

Post by ryanstarr » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 7:31 am

Hi there! Just download an application form from the singaporeair.com (SQ) website and send it off to HR Recruitment Cabin Crew. That's what my guy friend did last week. You'll need a full-length photo and of course, a covering letter! Cheers. :)

prince

Post by prince » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 8:48 am

hi guys, i just passed all the rounds. now waiting for training to start. actually it wasnt that difficult to pass the rounds i think. u just have to be sincere, just keep smiling and be optimistic! hehe

SK 22

Post by SK 22 » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:19 am

Anyone going to the final management interview on 8 feb, wed, 8.45am?

I'M*(!_!)*Julie
Regular
Regular

Post by I'M*(!_!)*Julie » Fri, 27 Jan 2006 2:07 pm

prince wrote:hi guys, i just passed all the rounds. now waiting for training to start. actually it wasnt that difficult to pass the rounds i think. u just have to be sincere, just keep smiling and be optimistic! hehe
Congrats Prince!!!

I believe your x factor had shone you through! Enjoy your training and good luck for your future undertakings!

Best Regards,
Julie Tan
Never Regret, As Life Is Too Short For Regrets!