Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mith.cy

Re: SIA cabin crew

Post by mith.cy » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 8:43 pm

SArah02 wrote:Hi anyone received email for the video interview yet?
Hey Sarah. I received it today in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lustypancakeee

Post by lustypancakeee » Fri, 16 Jun 2017 6:25 am

hello just wanted to enquire. do any1 of you know what is the age limit for females to apply as a cabin crew? :) thks!

curlyfries

Post by curlyfries » Tue, 20 Jun 2017 6:33 pm

um hi did anyone attend the medical on 12/13 and have y'all received any calls or rejections? :)

basti

Post by basti » Fri, 07 Jul 2017 11:23 am

As a pilot i think you should be more caution when it comes to glaucoma, you should not take it lightly. My uncle had glaucoma, and you can have his doctor check you, http://www.steveseaheyecentre.com/

He said he is a good doctor. As a pilot, you have a lot of life in your hands, so be cautious and be responsible! Thats all mate! Peace out! :D

strawberrycake898

Post by strawberrycake898 » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 12:04 am

Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi probable-future colleagues,

I think SIA ramped up recruitment efforts by opening another channel for interviews because the walk-in interviews usually takes up 1 whole day, with little yield. Bypassing the Day 1 interviews (usually Senior Cabin Crew) with the online interview would be followed up by the Management round.

The process seems similar to that of Day 2 after the walk-in interviews. They would allocate a time-slot for selected individuals to report, along with their stated documents (inclusive of bankbook, photograph, certificates, etc.)

So here's my take on it. Hopefully you could use it as an advantage!

Management round; Get interviewed by Top Management in SIA
- DONT WEAR COLORED CONTACTS/MAXI EYES. ONLY NORMAL, TRANSPARENT CONTACT LENSES.
- The management would want to see that you have the what it takes. That would mean the minimal of possessing high conscientiousness (careful & vigilant), adaptability (open to critics), posture, and how you carry yourself as a person.
- After changing pass, you would have to enter STC and proceed to the auditorium to get seated (might have to fill in forms prior). *Please note to be consistent in declaring everything. I.e. Medical history that you might have reported during the online interviews. Especially PES Status for guys still/serving National Service.*
- One by one names would be called in for the management interview. Again, you would be given additional forms for filling (bank details & agreeing to T&Cs).
- After which its time for the interview by Management. This is where you'll start panicking and wondering whether you get the "nice or not nice" interviewers. My take on it is that just walk in with an open mind. Irregardless of who they are, tell them about you like how you would to anyone. Prepare yourself to the things they might ask / comment on you.
- Upon entering, there would be 2 interviewers seated behind a table on the far end of the room. Your designated chair would be just beside the door. Do not attempt to move your chair all the way to their table, as they want to see how your posture is like. Also perhaps a way to see if you are confident by nature. Sit with your legs together, and hands on your lap.

Things they might ask:
1) Tell a little about yourself (hobbies, personality)
- Make it brief, but interesting. Something 'fresh' that would make them consider you.
2) Why did you choose SIA over other airlines?
- During my interview, i said the taboo "I always wanted to fly with SQ because its a childhood dream". Fret not, this evidently does not warrant you a boot-out. Perhaps you could add in something like, "Whenever i saw CC in the arrival hall, i felt the prestige in their uniforms."

Things they might comment:
1) Your hair is not appropriate as a CC.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will get it rectified before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.
2) You dont look good with a hair bun because your ears are too 'pointy'.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will cut a bob hair style before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.

I understand that some of the things they might say are mean/overly brutal, but they are just observing to see whether you can take their critics, and how you respond tactfully to them.

Just be yourself, and explain to them in proper English. However, it is not advisable to over-sell yourself.

Once you're done, you would be told to proceed to a waiting area while they tabulate your scores. Shortlisted people would be told to move on to the Skin check (girl & guys) & Sarong Kebaya fitting (girls only). There should be ample time while waiting for your turn; use the time to touch up on your make-up (for girls, face & body), to ensure that your face is not too oily and does not gleam under the light.

Guys would have to walk in a straight line, and roll up your sleeves to check for scarring until your elbow. They would also measure your height and weight to see if you fall below/over the BMI range.

[I'm not too sure] For girls, there would be a rack of Kebayas for you. You are to choose the one of your fitting and don it well. If you're unable to get a sizing of your own, ask politely for the staff there to assist you. Anything that is not covered by the Kebaya (google image it) will be scrutinized for scarring. So do touch up with concealers prior to going in.

If you make it, you move onto the final part which is done by their HR. This is when they would let you know which day to go for your medicals (usually the next day), and get your availability dates as to when you can commence training.

With that being said, all the best to you guys & girls! I'll be starting training soon and wont be active anymore. You can drop me a DM with your mobile number and ill try my best to answer all your queries!

HI, can I ask if they boot people out during the height test during the kebaya round? anyone knows?

bakeordie

Post by bakeordie » Sun, 09 Jul 2017 10:15 am

strawberrycake898 wrote:
Tedyuntianhu wrote:Hi probable-future colleagues,

I think SIA ramped up recruitment efforts by opening another channel for interviews because the walk-in interviews usually takes up 1 whole day, with little yield. Bypassing the Day 1 interviews (usually Senior Cabin Crew) with the online interview would be followed up by the Management round.

The process seems similar to that of Day 2 after the walk-in interviews. They would allocate a time-slot for selected individuals to report, along with their stated documents (inclusive of bankbook, photograph, certificates, etc.)

So here's my take on it. Hopefully you could use it as an advantage!

Management round; Get interviewed by Top Management in SIA
- DONT WEAR COLORED CONTACTS/MAXI EYES. ONLY NORMAL, TRANSPARENT CONTACT LENSES.
- The management would want to see that you have the what it takes. That would mean the minimal of possessing high conscientiousness (careful & vigilant), adaptability (open to critics), posture, and how you carry yourself as a person.
- After changing pass, you would have to enter STC and proceed to the auditorium to get seated (might have to fill in forms prior). *Please note to be consistent in declaring everything. I.e. Medical history that you might have reported during the online interviews. Especially PES Status for guys still/serving National Service.*
- One by one names would be called in for the management interview. Again, you would be given additional forms for filling (bank details & agreeing to T&Cs).
- After which its time for the interview by Management. This is where you'll start panicking and wondering whether you get the "nice or not nice" interviewers. My take on it is that just walk in with an open mind. Irregardless of who they are, tell them about you like how you would to anyone. Prepare yourself to the things they might ask / comment on you.
- Upon entering, there would be 2 interviewers seated behind a table on the far end of the room. Your designated chair would be just beside the door. Do not attempt to move your chair all the way to their table, as they want to see how your posture is like. Also perhaps a way to see if you are confident by nature. Sit with your legs together, and hands on your lap.

Things they might ask:
1) Tell a little about yourself (hobbies, personality)
- Make it brief, but interesting. Something 'fresh' that would make them consider you.
2) Why did you choose SIA over other airlines?
- During my interview, i said the taboo "I always wanted to fly with SQ because its a childhood dream". Fret not, this evidently does not warrant you a boot-out. Perhaps you could add in something like, "Whenever i saw CC in the arrival hall, i felt the prestige in their uniforms."

Things they might comment:
1) Your hair is not appropriate as a CC.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will get it rectified before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.
2) You dont look good with a hair bun because your ears are too 'pointy'.
- Your response: Thank you for pointing it out for me. I will cut a bob hair style before the commencement of training if I'm shortlisted.

I understand that some of the things they might say are mean/overly brutal, but they are just observing to see whether you can take their critics, and how you respond tactfully to them.

Just be yourself, and explain to them in proper English. However, it is not advisable to over-sell yourself.

Once you're done, you would be told to proceed to a waiting area while they tabulate your scores. Shortlisted people would be told to move on to the Skin check (girl & guys) & Sarong Kebaya fitting (girls only). There should be ample time while waiting for your turn; use the time to touch up on your make-up (for girls, face & body), to ensure that your face is not too oily and does not gleam under the light.

Guys would have to walk in a straight line, and roll up your sleeves to check for scarring until your elbow. They would also measure your height and weight to see if you fall below/over the BMI range.

[I'm not too sure] For girls, there would be a rack of Kebayas for you. You are to choose the one of your fitting and don it well. If you're unable to get a sizing of your own, ask politely for the staff there to assist you. Anything that is not covered by the Kebaya (google image it) will be scrutinized for scarring. So do touch up with concealers prior to going in.

If you make it, you move onto the final part which is done by their HR. This is when they would let you know which day to go for your medicals (usually the next day), and get your availability dates as to when you can commence training.

With that being said, all the best to you guys & girls! I'll be starting training soon and wont be active anymore. You can drop me a DM with your mobile number and ill try my best to answer all your queries!

HI, can I ask if they boot people out during the height test during the kebaya round? anyone knows?
They definitely will. If you're even 0.1cm shorter than 158cm, you can and will be eliminated! They're very strict on the physical checks

freeofjeff

Post by freeofjeff » Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:08 pm

hello guys! :D :D :D :D

Im from Malaysia and there will be an interview in early of August.

I am a guy and I have a small tattoo at my lower arm (which unable to see if wearing long sleeve)

I'm planning to use bb cream or foundation to cover it, but declare in the application form

Just wondering will they boot me out without checking my arm?

I am worry about my age does not meet their requirement too :mrgreen:

Oxkmrn

Post by Oxkmrn » Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:27 pm

Hi guys. I just sent in my online application. Anyone got their invitation for video interview yet? :)

mith.cy

Post by mith.cy » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 12:39 am

Hello people. Anybody tried the online interview?

Amphitrite

Post by Amphitrite » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 4:09 am

mith.cy wrote:Hello people. Anybody tried the online interview?

Helloooo , I just sent my digital interview in today~

Oxkmrn

Post by Oxkmrn » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 6:01 am

Me too!! Not sure if I screwed it up... My answers were not very good ](*,)

My questions (can't remember exactly!)
1. How would your best friend describe you?
2. Something about explaining how you have demonstrated leadership
3. Cant remember....... #-o

Amphitrite

Post by Amphitrite » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 5:27 pm

Oxkmrn wrote:Me too!! Not sure if I screwed it up... My answers were not very good ](*,)

My questions (can't remember exactly!)
1. How would your best friend describe you?
2. Something about explaining how you have demonstrated leadership
3. Cant remember....... #-o
Same questions given! The last one was it something like "what would you do if you were to stop people from quarrelling"

Oxkmrn

Post by Oxkmrn » Sat, 29 Jul 2017 7:49 pm

Ah, that wasn't my 3rd question though! So nervous, checking inbox everyday hahah

inoshikero

Post by inoshikero » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:21 am

Oxkmrn wrote:Ah, that wasn't my 3rd question though! So nervous, checking inbox everyday hahah
hi! they will only mass send email to those who are selected on 7th August 6pm.

Oxkmrn

Post by Oxkmrn » Mon, 31 Jul 2017 8:08 am

Haha yeah I think I read something about them mass sending in the earlier pages. But still--can't help but to check! :lol: