Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:28 am

Hmm i am thinking if you failed a couple of times already, you shld go back, ask the interviewers y they fail u, and y u fail so many times. find out whether there's something major that makes u unfit for the position, or is there something that u can change before you go back again. =D im sure they will be willing to help.
rurik0 wrote:hmm... i'm thinking like what if i try 20+ times and still din get thru... den almost waste 2yrs? or so... so does it really pay to be so determined? Is there a point whr u shud give up? and will they really be so 'evil' to fail you sooo many times. Each failure is so demoralising..... (am i thinkin too much?) =(

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:32 am

HAHA! u could donate some to me. =X
DeeeNah wrote:
autumn-reverie wrote:Hey wawaa,
haha yup inclusive of weekends :D don't worry it'll be real soon babe!

Hey joyfulpapaya,
haha couldn't breathe both during the kebaya test and uniform fitting at the seamstress *blush* the problem lies with me :P
The 1st kebaya I took, the top was way too tight for me. I have pretty ample boobs thats why it's so hard to find the right size for me. Luckily I managed to find one tt could zip up, but was a little bit tight for me. Haha, I understand what you mean when it's hard to breathe. The kebaya gives a whole new meaning to the word "SKIN TIGHT"

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:42 am

Dearest all,

i can totally empathise with ruriko...i have been to the recruitment drive twice and sometimes i also wonder if going repeatedly really help...but i guess to a certain extent it does....as you will be less anxious & thus appear to be more confident during the rounds! for my first time, i was out during WCT, i was totally shattered! I do not know exactly what went wrong, perhaps i was too underweight ( 43kg, 164m )....for the 2nd time, out during kebaya....then, the interviewer was assessing me & i kept wanting to move away thinking she wants me to move on to skin check....eventually, she told me "u can change,no need to go for skin check!" immediately, i knew that its gone!

So, i guess i will keep trying until im tired one day & realise that there is no point pursuing it...if not, we should just go for it if the desires is burning strongly in us!guess through all these so called "failures", we all learnt something valuable!

So, dear ruriko and many around, hang on! press on as perservance develops character, character develops faith, faith develops hope!
.CEL.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:42 am

Hello my dear,

It really is more of a hassle lah! Argh, I am waiting my phone so eagerly. When will they call?????? LOL

Greenlife
Regular
Regular

Post by Greenlife » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:45 am

Dear all,

I need some advise from you guys and gals..
I am intending attend the walk in in this coming July, this is my 3rd tried.
my frens told me sometimes the interviewer may ask you 'why you want to be FA and why joining SIA?'

I'm not sure how to answer them if they really ask me such questions.
Could anyone help me or advise me?

Thanks in advance.

Greenlife

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:48 am

CelT wrote:Dearest all,

i can totally empathise with ruriko...i have been to the recruitment drive twice and sometimes i also wonder if going repeatedly really help...but i guess to a certain extent it does....as you will be less anxious & thus appear to be more confident during the rounds! for my first time, i was out during WCT, i was totally shattered! I do not know exactly what went wrong, perhaps i was too underweight ( 43kg, 164m )....for the 2nd time, out during kebaya....then, the interviewer was assessing me & i kept wanting to move away thinking she wants me to move on to skin check....eventually, she told me "u can change,no need to go for skin check!" immediately, i knew that its gone!

So, i guess i will keep trying until im tired one day & realise that there is no point pursuing it...if not, we should just go for it if the desires is burning strongly in us!guess through all these so called "failures", we all learnt something valuable!

So, dear ruriko and many around, hang on! press on as perservance develops character, character develops faith, faith develops hope!
I agree wholeheartedly. Each experience will give you the chance to reflect on what has went wrong and will give you the confidence and drive to try harder for the next round. Please do try again. I know of a friend of mine who is so afraid to try as she might get rejected. To this I can say, I would rather have tried and failed rather than not trying at all:)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:49 am

Greenlife wrote:Dear all,

my frens told me sometimes the interviewer may ask you 'why you want to be FA and why joining SIA?'

Thanks in advance.

Greenlife
Hi Greenlife,

I believe this is an answer only you can answer? If you try to memorize some model answer from this forum it might sound meaningless and fake? Ask youself, look down into yourself and ask WHY DO YOU WANNA BE A FA?

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:55 am

haha! its also a hassle to always struggle filling up nice plunge neck tops. O.O

And i am the most worried person here. ur medical examination was smooth, unlike mine. =( so sad n scareD!!!!
DeeeNah wrote:Hello my dear,

It really is more of a hassle lah! Argh, I am waiting my phone so eagerly. When will they call?????? LOL

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:21 am

DeeeNah wrote:
Greenlife wrote:Dear all,

Thanks in advance.

Greenlife
Hi Greenlife,

I believe this is an answer only you can answer? If you try to memorize some model answer from this forum it might sound meaningless and fake? Ask youself, look down into yourself and ask WHY DO YOU WANNA BE A FA?
i do agree with deeenah.... & u will appear so fake as u r recriting what u memorised... that was what a girl in my grp did the previous time... all of us was like 'diao' when she started speaking... but still trying hard to keept the smile on our faces... haha...

greenlife it gotta be my second try... let's work hard together ok? :wink:

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 1:34 pm

DeeeNah wrote:Cantswim,

I admire your hard work. You will see the results of your hard work and determination soon :) Good luck on the 15th! :)
dear deenah, im not going 4 de july15..
I decide my future.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 1:44 pm

Dear Greenlife,

as what bliss & deeenah said, dont memorise....be yourself...passion can be revealed through the things u said...if its just plain memorising, & u dont actually feel strongly to what was said, the interviewer knows....especially at the third round 1 to 1.....

They are really looking beyond what we think.....just asked yrself a few qns & ans yrself by jotting it down...why do u want to be a FSS?why not any 9 to 5 job?....what is the passion that is driving you on to go for the 3rd time?...why SIA & not the other airlines?..these are some qns u can think about....

There are no standard answer to be shortlisted.....my sis applied a few years back....then at one of the rounds ( in the past, it was some kind of group discussion ), the interviewer asked her group which countries they ever have been to....everyone was like competing to speak....but my sis was very quiet...then the interviewer just asked her directly, she answered very honestly & frankly that the furthest she ever went was Johor Bahru.....& probably added some reasons to that....hers wasnt the perfect answer people would consider.....but still she was seelcted....

So, be yourself, show them what you have...enjoy the interview & take it as a bold experience....!

keep on going....I be going as well on the 15th! :D
.CEL.

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 1:50 pm

CelT wrote:Dearest all,

i tried a few times 4 other airlines, 1st time SIA in june10.
like wat u said, nvr give up!!

my mom & sis said dat im wasting my time.
i told them dat i wasted nothing, i gained something everytime i went 4 intview. den i said,"Einstein succeeded after he failed 99 times!!!"

whoaa...seems like my desires still burning strongly :lol:
I decide my future.

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 1:58 pm

go cantswim go go go!

me too...its burning strongly in me.....pity that you are not going for the coming one....but its ok....! for the next one, to bring us good news... :D
.CEL.

cantswim
Regular
Regular

Post by cantswim » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 2:05 pm

CelT wrote:go cantswim go go go!

me too...its burning strongly in me.....pity that you are not going for the coming one....but its ok....! for the next one, to bring us good news... :D

SURE~~~ [-o<
I decide my future.

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 2:12 pm

let's hope everyone brings good news back ok??? [-o<