Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Oceanic

average

Post by Oceanic » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:21 am

yup, guess they have to maintain the "quality' in numbers

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:33 am

lol in the end.. the result will be the same i guess
after management onlt 10% of overall interviewees will get thru.

jiayou jiayou. we'll all be the top 10% alright!!

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:39 am

rainschocolate wrote:lol in the end.. the result will be the same i guess

hope so!

raine, you're posting like every other minute man. lol. go do your report! go!

Oceanic

Good Luck

Post by Oceanic » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:45 am

all the best!

isabelle85

Post by isabelle85 » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:11 am

hey..any one who have went for the final interview already asked about the duration of the SIA bond (not the contract to get the lump sum)? I read from another topic in this forum that its no longer 2 years but 5 years...oh gosh..i hope its not true

Oceanic

contract bond

Post by Oceanic » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:15 am

yes isabelle, its true. I turned down the offer in the end aniwaes.

PM me if u have any more questions :)

cheers

rolly-polly

contract bond

Post by rolly-polly » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:44 am

then its a risk isnt it? 5 yrs isnt a short one...

rainschocolate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rainschocolate » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:34 pm

hafiz_ wrote:
rainschocolate wrote:lol in the end.. the result will be the same i guess

hope so!

raine, you're posting like every other minute man. lol. go do your report! go!

hahaha hafiz don't like that lar~~~

anyway. i'm going out!! lol

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 3:01 pm

5 years bond or 5 years contract??? I don't think any one will join SIA if it is a 5 years bond
:???:

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 3:13 pm

Abercrombie wrote:5 years bond or 5 years contract??? I don't think any one will join SIA if it is a 5 years bond
orh???

for mine is still 2 year bond, 5 year contract leh...
Soaring above all

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:00 pm

isabelle85 wrote:hey..any one who have went for the final interview already asked about the duration of the SIA bond (not the contract to get the lump sum)? I read from another topic in this forum that its no longer 2 years but 5 years...oh gosh..i hope its not true
I guess they get confuse with the bond and contract. Bond = You have to finish serving it or else you will have to pay back the company the training fee. Contract = You can quit anytime after serving the bond by giving a 7 or 14 days notice to the company. The company will decide upon the completion
of the contract whether to offer you another 5 year contract base on your service record for the past 5 years. If they decided not to, then you are out of job :cry: Hope this clarify the difference between the two.

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:03 pm

VeniE wrote:
Abercrombie wrote:5 years bond or 5 years contract??? I don't think any one will join SIA if it is a 5 years bond
orh???

for mine is still 2 year bond, 5 year contract leh...
So its confirm that the bond is still < 5 years lah...

Btw what is the duration of the training (3.5mth or 4mth?) and the bond now after you pass out from the training (14mth?)

MirageBomb

Post by MirageBomb » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:26 pm

Abercrombie wrote:
isabelle85 wrote:hey..any one who have went for the final interview already asked about the duration of the SIA bond (not the contract to get the lump sum)? I read from another topic in this forum that its no longer 2 years but 5 years...oh gosh..i hope its not true
I guess they get confuse with the bond and contract. Bond = You have to finish serving it or else you will have to pay back the company the training fee. Contract = You can quit anytime after serving the bond by giving a 7 or 14 days notice to the company. The company will decide upon the completion
of the contract whether to offer you another 5 year contract base on your service record for the past 5 years. If they decided not to, then you are out of job :cry: Hope this clarify the difference between the two.
When I went for my final interview this weds (26th), I was told the bond was 5 years. Bond. Not contract. It was the Malay coordinator up the front who relayed this piece of info. She said the terms had changed since the batch before us. I believe the words she used were "No more 2 year bond, now the full 5 years." We asked her after the interviews were done.. we'd been waiting to see if anyone else would pass n accompany us for the medical.

I've been trying to verify this info. If it's accurate at all, I'll have 2nd thoughts bout signing on. Anyhooz, I'll know once I get called down.. will read the t&c carefully.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:45 pm

Wa 5 years bond!!! It can't be that much to train a Cabin Crew. After makaning the Cabin Crew for sooooo many years now they are even makaning the Trainees, how low can they go :cry: Do check if it is a reducing amount ( the more year you serve the less you pay) I can say about 50% of the Stewardess quit before the 5 years contract is up, so a 5 year bond is very very risky if the amount is big :shock:

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 5:20 pm

hoo...if tats the case. I guess not many pple will want to sign on with SIA...the 2 yrs bond is allrite..but imagine it's 5 yrs :???:

Hope the bond is still 2 yrs :)