Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:52 pm

Hikari82 wrote:Sokeai... I cant be your batch mate liao... mission failed... reason for death = unknown.... welll i will try harder next time....I was the 3rd person in... the ger b4 me failed too~ only the 1st one got in. the rest i not sure liao.. arghhh i hate this sucky feeling.

there's always next time to try (: just don't give up okay? let's work together to achieve our dreams.

maybe you could share what questions you were asked and how you answered them. we could help you out, and might be able to see where you've gone wrong?

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:00 pm

Hikari82 wrote:Sokeai... I cant be your batch mate liao... mission failed... reason for death = unknown.... welll i will try harder next time....I was the 3rd person in... the ger b4 me failed too~ only the 1st one got in. the rest i not sure liao.. arghhh i hate this sucky feeling.
Oh that's sad, don't give up Hikari, once your ban is lifted must try again ok? There is still plenty of time from now till June.

Try recalling what are the qns posted to you and i'll try to see if we can help out?

Cheerup & Jiayou!!
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:01 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: My apologies. I took "outing" to mean something else (the scolding of others or the divulging of personal information) I don't always have enough time to read 20 pages of quotes within quotes within quotes (it's silly and it just takes up useless quantities of pages for absolutely no reason). That's what happens when one moderates and tries to hold down a busy position as well.

Again, my apologies for misreading the post that had been quoted by Plavt. :oops:
No worries :) Perhaps all of us mistaken outing as gathering and vice versa. Thanks for posting despite of your busy workload.
Last edited by Sokeai on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there!

Sokeai
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Sokeai » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:02 pm

serray wrote:
Sokeai wrote:I think you can try to take MRT till Expo or Pasir Ris station and change a cab? It's quite a far bit of walking if you want to change from MRT to bus.

I took cab from my place (hougang) to STC for my interview, total come up to $5 per person, split the cost with Ben that time for mgmt.
thnx sokeai!
You're welcome hehe :D Jia you!
Hello there!

iwannefly
Regular
Regular

Post by iwannefly » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 1:30 pm

same .. i hate that feeling too.. and the after effect is worst ... :(

Anyway.. we'll try again after the 3 months ban... and hopefully we can get in on our next try...

for now.. we have to get back our confidence and oso improve on the mistake that we made during the final.. juz keep reflecting and improve..

Jia you .. and i believe one day our dreams will definitely comes true... ^^ most importantly is that we don give up...
Will not give up my dream to fly!! =D
I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

chinger810609

Post by chinger810609 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:16 pm

agree! Actually eating out at overseas is not that expensive. for example, you can spend your lunch/dinner at 7-10 aussie dollar in australia. 6-10 english pounds in london. since SGD currency is big, u don't really spend much on eating. of course, u might like to ance a while pamper urself with gucci or coach handbag...being a cabin crew can really earn lot.

quote="Abercrombie"]I have known crew who save $30000 a year and $1000 a year, so very much is up to you and what kind of lifestyle you want. Set yourself a target on how much to save a month then don't go over budget. Branded stuff are up to you, if you have spare $$ then buy loh, food cannot stingy too much as it will affect your health. I would say that if you can save $20000 a year working on ground and don't enjoy traveling as you want to have more time in SIN then you don't need this job. It will be better to built a career and not flying. After all this job is for people who like to enjoy themselves while oversea to eat, shop, sight seeing, earn $$ so can spend more $$ type. There are also crew who are alway alone oversea as they don't go out of the room, they are the one who can save $30000-$40000 a year. If you are those boring type and can tahan loneliness then its ok. :wink: You can live on S$10-20 a day on food anywhere in this world, so do your own calculation on the expenses as only you yoursely know what kind of lifestyle you want. Hope that helps.[/quote]

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 2:38 pm

hi all,

i too have scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and i underwent an op 7yrs back.

I went for the walk-in and din get pass thru the kebaya round!

cos my back is slightly uneven. the lady asked me to walk again ponder a little bit den asked for second opinion.

den tada booted out.

i tot i had a chance u see!

im afraid to try again now :(

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:15 pm

mimidee wrote:hi all,

Cruel as it sounds forget it, if they saw that once you can be sure they will see it again. :( The job would probably do you a mischief, still plenty of other jobs with an airline if that's what you want.

mimidee

Post by mimidee » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:19 pm

Plavt wrote:

Cruel as it sounds forget it, if they saw that once you can be sure they will see it again. :( The job would probably do you a mischief, still plenty of other jobs with an airline if that's what you want.

i agree. but i took it as it wasnt a direct rejection :)

cos my cousin used to fly with SIA and she too had this uneven-ess of the back and i rmb vividly her in the kebaya with one side of the shoulder blade protruding out more than the other side.

so yea i shall seeeeeeeek advice from her soon

look on the bright bright side! :wink:

amie_1979

Post by amie_1979 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:27 pm

Plavt wrote:

For my oversea airline interview, the final interview was the most intimidating when they call you back on the same day.

Be prepared mentally. You are asked to sit before a panel and they quiz you and sometimes do not seem so friendly – in fact, they put an act to test your confidence level and composure. They want to make sure you do not buckle under pressure and can remain friendly and calm throughout the interview.

At this level, they are trying to make sure they have dedicated people and not people just trying to fly for free. Afterwards, they invited me to begin training at the earliest possible date

So sometimes if you are nervous, you just can't outsmart the interviewee. :evil:

amie_1979

Post by amie_1979 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:38 pm

amie_1979 wrote: So sometimes if you are nervous, you just can't outsmart the interviewee. :evil:
apologise, i mean interviewers! 8-)

basically, remain the 3 C's - Calm, Cool and Collected.
as i mentioned for my USA based airline, the final interview is not all friendly, they really act as though they are nastiest customers and scare you and see if you will budge, so see beyond that and practise as if you are cooling down the real nasty customers on board. ;)

also, be ULTRA conscious of your posture and gesture as it can easily give yourself away without you knowing. the interviewers are trained to detect any traces of nervousness or fearfulness in this round. don't think subconsciously that "if i don't get the job, i will die" mentally to give urself unnecessary pressure- yes i share your passion but don't over exert urself that causes you to perform less than expected.

good luck girls and enjoy sharing the piece of sky!

amie_1979

Post by amie_1979 » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:48 pm

By the way, if you call interview is a pressure, wait till you really feel what is pressure when we have to do this during the 10 weeks training! I wonder if SIA has that as part of their training program!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQAWy7dGlA

:???:

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 3:57 pm

pinklittlefigure wrote:
mentelism wrote:It is stated in SIA rules and regulations that tattooed and drawn on eyebrows are not allowed and eyebrows must be shaped.
It is better to start leaving the eyebrow alone so it has enough time to make its regrowth.
u mean for those who naturally draw eyebrow because they have very light hair nt acceptable??... bt almost all the crew draw eyebrow mah....
The eyebrow should not be scrawny and they should at least be some "real" eyebrow that can be seen. Drawing eyebrow is to make the eyebrow even and visible. Most importantly, you should not have thin and sparse eyebrow and if you do now, let it grow out before heading to a beautician to shaped them :D[/quote]

hmm... i shld say that my eyebrow is nt thin bt its very fine... so u'll see if dun wear pencil to draw u have to really come near to see... hehe... :lol:

mentelism

Post by mentelism » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

hey just to share with you,i have a friend who is 157 and she got through Silk Air :)[/quote]

yup its nt surprisin coz i did pass thru all stages w/o a prob...

streets
Regular
Regular

Post by streets » Wed, 30 Jan 2008 4:07 pm

amie_1979 wrote:By the way, if you call interview is a pressure, wait till you really feel what is pressure when we have to do this during the 10 weeks training! I wonder if SIA has that as part of their training program!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAQAWy7dGlA

:???:

wow, cool!!

Being a FA is really not easy. We have to be all rounders and flexible!! Like for instance, thick skinned, yet humble.

Rough, yet demure.

o.O"