Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 4:13 pm

hi FAwannabe,

are u going for the emirates inteview in JB and the qatar interview in sg on the 9th sept?

Paige

Post by Paige » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 4:26 pm

LynneLai wrote:Hi to all the worried people out there,

Dont think too much or woory too much about too short or too old, it all depends on individual and your luck too! Trust me!

I am currently flying for SIA for 6 months already, I just received my Letter of Confirmation 4 days back. Am really happy!

And I am standing only at 1.56m. Actually I tried 4 times, before I finally got in. But that's not important. What is important is... I got in! And I passed my probation already!!

My colleague's buddy, is 28 years old, turning 29 this coming October. But she still got in when she went for the interview last year.

So you see girls, there is hope!!
Hi Lynn,

After seeing ur message, you really give me hope again, as you are a living example to me! So, in ur 3rd interview, when they measure ur height again its 156cm and they let u in? Mayb you have the x-factor..
Congrats..
Paige :)

LynneLai

Post by LynneLai » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 4:48 pm

:) X-Factor??... me.... hahaha! I really cant answer that... I dont know if they see me as having the X-Factor they are looking for annot... but maybe the other candidates were not as strong during my interview, so i can just say I am lucky...

Yes, at the 3rd interview they measured my height again, and passed me through... the lady was simply been nice. Or maybe they accepted me because I look nice in the Kebaya...because during the kebaya test, one of the interviewers actually commented that I look rather good in the uniform even though, its not tailored to my size.... that's a great motivation!! :):)

In addition, Airline Companies are mostly looking for girls above 158 so as to make sure they can reach the upper compartment of the plane to assist the passengers in putting and carrying down their luggages...

For me, I have to tip-toe before i can put the luggages into the compartment... but with the SIA sandles on, that's still not a problem for me... just have to stretch a bit....

I have a friend, Maylene, who is 154m, very pretty! Very sweet-looking seriously! If you all can remember, she is in the show Shooting Stars, acting as Sly's gf. She is a part-time model since school days.... We went to the same Poly and took the same course, Legal Studies. She has got so many suitors in school. She wanted to join SIA, went for intierview for a couple of times, but despite her pretty face, SIA cant take her because of height problem.... as she will have problem reaching the upper compartment while working.... that's the reason why Girls....

Bubblegum

Post by Bubblegum » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 5:00 pm

LynneLai wrote::) X-Factor??... me.... hahaha! I really cant answer that... I dont know if they see me as having the X-Factor they are looking for annot... but maybe the other candidates were not as strong during my interview, so i can just say I am lucky...

Yes, at the 3rd interview they measured my height again, and passed me through... the lady was simply been nice. Or maybe they accepted me because I look nice in the Kebaya...because during the kebaya test, one of the interviewers actually commented that I look rather good in the uniform even though, its not tailored to my size.... that's a great motivation!! :):)

In addition, Airline Companies are mostly looking for girls above 158 so as to make sure they can reach the upper compartment of the plane to assist the passengers in putting and carrying down their luggages...

For me, I have to tip-toe before i can put the luggages into the compartment... but with the SIA sandles on, that's still not a problem for me... just have to stretch a bit....

I have a friend, Maylene, who is 154m, very pretty! Very sweet-looking seriously! If you all can remember, she is in the show Shooting Stars, acting as Sly's girlfriend. She is a part-time model since school days.... We went to the same Poly and took the same course, Legal Studies. She has got so many suitors in school. She wanted to join SIA, went for intierview for a couple of times, but despite her pretty face, SIA cant take her because of height problem.... as she will have problem reaching the upper compartment while working.... that's the reason why Girls....
Hi Lynne,

wow so lucky u, to get into SQ! Btw, wats ur qualifications? From what i know, if u have a degree and above, they'll let u in no matter ur height. I guess u're not those too skinny type, thats y the kebaya looks great on u! :D

Can u tell us more abt the culture in SQ? The crew inside, are they really that zappy? And the monthly salary u get? Thanks! :lol:

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 6:43 pm

does anyone know anything abt the emirates interview in JB? Where do we send the resume to? Anyone know rthe address or online website of SASS that help emirates recruit cabin crews?

Belle07

Hi...

Post by Belle07 » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 8:26 pm

Hi people..

Im new here. Been reading bout ur stewardess topic and kind of interested to join in. Nway...i hav tried appling for SIA F/S too since 1999. But till now, no luck. :( :cry: I usually failed in the 1st interview round or not being shortlisted. I know it might sound stupid but im still pinning hope to be shortlisted some day. But i juz dont understant SIA. :?: I met all their requirement - 1.58m, Adv. Diploma holder. But my Adv Dip is from a private institute. Do u tink tat could be the problem to me not being shortlisted. Im 26 tis year. I hoped tat u guys can giv me ur opinion. And is there any F/S who has a Diploma from private institute? I really hoped to hear from u guys esp from the current F/S. Thanks a lot…

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:09 pm

Maybe the smile? From what i noe, u need to have a pleasant and sincere smile.. even veri pretty gers were turned away coz their smiles are not approachable..

of coz, dat does not mean u dun haf it.. if u reallie wan to noe, try asking the interviewer and u can improve on yur weakness... :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:18 pm

LynneLai wrote:Hi to all the worried people out there,

Dont think too much or woory too much about too short or too old, it all depends on individual and your luck too! Trust me!

I am currently flying for SIA for 6 months already, I just received my Letter of Confirmation 4 days back. Am really happy!

And I am standing only at 1.56m. Actually I tried 4 times, before I finally got in. But that's not important. What is important is... I got in! And I passed my probation already!!

My colleague's buddy, is 28 years old, turning 29 this coming October. But she still got in when she went for the interview last year.

All the best to you Lyn
So you see girls, there is hope!!
All the best to you Lynne Lai, hope your years at SIA will be happy and trouble free. Although I have never worked in the airline industry (gleaned a good deal of information while travelling) I would say to all those who don't succeed first time give it another go, there is more than one girl who tried considerably more than four times. Best wishes to you all.

Post by Guest » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:20 pm

btw, kym ng tried 11 or 12 times b4 getting in... so that says something abt the looks... its nt everthing...

becky

Post by becky » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:02 pm

jas wrote:i think so, i'm from malaysia, but i'm working in sg now.
hey jas, am going on the 11th of sept, 8:50am in KL

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:25 pm

Bubblegum wrote:
LynneLai wrote::) X-Factor??... me.... hahaha! I really cant answer that... I dont know if they see me as having the X-Factor they are looking for annot... but maybe the other candidates were not as strong during my interview, so i can just say I am lucky...

I have a friend, Maylene, who is 154m, very pretty! Very sweet-looking seriously! If you all can remember, she is in the show Shooting Stars, acting as Sly's girlfriend. She is a part-time model since school days.... We went to the same Poly and took the same course, Legal Studies. She has got so many suitors in school. She wanted to join SIA, went for intierview for a couple of times, but despite her pretty face, SIA cant take her because of height problem.... as she will have problem reaching the upper compartment while working.... that's the reason why Girls....
Hi Lynne,

wow so lucky u, to get into SQ! Btw, wats ur qualifications? From what i know, if u have a degree and above, they'll let u in no matter ur height. I guess u're not those too skinny type, thats y the kebaya looks great on u! :D

Can u tell us more abt the culture in SQ? The crew inside, are they really that zappy? And the monthly salary u get? Thanks! :lol:
Hi Bubblegum,

It's not true to say that SIA will take you in just cause you have a degree. I have a degree, went for the interview and failed the 1st round.

Lynne,

Thanks for all the encouraging info =)

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:29 am

Hi Lynne,
You are really lucky... As for me, i tried a couple of times after my diploma and then a couple of times after my degree. I oways being kicked out after they measure my height or not shortlisted at all... really pretty upset though..
Mind showing me ur foto of u wearing the kebaya? or mayb u can send to me? or do u have friendster? Haiz.. my bf's dad is a IFS, but he doesn't encourage me to become a cabin crew at all.. Did u wait to apply after 6 months of interval or juz try and try whenever they have opening? Now i had put on a little weight compare to me after my diploma.. I'm those fleshly type.. :?
Please advise.
Paige.. :(

Post by Guest » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:44 am

hi, found this info from another SIA forum and seems like the next batch of trainee stewardess will start like in dec. so i suppose SIA isn't going to recruit anymore cabin crew till next. guess the SIA interview in KL on 11th sept is the last of this year..

maybe can try other airlines for the moment...

Start sometime before xmas?? That's like in another 4 - 5 mths!! For those who are unemployed, wonder what they're gonna do for this long period of time.

yalor.. the lady told the gals who are unemployed to get a part time job first.
I dun think they are really in need of stewardess right now. :)

Post by Guest » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:48 am

Paige wrote:

Hi Lynne,
You are really lucky... As for me, i tried a couple of times after my diploma and then a couple of times after my degree. I oways being kicked out after they measure my height or not shortlisted at all... really pretty upset though..
Mind showing me ur foto of u wearing the kebaya? or mayb u can send to me? or do u have friendster? Haiz.. my bf's dad is a IFS, but he doesn't encourage me to become a cabin crew at all.. Did u wait to apply after 6 months of interval or juz try and try whenever they have opening? Now i had put on a little weight compare to me after my diploma.. I'm those fleshly type.. :?
Please advise.
hi paige,

why not try gulf air, emirates, qatar? they are not particular abt appearance, weight issue, unlike SIA...

got it from another forum>

Oh, for Emirates and Qatar, they don't like girls that are too thin. They believe that if you are too thin... like 40something kg, you won't have the strength to lift luggages... especially if you look very thin and frail.

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 1:56 am

Anonymous wrote:
Paige wrote:

Hi Lynne,
Please advise.
hi paige,

why not try gulf air, emirates, qatar? they are not particular abt appearance, weight issue, unlike SIA...

got it from another forum>

Oh, for Emirates and Qatar, they don't like girls that are too thin. They believe that if you are too thin... like 40something kg, you won't have the strength to lift luggages... especially if you look very thin and frail.
Hi Guest,
I cant join Qatar, coz im juz 156cm and as for emirates, need to reach 212cm, but i can oni reach 208cm..

Paige.. :?