Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
curiousgirl

Re: okies

Post by curiousgirl » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:48 am

FAwannabe wrote:
curiousgirl wrote:
reena wrote:hi FAWANNABE...sure i will update you..i heared 18th Sept but not confirmed..in pan pac jb...how come didnt make it throught the finals...haiyahhh..anyways hope we will get to go together...see ya... :idea:
Hi Reena,
I had went for the recent interview in sg, but didnt make it through, and was told to wait 6 mths. Do u think it will be alrite to go to that in jb n not waiting 6 mths? Thanks
Hey, Ive found 3 frns whos gonna give it a go without waiting. We actly trying to find one more to share cab.. limited resources u know.. financial constraints. :) Let me know if you're interested.

curiousgirl

Re: okies

Post by curiousgirl » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:49 am

FAwannabe wrote:
curiousgirl wrote:
reena wrote:hi FAWANNABE...sure i will update you..i heared 18th Sept but not confirmed..in pan pac jb...how come didnt make it throught the finals...haiyahhh..anyways hope we will get to go together...see ya... :idea:
Hi Reena,
I had went for the recent interview in sg, but didnt make it through, and was told to wait 6 mths. Do u think it will be alrite to go to that in jb n not waiting 6 mths? Thanks
Hey, Ive found 3 frns whos gonna give it a go without waiting. We actly trying to find one more to share cab.. limited resources u know.. financial constraints. :) Let me know if you're interested.
Sorry, thats from me.
I am interested. Can i join?? As long as its alrite to do it. I dont want to be blacklist by them.

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 1:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:anyone who is 157 went for the silkair interview?Did u manage to clear the height thingy?
Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D

Post by Guest » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 4:40 pm

Ms G wrote:
Anonymous wrote:anyone who is 157 went for the silkair interview?Did u manage to clear the height thingy?
Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D
What a waste! u shd have gone for the interview without yur sister, i am sure she hopes u can get in too!

solucky

Post by solucky » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 7:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Ms G wrote:
What a waste! u shd have gone for the interview without yur sister, i am sure she hopes u can get in too!
The indian lady measured me 156 but allowed me to try anyway. Strange. Anyway, ive got the invitation for next interview. Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.

Aure

Post by Aure » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:23 pm

The indian lady measured me 156 but allowed me to try anyway. Strange. Anyway, ive got the invitation for next interview. Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.[/quote]

Hi, just wondering when your next interview would be?

Thanks for sharing

reena

hello

Post by reena » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:30 pm

i wont be sharing any cab with u all cause im from jb..i will get there myself i guess...dont get to excited on the interview as its not confirm to be on the 18th..yeahh!i dont think they will blacklist you,lah...god knows if they remember u applied before 6 mths or not..unless they check their records,right?

Post by Guest » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:43 pm

solucky wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Ms G wrote: Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D
The indian lady measured me 156 but allowed me to try anyway. Strange. Anyway, ive got the invitation for next interview. Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.
Just to let u guys know, during the 3rd interview, they will measure ur height again & when they found that u r below 1.58, they'll still eventually eliminate u..nevertheless, u guys can still try ur luck~all the best..

Post by Guest » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:57 pm

solucky wrote:
Dun worry about age. There are 28 yr olds who got in also.
Cool! dun worry about age? ... I better warm up then ...

Junie

Delay of Airbus

Post by Junie » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:07 am

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

i believe that you have caught the news about the posibility that SIA will sue Airbus A380 for the delay of delivery of Airbus Double Decker (16th July), and are in the midst of compensation talks (16th Aug).

i would presume that they would not be posting any new recruitments on their corporate website for any flight attendent for the time being (the last time being - 2nd July for Malaysian Flight Stewardess)

i am not here to dampen anyone's hope but just to keep you people informed.

Continue to live your dreams.

Cheers,
Junie

Post by Guest » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:53 am

thx for the info!

maya

Re: Delay of Airbus

Post by maya » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:02 pm

Junie wrote:Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

i believe that you have caught the news about the posibility that SIA will sue Airbus A380 for the delay of delivery of Airbus Double Decker (16th July), and are in the midst of compensation talks (16th Aug).

i would presume that they would not be posting any new recruitments on their corporate website for any flight attendent for the time being (the last time being - 2nd July for Malaysian Flight Stewardess)

Cheers,
Junie
are u a cabin crew? so does it mean SIA won't recruit anymore stewardess this year?

Junie

Re: Delay of Airbus

Post by Junie » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:20 pm

maya wrote:
Junie wrote:Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

Cheers,
Junie
are u a cabin crew? so does it mean SIA won't recruit anymore stewardess this year?
oh no, i'm not a cabin crew nor related to SIA in anyway. i am looking from the HRM aspect, and my presumption maybe wrong.

Ms G

Post by Ms G » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:06 am

Anonymous wrote:
solucky wrote:
Anonymous wrote: What a waste! u shd have gone for the interview without yur sister, i am sure she hopes u can get in too!
Just to let u guys know, during the 3rd interview, they will measure ur height again & when they found that u r below 1.58, they'll still eventually eliminate u..nevertheless, u guys can still try ur luck~all the best..

Hi all, I know of someone who's working as a flight attendant with silkair and she's prob b/w 156-157cm. I guess it all boils down to how much the interviewers like you. All the best ya, girls!

Raindrops

Post by Raindrops » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:18 am

solucky wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Ms G wrote: Hi, I went the day before sometime in the morning and the indian lady measured me at 157 and she cleared me after I asked her for a chance. I told her I've always been measured at 158 in sch. However, I didn't go for the interview eventually because she didn't allow my sister in who was slightly shorter. Well, just too bad. You went? Or are you going? If so, good luck and remember to wear a smile and ask for a chance. :D
Damn! I should have gone to try also....i'm 29.... *sigh*