Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
aphrokittee

Post by aphrokittee » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 1:20 am

CelT wrote: Dear Aphro girl,

I guess should be fine...as long can be covered by kebaya....should not be a prob....i had a girl who had a tatoo on her back....(saw during WCT)...but she manage to clear too :)
hi CelT, thanks for info!

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 2:58 am

durianbuttercake wrote:i'm a guy from malaysia and i just wandering, were there a lot of guys came for the open call last time ?
i just wander how high is my chances of getting the job.
[/color]
question:
1 - are all the rounds of interviewS will be held in one day?
2 - is the result after the final round will be announce on the very same day or the candidates will be inform by phone?
3 - am i allowed to show my expression on how much i want this opportunity?
4 - i'm 18 with spm and i stand at height of 1.81 m and weighs 65 kg. are my features will make me stand out from the male crowd?
I'm pretty certain your idealogy of the job is wrong at the moment. I would advice you to gain certain working experiences before working for the airline. It isn't a bed of roses. :-|

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 3:00 am

CelT wrote:Dear Ode,

25 years old ? shouldnt be a prob...morever u look young :D
I just got in SIA & is going to start training this 6 Nov...im also 25...just that im alittle taller than you...163m & 45kg....
Congrats. Welcome to the family but I must say, be prepared for the culture shock! :lol:

CelT
Chatter
Chatter

Post by CelT » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 9:29 am

Dear M,

Thanks!
What kind of culture should i be expecting ?
Well, i have heard much abt it....

Im trying to prepare myself for it.... :)
Haha, not sure if it works....but i guess to be more mentally prepared is better than not be prepared.

Hey Ferrin, sorry to hear that...Perhaps u can push yr case further by asking them why?

Sorry, just a suggestion.
.CEL.

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:26 am

kaozzzzzz wrote:Ferrin,

What's the reason? Care to share?
I just had my medical check...that bloody woman told me to wait for call, and if nothing happens, can start on 17th Oct. But till now no call...I called them up today, only to hear that the lady in charge is out of office for course.... and I wont be hearing from them so soon.... :x (for nothing I become gan jeong spider....)

By the way, before I got into this, I had my disappointments as well....I was marked by 1 bloody old man...keep marking me....even when I when for the previous 2 interviews 9 months apart! Everytime jammed at the Water Confidence Test....

Luckily this time there's no more water confidence, I don't have to go through that :mad:

By the way, are you local? Why would you have to go through the English Test?

Why u think they are marking u? i also have the same feeling something...that the female interviewer is marking me!

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:36 am

okieping wrote:
Why u think they are marking u? i also have the same feeling something...that the female interviewer is marking me!
Hi okieping,

6th sense is not an asset of just ladies u know? 8-) Sometimes guy have it as well....

This old man is forever giving the that 3 cornered eye look! During my recent 2nd and final interview, the interviewers kept asking why I tried 2 times, and always end up at the WCT round, I am just so embrassed to tell them that the 1st time, I was refuse the right to jump...2nd time I was marked...by the same guy....
I think they understand and knew who!

Anyway, hehe just got my phone call!!!Am starting 26 Oct! Hehe :oops:

okieping
Regular
Regular

Post by okieping » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:10 pm

kaozzzzzz wrote:
okieping wrote:
Hi okieping,

6th sense is not an asset of just ladies u know? 8-) Sometimes guy have it as well....

This old man is forever giving the that 3 cornered eye look! During my recent 2nd and final interview, the interviewers kept asking why I tried 2 times, and always end up at the WCT round, I am just so embrassed to tell them that the 1st time, I was refuse the right to jump...2nd time I was marked...by the same guy....
I think they understand and knew who!

Anyway, hehe just got my phone call!!!Am starting 26 Oct! Hehe :oops:

Congrats...but u still managed to get in... I have been sending my congrats to so many pple...wonder when is my time! :cry:
Pray and hope that this sat will be my turn...

Cloey

Breakout & Weight

Post by Cloey » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 2:39 pm

wawaa wrote:Hey dilemma gal..

a pc of advise..pls write down all the dates u haf applied for n Im tellin u frm my own exp coz I tried more than 8 times for the past 2 yrs to get into SQ. I cant even remember the no.of times or even the exact dates i went for the intv..so usually I just estimate. Why u shld do this is becoz..they will see ur dying determination n frm wat I observe u can pass ur round 1 more easily.

I knoe wat u meant wen during the 1-1 they ask u why do u tink u flunk the previous times n at which round rite? I got tat question posed to me b4 so basically I told them the truth n tat is I really don't know coz wen I tried to ask the beautician (always get kicked off at skin check), she never want to reveal my flaws. So its diff to knoe rite? But u got to promise them tat u try ur very best to be better. BUt roughly I do knoe wats my flaw la..I don haf a good skin..so frm many failed attempts I went to see skin doc to get it cleared. And lucky enuff, wit all hardwork n determination..I got in.

I'm in training now for the past 1.5mths n I met so many trainers who teaches my batch/class. Thus I usually ask them since some of them do the recruitment selection on wat they r lookin for..as well as I did ask the beautician on y Im always got kicked out at kebaya...etc Most of them said, during round 1 its first impression. Your body posture, ur tone or voice shld sound lively n enthusiastic, eye-contact n most imptly SMILE!
If u tink u worry abt the content of ur introdution, just use simple english, dont need to brag too much coz wen u speak do not haf slang or slurs. Be HUMBLE n be urself coz they can tell wat kinda person u r. As u moved on to kebaya...I asked the beautician who u gals always see doin the skin check. Frm wat she told me, u do not need to haf a perfect n flawless skin coz I do not haf..i am so sure on tat. As long as u knoe how to cover ur flaws even if u haf pimples popping out, eye-bags, warts (oil-seeds) below ur eyes..u sure pass thru n for walkin in ur kebaya..walk gracefully wit gd body posture.Do not spread ur legs to wide wen u walk, n do not CATWALK.

To move on to every each round, be consistent n always smile. The key to everything is SMILE n SMILE n HUMBLE. Answer every questions they posed confidently, do ur homework on those standard intv questions. N never ever talk negatively abt SIA like the bad things u heard frm SIA such as zappin.. U will do alright if u heed my advise. But at the end of the day is pure determination..see how long u can take the wait. Trust me..those who r very determined, once u get in u wont take things for granted coz u really want this as life during the training n esp flying is sumetin 'unglamorous' n all abt eating humble pie, patience n tolerance. Coz they r ppl who quit halfway as they cannot stand the culture in it. Tats y I always empahsized be humble.

I hope i've explain n cld help some of u out there who has got the burning aspiration to be a spore girl. All the BEST!
I am quite surprised to know that pimples are acceptable provieded the flaws are well covered. I am having breakout recently and it just starts to tone down after some docs prescription. Is there any weight issue? I am 1.6m tall, and about 55-56kg. I am the more curvy type, and wider hips. I went for my first interview 2 years back and i was kicked out in the first round. I think they need more staff for their upcoming airbus. But i'm very conscious about my weight and complexion. Besides that i think i am pleasant looking. But never try, never know right. Hmmm..

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Re: Breakout & Weight

Post by pink petals » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:15 pm

Cloey wrote: I am quite surprised to know that pimples are acceptable provieded the flaws are well covered. I am having breakout recently and it just starts to tone down after some docs prescription. Is there any weight issue? I am 1.6m tall, and about 55-56kg. I am the more curvy type, and wider hips. I went for my first interview 2 years back and i was kicked out in the first round. I think they need more staff for their upcoming airbus. But i'm very conscious about my weight and complexion. Besides that i think i am pleasant looking. But never try, never know right. Hmmm..
hey Cloey,

dun worry about ur weight. i am around ur height (but was measure shorter at the kebaya round) and weight 59.5kg! :wink:
and i was allow to try on the kebaya and got my skin check, which i failed at skin check. and yup, same here, i am big-boned with wide hips, considering chinese girls are mostly slim and have small hips.
so u are not heavy. give it a try, u never know. :)

go for it! good luck! :)

Cloey

Post by Cloey » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:30 pm

pink petals wrote:
Cloey wrote: I am quite surprised to know that pimples are acceptable provieded the flaws are well covered. I am having breakout recently and it just starts to tone down after some docs prescription. Is there any weight issue? I am 1.6m tall, and about 55-56kg. I am the more curvy type, and wider hips. I went for my first interview 2 years back and i was kicked out in the first round. I think they need more staff for their upcoming airbus. But i'm very conscious about my weight and complexion. Besides that i think i am pleasant looking. But never try, never know right. Hmmm..
hey Cloey,

dun worry about ur weight. i am around ur height (but was measure shorter at the kebaya round) and weight 59.5kg! :wink:
and i was allow to try on the kebaya and got my skin check, which i failed at skin check. and yup, same here, i am big-boned with wide hips, considering chinese girls are mostly slim and have small hips.

Hey, Thanks for your encouragement. You said that you were rejected for your complexion. But how bad was it? I mean even if you put concealer, it will not be smooth still isnt it. So are you flying now? Seems like we share similar prob. Weight & Height. But you got recruited at your weight 59kg?

pink petals
Regular
Regular

Post by pink petals » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 4:41 pm

Cloey wrote:
pink petals wrote:
hey Cloey,

Hey, Thanks for your encouragement. You said that you were rejected for your complexion. But how bad was it? I mean even if you put concealer, it will not be smooth still isnt it. So are you flying now? Seems like we share similar prob. Weight & Height. But you got recruited at your weight 59kg?
hee... i am not flying now, how i wish i am... thats was my last walk in swissotel and my 4th try. i wasn't invited for the write in application maybe due to my age, erhem, i am old, hahaha, late late late 20s. :oops:

as for the rejection at skin check, i am not very sure whats the factor as they will not tell you why. i personally think it might be tired n dull complexion as i only have 3hrs of sleep before the interview. plus, i dun really know how to put make up as i seldom don make up, so i wasn't good in covering my PMS pimples.

these are how i feel, i am not sure what the interviewers think though. maybe they just feel that i dun look good, pretty or young enough for them? heee.... we never know...

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 5:20 pm

pink petals wrote:
Cloey wrote:
pink petals wrote:
hey Cloey,

hee... i am not flying now, how i wish i am... thats was my last walk in swissotel and my 4th try. i wasn't invited for the write in application maybe due to my age, erhem, i am old, hahaha, late late late 20s. :oops:

as for the rejection at skin check, i am not very sure whats the factor as they will not tell you why. i personally think it might be tired n dull complexion as i only have 3hrs of sleep before the interview. plus, i dun really know how to put make up as i seldom don make up, so i wasn't good in covering my PMS pimples.

these are how i feel, i am not sure what the interviewers think though. maybe they just feel that i dun look good, pretty or young enough for them? heee.... we never know...
it's okay for you to have pimple.. not everyone are blessed with flawless skin..

most importantly, you need to know how to cover the flaws with make up.. :wink:

as long as you can do a good coverage, you still stand a chance yea..
Soaring above all

Cloey

Post by Cloey » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 5:37 pm

these are how i feel, i am not sure what the interviewers think though. maybe they just feel that i dun look good, pretty or young enough for them? heee.... we never know...[/quote]

it's okay for you to have pimple.. not everyone are blessed with flawless skin..

most importantly, you need to know how to cover the flaws with make up.. :wink:

as long as you can do a good coverage, you still stand a chance yea..[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I guess i am at the exfoliating stage with abit of redness. People please let me know if you also have some complexion /weight problem and how you overcome it ya. =D

durianbuttercake

luv the replies from u guys.... utmost appreciatiation

Post by durianbuttercake » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 7:09 pm

To Celt,
there is nothing in this world that can define my appreciation to you.
u will be a wondeful SIA cabin crew ever.

i have few experiences in customer service before.
i have work as a waiter when i was 16. trust me, from all the chaos and scolding from customer ( although they are wrong ) i have learned the fundamental of serving the food for the customer ( soon will be passenger ).
i have also gained some experience from working as a product promoter.
will my experiences from the past be an advantage for me?
and.. what is actually water confident test?

kaozzzzzz

Post by kaozzzzzz » Tue, 16 Oct 2007 7:29 pm

okieping wrote:

Congrats...but u still managed to get in... I have been sending my congrats to so many pple...wonder when is my time! :cry:
Pray and hope that this sat will be my turn...
Thank you thank you.... U can do it...with so many tips here....just speak proper English with clear dictation....good posture works... :P
Best of luck to you....Do let us know the outcome! :P