Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tomandjerryonwards

Post by tomandjerryonwards » Mon, 21 May 2012 5:24 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:
tomandjerryonwards wrote:I was briefed that basic salary will be at 1.3K and I was wondering is that the real basic salary or the training allowance because to be honest, it is quite low.

Any ideas?

Also any ideas on approximately around how much for allowances?
$1.3k++ is the basic and why SIA cabin crew are getting more than $3k monthly is because of the flying allowance etc. During training, you will only get your basic salary which is $1.3k++. When you start flying, you will get all the allowance which adds up to more than $3k monthly.
Thank you for your reply.

Can the allowances really be $1.7K++ to hit $3K monthly?! HOW?

I heard of air stewardesses getting $2.5K excluding allowances so I was wondering why is the basic pay so low. Care to explain?

So what I gather from your reply now is that during the 4 months training, you'll be paid $1.3K++, after the 4 months training, allowances (which may choke up to $1.7K) will be given. Am I right?

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 21 May 2012 5:29 pm

Didn't make it again... I've already tried several times.. And sometimes I don't even make it pass round 1... What are the maximum times that u guys tried??

blurrry

Post by blurrry » Mon, 21 May 2012 6:10 pm

tomandjerryonwards wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote:
tomandjerryonwards wrote:I was briefed that basic salary will be at 1.3K and I was wondering is that the real basic salary or the training allowance because to be honest, it is quite low.

Any ideas?

Also any ideas on approximately around how much for allowances?
$1.3k++ is the basic and why SIA cabin crew are getting more than $3k monthly is because of the flying allowance etc. During training, you will only get your basic salary which is $1.3k++. When you start flying, you will get all the allowance which adds up to more than $3k monthly.

I heard of air stewardesses getting $2.5K excluding allowances so I was wondering why is the basic pay so low. Care to explain?

So what I gather from your reply now is that during the 4 months training, you'll be paid $1.3K++, after the 4 months training, allowances (which may choke up to $1.7K) will be given. Am I right?
when you get in, the contract detailing your full pay and allowance will be there. they will SNAIL MAIL you these documents and you have to sign them. so don't worry about the pay.
You'll Never Walk Alone

ToffeeJellyBeans
Regular
Regular

Post by ToffeeJellyBeans » Mon, 21 May 2012 7:26 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:
ToffeeJellyBeans wrote:Hello everyone!
I went through the finals today but at kebaya round, they didn't likethe way I look in kebaya :( But the interview lady told me to come back for a review in July.
Has anyone been through a review before? Will we need to go through a final interview again?
Please share your experience! Thank you!
From what I know, you dont have to go through the management round again when you go back for your review. You will be kept under the KIV list. It might be due to you are slightly too chubby or too skinny which makes them think that you dont look good while wearing the kebaya. You might want to lose some weight or put on some weight before you go back for the review.

Phew! I don't want to go through management round again!
Thanks! :)
Dont worry too much! Kebaya is the last round. Gogogogo!
Ain't A Saint. I Falter. I Flaw.

ladyshi

Post by ladyshi » Mon, 21 May 2012 8:06 pm

yoyobin wrote:Didn't make it again... I've already tried several times.. And sometimes I don't even make it pass round 1... What are the maximum times that u guys tried??
hey! don't be dishearten! i tried 7 times already and i failed the management round again! just wait for the another interview

tomandjerryonwards

Post by tomandjerryonwards » Mon, 21 May 2012 9:10 pm

blurrry wrote:
tomandjerryonwards wrote:
Nevergiveup wrote: $1.3k++ is the basic and why SIA cabin crew are getting more than $3k monthly is because of the flying allowance etc. During training, you will only get your basic salary which is $1.3k++. When you start flying, you will get all the allowance which adds up to more than $3k monthly.

when you get in, the contract detailing your full pay and allowance will be there. they will SNAIL MAIL you these documents and you have to sign them. so don't worry about the pay.
Thank you for your swift reply again! I'm going for my medical checkup tomorrow and I hope there's nothing wrong in me... :shock:

flyhigh87

Post by flyhigh87 » Mon, 21 May 2012 9:26 pm

hey there! really admire your spirit and courage! i think i've tried for 7times too! first 5 all rejected @ round 1, last 2 rejected @ skin check. alrd disappointed...... :(
ladyshi wrote:
yoyobin wrote:Didn't make it again... I've already tried several times.. And sometimes I don't even make it pass round 1... What are the maximum times that u guys tried??
hey! don't be dishearten! i tried 7 times already and i failed the management round again! just wait for the another interview

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Mon, 21 May 2012 9:48 pm

flyhigh87 wrote:hey there! really admire your spirit and courage! i think i've tried for 7times too! first 5 all rejected @ round 1, last 2 rejected @ skin check. alrd disappointed...... :(
ladyshi wrote:
Hmms, everyone!!! Press on then!!! Lets not give up so soon alright!!! :) Anyone already tried more than 10 times?? Anyway, what is the topic for the management round?, i hope it's not tough...

yanfen87

Post by yanfen87 » Tue, 22 May 2012 11:52 am

yoyobin wrote: Hmms, everyone!!! Press on then!!! Lets not give up so soon alright!!! :) Anyone already tried more than 10 times?? Anyway, what is the topic for the management round?, i hope it's not tough...
i tried 9 or 10 times already, i lost count... and i always failed at round 1, damn sad, trying to improve but still fail :(

Nevergiveup

Post by Nevergiveup » Tue, 22 May 2012 1:44 pm

yanfen87 wrote:
yoyobin wrote: Hmms, everyone!!! Press on then!!! Lets not give up so soon alright!!! :) Anyone already tried more than 10 times?? Anyway, what is the topic for the management round?, i hope it's not tough...
i tried 9 or 10 times already, i lost count... and i always failed at round 1, damn sad, trying to improve but still fail :(
Sorry to interrupt, but dont give up if this is what you really want!!! :) You might want to ask for tips from your friends who are already in the airline industry so that you can ace the next interview. Jiayou girls!

paperpass

Post by paperpass » Tue, 22 May 2012 3:07 pm

Hi all guys,

did u know the next recruitment of Sia at singapore?

Rilakkuma

Post by Rilakkuma » Tue, 22 May 2012 5:56 pm

i went for the medical checkup this morning, and just got a call to go back tomorrow again. they say I have scoliosis, she say is mild one.. I'm so worried!

vizard

Post by vizard » Tue, 22 May 2012 7:09 pm

Guys and girls dun be disheartened! i have tried 3 times to get into this job..mm though my third time..i told myself not ever to try again if i failed..when u go for another round of interview..dun keep thinking of it..u will just get nervous..and they can see it..I really hope to see more people on flight too~

abilgal
Regular
Regular

Post by abilgal » Tue, 22 May 2012 10:40 pm

Always get booted out at the third round (1-1) for some reason haha. Think i should garner some experience first, if not i kept getting shot at for situational questions -_-

yanfen87

Post by yanfen87 » Wed, 23 May 2012 10:10 am

Nevergiveup wrote: Sorry to interrupt, but dont give up if this is what you really want!!! :) You might want to ask for tips from your friends who are already in the airline industry so that you can ace the next interview. Jiayou girls!
thanks for the encouragement :) but age is catching up, i will be 25 this year liao... haha but yeah jiayou to all who's still trying!