Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:22 pm

ready_2fly wrote:hi can anyone share those who got in .. how did they make gd self intro ?
Hmm... Not really... A girl in my group didn't make a good self introduction. She was nervous. Her reason for becoming a cabin crew is traveling is her new found interest. Er... Which I think perhaps most of us will not think it's a good answer. It's very subjective.

ready_2fly

Post by ready_2fly » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:30 pm

so wat did u said during ur self-intro ? name/ age/ occupation/ reason of becoming crew? average how long does it take for each participant?

KimberlyGin

Post by KimberlyGin » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:45 pm

Sad. I didn't even get to try the kebaya. Got boot out in the first round. But at least one i know how's the interview is like and got myself a nice breakfast buffet at the hotel. LOL.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:48 pm

KimberlyGin wrote:Sad. I didn't even get to try the kebaya. Got boot out in the first round. But at least one i know how's the interview is like and got myself a nice breakfast buffet at the hotel. LOL.
Wah! :cool:

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:23 pm

as i have mentioned earlier, the girl who got chosen in my grp was the most gentle and feminine one when we spoke. there are a lot of ppl with very outstanding customer service experience but it didnt help aslthough they were MUCH more confident.

so i do believe that they are looking for gentle and approachable ladies. submissive wise, I guess it comes with that image.

another factor that cannot be determined is that every judge that were present has their own preference and likings. some maybe DO like slim girls, while some really prefer gentler girls.

I can only say that its really LUCK. :?

as humor, my sis told me they wanted girls that are softer so that they can mould them into their culture cos confident girls being outspoken and bold tend to make noise and voice out their unhappiness when they enter the airlines and knoe the ugly side.. hahaaa. to a certain extent, I do believe. oh well, its just my personal opinion. :lol:

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:27 pm

hey guys

Just came back from the gruelling wait at Sheraton.I am in the guys group and only 4 of us get to the "catwalk" round

Questions asked were introduction and if there is one thing you can change about yourself what would it be......

Catwalk is basically walk to and fro of the room then to the desk where the interviewer is sitting.From there,she asked a few questions regarding qualifications and previous attempts for the interview.
Passing rate is 2 out of 6.I am the unlucky one to be booted out here!!A qatar steward was out in this round as well.....

FawaK....passing round 1 is a real hurdle and to be booted out in the catwalk round is so @#$%%!!! No words to describle......

randy11d

Post by randy11d » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:33 pm

summerboy02...its ok same thing happened to me too...just freakin disappointed man

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Post by summerboy02 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:40 pm

randy11d wrote:summerboy02...its ok same thing happened to me too...just freakin disappointed man
yes randy11d...round 1 is so freaking hard to pass then to be booted out at the catwalk round is so discouraging....I feel that the catwalk round is kinda redundant....They might as well check for our skin during the one to one interview.Not all perfect complexion will get thru round2 anyway....Saw quite a few malays for the 1 to 1 interview today....

have to try harder next time.

Cheers

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:42 pm

jlayl wrote:as i have mentioned earlier, the girl who got chosen in my grp was the most gentle and feminine one when we spoke. there are a lot of ppl with very outstanding customer service experience but it didnt help aslthough they were MUCH more confident.

so i do believe that they are looking for gentle and approachable ladies. submissive wise, I guess it comes with that image.

another factor that cannot be determined is that every judge that were present has their own preference and likings. some maybe DO like slim girls, while some really prefer gentler girls.

I can only say that its really LUCK. :?

as humor, my sis told me they wanted girls that are softer so that they can mould them into their culture cos confident girls being outspoken and bold tend to make noise and voice out their unhappiness when they enter the airlines and knoe the ugly side.. hahaaa. to a certain extent, I do believe. oh well, its just my personal opinion. :lol:
Yes, I totally agree with you. =) That's what I observe too. It's the same thing about serving National Service and being in an uniform group. They want to "brain-wash" and mould you into their culture.

mintia

Post by mintia » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:43 pm

Just got home after spending 7 hours at Sheraton... and failing the management round yet Again! :cry:

I really don't know what I did wrong - well if it's not them then it must be me...

Today's turn out was crazy - arrived at 9am and was group 35! By the time I was waiting for the 1-1 interview @ 2pm, it wa group 80! Think today's walk-in was like 1200ppl... and I wonder how many will make it through to the end.

In my 1st round, 6 out of 10 made it, then 3 of us passed kebaya and 1-1 interview... finally only 1 out of my group made it pass management round. Good for her - ex Emirates crew too.

*sigh* Maybe it's time to give up...who fails management round twice?!! Think only me lor. *sniff*

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:48 pm

hi mintia,

do you have flawless complexion?
all those that passed the skin test have flawless complexion?

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:50 pm

got through the 1st and 2nd round but got eliminated in the 3rd round, kind of disappointing though.

ReiszRie

Post by ReiszRie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 5:51 pm

mintia wrote:Just got home after spending 7 hours at Sheraton... and failing the management round yet Again! :cry:

I really don't know what I did wrong - well if it's not them then it must be me...

Today's turn out was crazy - arrived at 9am and was group 35! By the time I was waiting for the 1-1 interview @ 2pm, it wa group 80! Think today's walk-in was like 1200ppl... and I wonder how many will make it through to the end.

In my 1st round, 6 out of 10 made it, then 3 of us passed kebaya and 1-1 interview... finally only 1 out of my group made it pass management round. Good for her - ex Emirates crew too.

*sigh* Maybe it's time to give up...who fails management round twice?!! Think only me lor. *sniff*
what kind of questions do they ask in the management round?

mintia

Post by mintia » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:01 pm

Juz_Rei: No, I don't have flawless skin - got the usual freckles and some blemishes (still recovering from an acne attack). As long as you don't have major scarring on face and forearms/hang, you should pass. Provided you look ok in the kebaya and your walk/posture's good too.

ReiszRie: Management round's usually made up of personal questions, like about your family, your job, your hobbies, character, why you want to join etc. Do you do household chores etc.

It's weird - I got asked if I attended any interview courses to prepare for this SIA walk in...I said no... forgot to add on that I have a bunch of cabin crew friends *sigh* Maybe they thought I went for the Luke Tan course?
:?

Even got asked how I normally wear my hair (as I had bunned it up).. was told to let my hair down to show them.

Well, it's just very depressing for me - to go all the way to management round again and to fail it again. I really don't know why.. too old? (I'm 27) too chatty? too expressive?

urgh.

zye

Post by zye » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 6:14 pm

just got home from the walk in interview at sheraton towers. first time going for a cc interview. AND! all ten girls frm my batch got booted out in the first round. ))):