Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:40 pm

sillyflower wrote:I think they are hmm... looking for submissive girls with average confidence who will conform to their herd system. What do you guys think?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think that is happening. So you're saying anyone whom gets selected is submissive? :shock:

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:42 pm

az wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote: thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....
okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..
entah la..it really depends on luck..now after 2 times, i really think it depends on luck..cos based on just now, i thot sillyflower made a good intro and i thot she stood out, but she did not make it..so entah eh...could be they look at looks also, ur confidence, blah blah blah...
az, thank you! I wasn't expecting to get through it. If I do, it will be a bonus. Most probably they "kick" me out as they fear I can "read their mind" (not true), hypnoses them and won't conform to their system.

However, the whole interview was an eye-opener for me. I wondered why... why almost everyone want to be a cabin crew even if they know about the pros and cons well...

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:43 pm

Kimilogy wrote:Sheraton Hotel was really crowded juz now!

i reali wonder wat are they looking for in the 1st rnd(intro)...
2 out of 10 got in for my grp.
Those who speak with confidence didn't get in...
but the girl who was extremely nervous and kept on stammering during her speech got in! (perhaps she's a CC with Emirates..that's why?!)
or is it true that they're juz looking for slim girls..?

Can someone pls tell me wat r they looking for during the 1st rnd???

:cry:

hey kimilogy which group were you in? for my grp only 2 got through too, and one of them is from emirates. maybe we were in the same grp.. :)

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:45 pm

M wrote:
sillyflower wrote:I think they are hmm... looking for submissive girls with average confidence who will conform to their herd system. What do you guys think?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't think that is happening. So you're saying anyone whom gets selected is submissive? :shock:
Put it in this way... Those who were recruited are soft-spoken and feminine. They possess the cultural beauty of asian girls.
Last edited by sillyflower on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

az

Post by az » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:46 pm

sillyflower wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:
az wrote: thank u for accepting my apology..really.. i feel really bad abt wat i said and yes, i was being a bit bitchy..im SOOOO SORRRYYY.....
okok..so back to the topic...

so what r they looking for..
I think they are hmm... looking for submissive girls with average confidence who will conform to their herd system. What do you guys think?
hahaaha..could be...

Mighty Mouse

Post by Mighty Mouse » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:47 pm

M wrote:
Mighty Mouse wrote:i guess the intake for steward really very little..
quite demoralising when the lady told us that onli 1 out of 10 will get in .. haiz.. :(
i`m thinking too what they actually want and looking for during the first interview..
:???:
Not surprising when there is an excess of stewards, probably stewardess too. :shock:
thn if they hav excess of steward why still want to do walk in interview exercise..
i guess luck also play a part to get into SIA.. 8-)

Kimilogy

Post by Kimilogy » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:52 pm

surfsiderose wrote:

but the girl who was extremely nervous and kept on stammering during her speech got in! (perhaps she's a CC with Emirates..that's why?!)

hey kimilogy which group were you in? for my grp only 2 got through too, and one of them is from emirates. maybe we were in the same grp.. :)
I'm frm grp 42 i supposed..? how abt u girl?

surfsiderose

Post by surfsiderose » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:55 pm

Kimilogy wrote:
surfsiderose wrote:

I'm frm grp 42 i supposed..? how abt u girl?

same! haha add me on msn? ******** !
Last edited by surfsiderose on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:58 pm

Mighty Mouse wrote:thn if they hav excess of steward why still want to do walk in interview exercise..
You will still need crews to operate the new fleets which are coming in next year and when the jumbos are phasing out.

There were mass recruitments earlier this year in view of this and the possible high attrition rate during July/August. But no one did expect recession to come so early and therefore they can afford to be selective now.

Supply over demand, simply.

You will see more stringent selections at the moment, meaning high rejection rate. 8-)

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:05 pm

az wrote:
sillyflower wrote:
az wrote: Yes, there were many slim girls in our group. AZ, I'm in your group too. =) Hey, nice meeting you! Are you trying again?
ok, this is scary. which one are u? oh wait..are u one of the twins?
Well, e twin's here! haha... im e elder one ;)

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:06 pm

M wrote:
Mighty Mouse wrote:thn if they hav excess of steward why still want to do walk in interview exercise..
You will still need crews to operate the new fleets which are coming in next year and when the jumbos are phasing out.

There were mass recruitments earlier this year in view of this and the possible high attrition rate during July/August. But no one did expect recession to come so early and therefore they can afford to be selective now.

Supply over demand, simply.

You will see more stringent selections at the moment, meaning high rejection rate. 8-)
Moreover, fresh grads from banking and finance and etc... Their employment opportunities are affected by the recession. They may consider becoming cabin crews.

yuanz

Post by yuanz » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:18 pm

Mushroom wrote:Hi all,
Btw does anyone know what are the ladies doing when they get our application and key into the laptop? Are they also checking our background like how many times we tried? Rejected their sister brand airlines offer thus blacklisted?
lol they're just keying the applications into the system prob to prevent those under ban or blacklisted ones from trying out w/n the ban period. they'd have records of how many times u tried yup but it doesnt affect ur chances of being selected.=)) today's passing rate is really low eh. jiayou ppl try again!! az dont be discouraged! if this is really ur passion then try again! alot depends on luck and esp now there's recession it'll definitely be harder since they'd be stricter in their selection, but i believe its subjective and depends on different interviewers as well. dont give up and believe in yourself! try again!

ready_2fly

Post by ready_2fly » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:18 pm

hi can anyone share those who got in .. how did they make gd self intro ?

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:20 pm

quite true that its supply over demand...cause from my previous collegues there were groups whereby even Cabin Crew from diff airlines who were in the group interview did not get selected, and they spoke confidently. Guess this time somehow they're being very selective duh...
i met a nice girl who tried quite a few times though she's in another airline but also didnt got thru. the choose 3 out of 10 who've no exp in the svc industry at all. :wink:

chocopie

Post by chocopie » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:21 pm

AZ - yeah dun give up. at least u get to try on e kebaya. haha...we didnt even get there. hmm.. so how was tat round like??
Last edited by chocopie on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.