Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 4:04 pm

RedHearts wrote:i'm so sorry to ask this. But does anyone know of any airlines that recruit at 154-155cm? cause i'm new to this and really want to be a flight attendant. =x
you can try Tiger Airways for a start..ive got a friend shorter than me (I'm 158cm as measured during 23rdnov walk-in) n she got in .. or Jetstar or Valuair.
..if you could only read my mind..

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 4:37 pm

gabbyseed wrote:Is anyone of u excepted for interview below the age of 21?
For my O levels, I have 5 credits and my sixth is math which was a d7 I'm afraid I not good enough. Which reasons why I haven't got my invitation?

OK that is strange as i only got 2 o levels and i am on the verge of finishing my private diploma but i did send a photo of myself to them and i got a invite.. Hmm did you include any passport photo inside your resume or cover letter when you send it in gabbyseed?

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 4:48 pm

zandlelightz wrote:
For my O levels, I have 5 credits and my sixth is math which was a d7 I'm afraid I not good enough. Which reasons why I haven't got my invitation?

OK that is strange as i only got 2 o levels and i am on the verge of finishing my private diploma but i did send a photo of myself to them and i got a invite.. Hmm did you include any passport photo inside your resume or cover letter when you send it in gabbyseed?
Hey Zandle, just wanna check you include the photo as part of the resume or hmn... as a seperate attachment?

Haha, you must have look quite gorgeous that is why they forgo your qualifications based your looks :D
There is a Time for Everything..

Care_Bear

Post by Care_Bear » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 4:51 pm

you guys call Shirely from SQ HR at 6540 3780 to check on the status.
Maybe can ask her anymore slots to be released soon ;)
There is a Time for Everything..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 4:53 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:friend shorter than me (I'm 158cm as measured during 23rdnov walk-in) n she got in .. or Jetstar or Valuair.

Waste of time Redhearts is only 154cm..........

zandlelightz
Regular
Regular

Post by zandlelightz » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 5:01 pm

Care_Bear wrote:
zandlelightz wrote:
Hey Zandle, just wanna check you include the photo as part of the resume or hmn... as a seperate attachment?

Haha, you must have look quite gorgeous that is why they forgo your qualifications based your looks :D

Hey Care_ Bear i included the photo on the top page of my resume, just a simple no fuss passport photo. No lah i am not so gorgeous. Wait you see me you will know... Winks....

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 5:22 pm

Plavt wrote:Waste of time Redhearts is only 154cm..........

well..my fren who got in Tiger Airways is way way shorter than me.. i also haf some others shorter than me..flying in SilkAir..

RedHearts, u wont haf the chance to try SQ but if u really wanna try out as a cabin crew then u can try the budget airlines in sg first..get as much experience as u can.. do skipping everyday.. haha.. n maybe one day u can try other better airlines..

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 5:56 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:

well..my fren who got in Tiger Airways is way way shorter than me.. i also haf some others shorter than me..flying in SilkAir..

Your friend only appears 'way shorter' than you, if you take her height there won't be much difference. What is her height? You don't even know do you? Telling Redhearts to try for different airlines when she is 4 cms below the required minimum is both foolhardy and worse irresponsible. You need not think that is just my sentiment, that is a fact!

hatch_lover
Regular
Regular

Post by hatch_lover » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 6:01 pm

Plavt wrote:
viewfromthetop wrote:

Your friend only appears 'way shorter' than you, if you take her height there won't be much difference. What is her height? You don't even know do you? Telling Redhearts to try for different airlines when she is 4 cms below the required minimum is both foolhardy and worse irresponsible. You need not think that is just my sentiment, that is a fact!
oh. Plavt ... erm are u a FA? or you a Ex-FA?

Tink_15
Regular
Regular

Post by Tink_15 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 7:50 pm

zandlelightz wrote:Wow everyone is getting excited man.. Ok hope all of us get in on 15 dec ok....Cheers
Tink_15 wrote:
pynkwawa wrote: Hi Tink_15, the bus no 2 is at interchange? how many station i need to get down ? :) Thanks!
You can go to Bedok interchange and get number 2. Then from there i think maybe 10 stops ? I have to take it every day to work :)
There will normally be a lot of sia girls on the number 2 bus so when they get of just get of with them :)
You'll be able to tell the girls because they'll have all the make up on ;)
Of course excited :D hehe

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Post by mz^d » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 8:00 pm

I am attending the interview on the 15th as well, my slot is at 10am. Guess i'll see you guys there:) Good luck everyone

viewfromthetop

Post by viewfromthetop » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 9:56 pm

Plavt wrote:Your friend only appears 'way shorter' than you, if you take her height there won't be much difference. What is her height? You don't even know do you? Telling Redhearts to try for different airlines when she is 4 cms below the required minimum is both foolhardy and worse irresponsible. You need not think that is just my sentiment, that is a fact!
Hey,hey!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally did not deserve that!!

OMG this is the last time i'm going to give a suggestion.

ARGH!!

windancer04
Regular
Regular

Post by windancer04 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:03 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:
Plavt wrote:Your friend only appears 'way shorter' than you, if you take her height there won't be much difference. What is her height? You don't even know do you? Telling Redhearts to try for different airlines when she is 4 cms below the required minimum is both foolhardy and worse irresponsible. You need not think that is just my sentiment, that is a fact!
Hey,hey!!

ARGH!!
Haha..relax..u sound so frustrated.
♥Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT and IT WILL BE YOURS (Mark 11:24)♥

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:08 pm

viewfromthetop wrote:Hey,hey!!

ARGH!!
Don't take it personally dear. Plavt is just stating a fact. :cool:
Pigs CAN fly...... right?
You can when you believe!

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:18 pm

yup agreed, giving encouragement is fine but I think its kinda hurtful at the end of the day if its more like false hope rather than encouragement.
I mean no harm! Just that I know how it feels to have my hopes dashed at the end..

My slot is at 1030am, looking for ppl to go together cos I have no idea how to get there at all.. hahaa.

and I only got photocopied copy of my BC.
Acceptable?