Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hi

Post by pork12 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 3:03 pm

superpinkystar wrote:
M wrote:
B777er wrote:There is still zapping...Trust me... it goes to the extend that some contemplate to quit.... I reckon you do not fly to know that..... Try a broken wrist/s (Just matter how sister they are) CS or IFS.... Try a red dragon or a super high hump LSS.... Give press the wrong buttons, no matter what you do, you are in for it....

The juniors these days....tsk tsk.... With all the senior crew talking, SIA is desperate... CMI
It all depends on how you handle your man-man relationship with the other crew. If I'm the CS or LS flying with you, with your present mindset, I will definitely zap you? :cool:
i totally agree with M and Abercromie.
all i can say in this industry. you really have to EAT ALOT OF HUMBLE PIE. remember all your sorries, please & thank you. i know all these do sound very wayang. but in order to survive in this industry, you will have to do all these. if not, you will be very miserable in sq.

there are reasons why senior crew are considered zappy. they are just very black and white. in order not to get into trouble, you just have to know your work well. like these, they will have nothing to pick on. even IF YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT, just say sorry. do not bother explaining or talking back. you will just get it 10 times worse. believe me, i have gotten my fair share of zapping and lecturing too. why? because i didn't know my work well. these incidents just made me a stronger person, it teaches me that i must know my work at the back of my hand so all these so called top 10,zappy,sister or whatsoever has nothing to bitch about.

fyi, "sisters" in sq are genuinely very nice people. unless you come across as swanky and i-know-my-work-better-than-you attitude. you are just gonna get it as equally bad.

at the end of it, it's all about being humble.just be strong and hang on it there. tell yourself at the end of the flight, you won't see them again.

remember your work and don't ever talk back.

trust me, you realised that you become a stronger person after each flight.

if you wanna talk about about late 80s or 90s culture in sq, my seniors told me pots and casseroles will go flying in the galley. they will shout at you infront of passengers during meal service. they will shout at you to get out of the galley and work in the other galleys. or else, you just stand outside throughout the whole flight. you won't even dare to drink or eat mind you.

you can ask abercromie, i am sure he/she has more flying experience.
:D
I'm not a CC, I can't say for flying. But it's the same everywhere, really. It comes down to your working attitude and how you treat your fellow colleagues.

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 3:24 pm

rachelhoe wrote:now does the walkin in nov31 work? just go straight to the place and ask for the form?
How do you know that the walk-in is on 31 Nov? Thank you. :D

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:09 pm

Greetings !!
I'm back from the interview !
And guess what I found out ?!

From the security, outta 500 (or less) that went for the 31st oct 08's interview,only 13 made it.

I saw the list of people thats attending today's management interview.

Very scary... :?
Flutterby Flutterby

juz_rei

Post by juz_rei » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:14 pm

OMG that is crazy...

how did your interview went today?
what did you do?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:18 pm

leviosacho wrote:
rachelhoe wrote:now does the walkin in nov31 work? just go straight to the place and ask for the form?
I think rachelhoe meant 31 Oct...typo error I guess. The one where the write-in interview at STC was conducted...she was asking if instead of having the email invitation, is it possible that she can walk-in herself..

Coze there isn't any 31st nov on the calendar:)

The next walk-in I heard was 23 Nov...how true is this? Well, just check out the website when the dates are drawing near :P
(=^_^=)

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:35 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Greetings !!
I'm back from the interview !
And guess what I found out ?!

From the security, outta 500 (or less) that went for the 31st oct 08's interview,only 13 made it.

I saw the list of people thats attending today's management interview.

Very scary... :?
WOW! You must be really good =)
So how was it today?

pork12
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pork12 » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:59 pm

snowss wrote:
leviosacho wrote:
I think rachelhoe meant 31 Oct...typo error I guess. The one where the write-in interview at STC was conducted...she was asking if instead of having the email invitation, is it possible that she can walk-in herself..

Coze there isn't any 31st nov on the calendar:)

The next walk-in I heard was 23 Nov...how true is this? Well, just check out the website when the dates are drawing near :P
It's confirmed. Walk-in is on the 23rd November. Visit their website for more info!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/c ... etails.jsp

caryssa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by caryssa » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 6:40 pm

omg!its finally here..i've been waiting man..cause i really cant wait to leave my current job...
Accomplish or do not begin

sherrielynn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sherrielynn » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 6:48 pm

Today's good.
I made it thru and medical seems pretty ok oso.
So gotta wait for their call to go over again.

=)

2 interviewers,
one guy and one lady.
Guy's the spokesperson for SIA
Lady's the Director for CabinCrew Employment ( I think )

The guy's very friendly.
Lady pays alot of attention on you.

Questions asked were.

1. Did you meet up with nasty customers in your previous work, what did you do.
2. When you say the job's demanding, do you think you can handle the stress level ?
3. What is your hobby ?
4. Why only at the age of 24 did you try for SIA when you said its your passion ?
5. What kind of qualities should a cabin crew have ?
6. With the hetic work roster, you can't really have a proper rest, are you able to take it ?
7. Is this your 1st attempt
8. Are your parents supportive of you ?

I guessed I answered pretty nicely for question 3 because the guy got very interested when I told him I love to fish and to do prawning. lol.
Flutterby Flutterby

jlayl
Regular
Regular

Post by jlayl » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 8:12 pm

congrats sherrielynn : )
if I did not remember wrongly, you said you were 157cm? is it true?

Anyway, can anyone tell us how a walk-in interview is like?
1. First day interview got how many rounds? the self intro group one, and den?
2. is it like first 2 rounds (intro and kebaya fitting) and then the 3rd management round on another day?

leviosacho
Regular
Regular

Post by leviosacho » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:25 pm

sherrielynn wrote:Today's good.
I made it thru and medical seems pretty ok oso.
So gotta wait for their call to go over again.

=)

2 interviewers,
one guy and one lady.
Guy's the spokesperson for SIA
Lady's the Director for CabinCrew Employment ( I think )

The guy's very friendly.
Lady pays alot of attention on you.

Questions asked were.

1. Did you meet up with nasty customers in your previous work, what did you do.
2. When you say the job's demanding, do you think you can handle the stress level ?
3. What is your hobby ?
4. Why only at the age of 24 did you try for SIA when you said its your passion ?
5. What kind of qualities should a cabin crew have ?
6. With the hetic work roster, you can't really have a proper rest, are you able to take it ?
7. Is this your 1st attempt
8. Are your parents supportive of you ?

I guessed I answered pretty nicely for question 3 because the guy got very interested when I told him I love to fish and to do prawning. lol.
Hi sherrielynn, I think you are on the way to SIA already. :)
Can you give some advice to people (like me :D ) who is going to try out this coming SIA walk-in? Thank you very much. :)
Last edited by leviosacho on Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetset

Post by jetset » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:25 pm

Hi, does anyone knows if the whole interview could complete in a day? Say, if you were to go at around 9am. I have heard examples where candidates were able to complete the whole 4 rounds in a day.

Is it true? Even for walk-in?

Please enlight. Thanks a lot guys!

Best of luck for those who are trying this time! :)
+++Lets get jet set!+++

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:36 pm

jetset,

the last walk-in i went i reached at quarter past 8 in the morning and i cleared all 4 rounds by 4pm. so if you wanna have all in a day, try to be early! :)

jetset

Post by jetset » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:49 pm

hafiz_ wrote:jetset,

the last walk-in i went i reached at quarter past 8 in the morning and i cleared all 4 rounds by 4pm. so if you wanna have all in a day, try to be early! :)
Thanks hafiz! May I also know if your clearance with all 4 rounds meant a confirmation letter at the end of it, together with a medical checkup form? When did your training commence right after that interview?

Have you met anyone who defer their offer of employment?
+++Lets get jet set!+++

hafiz_
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hafiz_ » Mon, 03 Nov 2008 9:52 pm

the confirmation only comes after your medical, should you pass it. we were given a longer application form and the medical form to fill up and were told to go for the pre-employment briefing a few days later. during my management round once, i asked the interviewer how long can one hold his/her place for and he told me 6 months. i've got friends who passed everything in jan this year and could only start in june cuz they would only be graduating then. so yep. hope that answers your questions. :)